Eurotunnel not extending time on yearly tickets (1 Viewer)

Apr 13, 2013
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
One
Have been in touch with eurotunnel to extend the date on my yearly ticket as it cannot be used due to France not wanting you to go and drive through. Reply from eurotunnel is that they are open for business and you can use the service! Mixed messages I feel

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Have you used the web page contact form? that's what they are suggesting for this problem.

Unless anyone knws a tame journalist who might be able to shame them:rolleyes:

OP
OP
I
Apr 13, 2013
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
One
Have tried the web page and email. Response is the same. Looks like take your money and we are French!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
I am having the same problem. I cannot use the tunnel as the French say we cannot travel through France unless we are French , working in France or in the military etc etc.

Jan 22, 2019
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Adria PVC
Exp
Rented a few times...now an owner.
Same response here - they want to be "fair to all customers" ..... really poor from Eurotunnel

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Surely if they are not going to extend frequent traveller dates then they will have to refund unused crossings as we have paid for goods not received.

I am hoping with everything going on it's just a lower priority for them at the moment.

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Has anyone asked for a refund, I am in the same situation, my frequent traveller expires before the restriction, an cannot therefor be used. It is Government advise that we do not travel , as we have actually bought the crossings they should be refundable. They were not interested in any extension .

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
May be an idea forJim to create a list of the profiteers when this mess is clear.
I'm sure he'll need a lot of space. I can offer at least 7 companies that are making money from everyone else's missery.

Euromobil

Free Member
Jun 23, 2009
hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2010
One way to at least reduce your loss is to take off extras. A) change motorhome to car save £12 and B) if you have pet(s) take them off, save £18 . we have four crossings booked and guess we will lose the balance. Of course this only applies to trips booked not those unused.

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
My FT account expires in May.
i Have cancelled my FT booking for Easter, they have agreed to refund the surplus payment (Dog, Trailer)
when i questioned the unused single trips that this cancellation generated i was told they had extended the use by date until 7th August... i told them this was unacceptable as no one knows when travel will return to normal. the answer i received was to write in using their web site communication, which i have, and am awaiting a response

Jan 22, 2019
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Adria PVC
Exp
So I've just had an email from Qantas Frequent Flyer - how's this for decent customer service - any flight booked for travel before 31st July can be moved at no cost onto another flight up until Dec 2021. 18 months grace period...

Contrast this with those utter ***** at Eurotunnel ....I asked for refund and they refused

Jan 22, 2019
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Adria PVC
Exp
Surely if they are not going to extend frequent traveller dates then they will have to refund unused crossings as we have paid for goods not received.

Sadly not by Eurotunnels warped logic... you paid for the tickets and you are free to travel to Calais, turn around, and travel straight back.

Oct 27, 2016
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1997
I had a "chat" with ET customer services the other day regarding an extension of the "use by" deadline till at least the end of September. Her reply was that, as they were still running a service, they had no plans to do so and the crossings would be forfeited if not used!!!!. When I pointed out that their attitude would not encourage frequent travellers in the future, she said she would pass that message on up the line. I also said that the service was purely notional as we could not travel and the (almost) empty trains going over were simply a ruse to avoid making refunds under their T&Cs. I have used the contact option on the website to express my feelings but don't expect any change.

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
I tried contacting ET and kept been cut off, tried sending email but they would not reply . So sent them the copy of the email by post.

I have now written to my credit card company to ask if they can help.

colyboy

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
We need to keep an eye on some Media for the ones that are doing "Rip off Britain" type programmes, be that TV radio or newspapers.
DO we have a "celebrity motorhomer" ? or singular voice such as Jim (deliberately not tagging him as just read he was replying to people at 0330)
I have the BBC on site and could shout through the window at them. Done a BBC interview in there before on a scam.
We just need a journo to ring up their media department and they will backtrack quite quickly and extend FT tickets by the same amount of time as the Government(s) declared no travelling.

haveyoursay@bbc.co.uk would be the way I would go.

More than happy to defer to someone who wants to do it.

Or we get as many of us as there are to inundate the email address over a 24 hour period by sorting out another thread and employing the combined efforts of the whole motorhomefun community.

