Eurotunnel not extending time on yearly tickets (1 Viewer)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Surely, they expect you to claim on your travel insurance ?
What does the contract say ?
Doubt that will work. He bought a year's Frequent Traveller package of 10 tickets. You then book your journey when you want. But no actual journeys booked that were lost, he just did not use his full 10 tickets. I can't see how that will be covered by travel insurance.

Adtan

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2019
Chadwick end
Funster No
MH
Pilote G720 FC
Exp
Since 2017
Hi I’ve just had this from
Dear Mr Stretton,

We know that this is a very unsettling time for everyone. As the lockdown continues, and Government restrictions stay in place, we have listened to your requests, and made the decision to extend the validity of all of our Frequent Travellers’ tickets by 12 months.

Hopefully this will help you dream of ventures back across the channel in the future. We certainly look forward to welcoming you much sooner than 12 months away, but decided it was simplest just to ensure you have plenty of time to make plans.

There’s no need to contact us, you should just see it change in your account at some point in the next few weeks.

Thanks for your continued support,

Customer Relations
Eurotunnel Le Shuttle

Nov 22, 2014
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Do not own one, but I dri
Exp
I`m a newbie
Doubt that will work. He bought a year's Frequent Traveller package of 10 tickets. You then book your journey when you want. But no actual journeys booked that were lost, he just did not use his full 10 tickets. I can't see how that will be covered by travel insurance.
Point taken.I agree.

Nov 5, 2011
Gironde, France
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
5 years
Nous reconnaissons que nous sommes dans une période déstabilisante. Etant donné que le confinement continue et que les contraintes du gouvernement restent en place, nous avons écouté vos demandes et nous avons pris la décision de prolonger la validité de tous les billets Voyageurs Fréquents de 12 mois.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi I’ve just had this from
Dear Mr Stretton,

We know that this is a very unsettling time for everyone. As the lockdown continues, and Government restrictions stay in place, we have listened to your requests, and made the decision to extend the validity of all of our Frequent Travellers’ tickets by 12 months.

Hopefully this will help you dream of ventures back across the channel in the future. We certainly look forward to welcoming you much sooner than 12 months away, but decided it was simplest just to ensure you have plenty of time to make plans.

There’s no need to contact us, you should just see it change in your account at some point in the next few weeks.

Thanks for your continued support,

Customer Relations
Eurotunnel Le Shuttle
Nous reconnaissons que nous sommes dans une période déstabilisante. Etant donné que le confinement continue et que les contraintes du gouvernement restent en place, nous avons écouté vos demandes et nous avons pris la décision de prolonger la validité de tous les billets Voyageurs Fréquents de 12 mois.
See https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/fair-play-to-eurotunnel.218549/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 5, 2011
Gironde, France
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
5 years
Live in France & recently had this. Although unless we can self isolate in our camper, cannot visit UK. Probably safer here anyway!

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Looks like a 12 month extension is now the norm. The wallet I am named on has now been extended to Sept. 2021. Result - as only 4 of the 10 tickets have been used to date. Had planned on going away next week and again in September.

Feb 22, 2020
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E582
Exp
2011, 11.6m cruiser on Thames for 5 years before
Just spoken to Eurotunnel about our booked crossing on 1st June. First 5 times I rang, it just cut off. Then twice “ very busy, please try again later”. Tried again 5 minutes later, 30 minutes of lovely Baroque music, then a helpful young lady sorted a voucher which will come by email in the next 3-5 days.
The date of the email will be the start of 1 year in which to claim the voucher, I think for use in the next year! Once I got through, it took less than 2 minutes.
Sorted, thank you Eurotunnel!

PS: I said MHF had advised this, and it worked!

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back