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Couldn’t agree more. I think more the merrier. An interesting slant on this is that my interpretation of some of Eurotunnel’s answers imply that their ‘electronic systems’ are set to a fixed 12 month period. This would suggest that their IT systems are dictating company policy

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
My FT account expires in May.
i Have cancelled my FT booking for Easter, they have agreed to refund the surplus payment (Dog, Trailer)
when i questioned the unused single trips that this cancellation generated i was told they had extended the use by date until 7th August... i told them this was unacceptable as no one knows when travel will return to normal. the answer i received was to write in using their web site communication, which i have, and am awaiting a response
Just had reply to my email..... not a bad result

Jessica
(Eurotunnel Le Shuttle Support)

27 Mar, 9:56 am GMT

Thank you for your email.

We are sorry to learn that you may not be able to take advantage of all the outstanding credit in your Frequent Traveller account. We understand that currently only essential travel is permitted.

The first thing I would like to say is that we do genuinely value all of our customers and we understand that it shows commitment to open a Frequent Traveller Account. We are also aware that sometimes situations arise which mean that some are not able to travel as often as they had expected when opening such an account. We acknowledge that quite often people find themselves in an unforeseen position quite outside of their control.

I acknowledge your concerns and whilst we are unable to extend the validity of your account, we can cancel the remaining 4 crossings and issue you with a credit voucher to the value of £184, this would be subject to you opening a new Frequent Traveller account. This offer will be valid for redemption for six months from today.

I hope you find this suggestion helpful, and if you decide to open a new Frequent Traveller account, please contact us with the new account number, and we will arrange to issue this voucher for the unused legs on your expired account.

Because this is a gesture of goodwill, I am obliged to say that it might not be possible to make such an offer again if you were to have remaining crossings left on a future account.

Kind regards

Euromobil

Free Member
Jun 23, 2009
hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2010
Maybe need a bit more clarification from Eurotunnel, the minimum frequent traveler is 10 crossings, do we have to pay for 4 and they will credit the 6 we have we been able to use ? Or indeed do we need to buy 10 and they will add on the 6 unused.
In a perfect situation they will let us open a new account without adding any and just credit it with the unused ones from this year. I've e mailed them , lets see what they say.

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Maybe need a bit more clarification from Eurotunnel, the minimum frequent traveler is 10 crossings, do we have to pay for 4 and they will credit the 6 we have we been able to use ? Or indeed do we need to buy 10 and they will add on the 6 unused.
In a perfect situation they will let us open a new account without adding any and just credit it with the unused ones from this year. I've e mailed them , lets see what they say.
The email said they had a credit of 184 so I would think you would need to open a new 10 pass and the 184 would be deducted from the cost.

Would just be easier to extend the expiry dates of the accounts but sounds like their IT systems cannot manage that.

Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
So ET get a big influx of funds as we all renew our FT accounts for the full minimum 10 crossings and get credit for the unused crossings in our old accounts. So if you have 4 crossings left you have to give ET £276 towards your next 10 crossings. I think we would all have liked them to extend the dates for as many months as we are in lockdown.

OP
OP
I
Apr 13, 2013
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
One
Good to hear that someone has a result. I am going to communicate with ET and demand an extension after lockdown finishes as we cannot use ET due to the constraints of their country ...... France.
Get the feeling if enough people keep at them something will give, hopefully.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
I was about to open an account three weeks ago. I thought I’d best enquire about an extension as our first journey would have been next week........NO, was the clear answer.

I’m assuming you need to apply to get this ‘offer’? My gym contacted me and said my annual membership would be extended by the same time as the closure. Why can’t ET do that?

Jun 10, 2013
Sussex
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Festivals
I just sent this to Eurotunnel, only after I hit send did I realise that Fun was probably a better first place to ask! I also forgot to say the v word but surely that will be obvious:

Hi, I have 8 frequent traveller tickets left, and in a normal year we had lots of time to use them, but now I cannot see how we can use them before they expire.

My query is not just about my specific situation, it is: there must be lots of people with the same problem, are you going to do the decent thing and blanket extend the 12 month limit on everyone's frequent traveller tickets?

Have been in touch with eurotunnel to extend the date on my yearly ticket as it cannot be used due to France not wanting you to go and drive through. Reply from eurotunnel is that they are open for business and you can use the service! Mixed messages I feel

I find the reply you had from them outrageous. Big of them to let us use the tunnel only to be rightly booted back by the French.

Jun 10, 2013
Sussex
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Festivals
So I've just had an email from Qantas Frequent Flyer - how's this for decent customer service - any flight booked for travel before 31st July can be moved at no cost onto another flight up until Dec 2021. 18 months grace period...

Contrast this with those utter ***** at Eurotunnel ....I asked for refund and they refused

If I get a -ve response I'd like to quote this back them, I'm afraid reading through this thread they seem to be asking for it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back