Europeon Headlight Deflectors. (1 Viewer)

Oct 26, 2016
kent
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance 810G
Exp
since 2003
Hi Can anyone help I need to fit headlight deflectors on my carthago chic-c-line 2018 but the instructions are as clear as mud,I have small individual lights, I know they go on the dipped beam but exactly where??

Joe

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
There should be a diagram with the deflectors for the round hella type lights. As far as I can remember you only use the round part and it goes near the top of the light so the bottom of the deflector is slightly above the bulb and slightly to the right as you look from the front?

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Mine are still in the beam deflector shop :eek: along with the breathalyser and warning triangle  :eek: :eek: I'm an outlaw :LOL:

Markas

Free Member
Jul 13, 2017
Bressuire, Deux-Sevres
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Off and on since 2015
Hi Can anyone help I need to fit headlight deflectors on my carthago chic-c-line 2018 but the instructions are as clear as mud,I have small individual lights, I know they go on the dipped beam but exactly where??

Joe
If you really want to stick them somewhere they actually make a difference try aiming the dipped beams at a large flat surface such as a wall or garage door and see the shape of the beam pattern.
Use insulating tape to work out where the part of the beam which needs to be blocked is projected from on the light glass. You're trying to block the bit which lights the nearside kerb in the UK. As others have said you may only need to use the round bit of the beam-bender.
Bizarrely on one of my vans (can't recall which one) it only uses the round bit, but upside down! And that's following the instructions.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Think the OP is a member of Carthago Owners UK. On their website (under technical) there is an article showing how to adjust the Hella 90mm dia dipbeam lights for use in mainland Europe.

The adjustment converts the beam pattern to a flat beam with no kick-up. I leave my dipbeam lamps on this setting all the time. It passes the MOT every year.

I did initially use beam deflectors but only once on my first trip abroad. Used the circular bit in top right position. But only used about half the full circle for masking.

I saw you posted on the COUK Facebook page but you tacked in onto an unrelated post. Best to start a new thread if you want feedback.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I bought the ones from Halfords and fitted to my Hymer headlights which are also individual lights. I found the instructions to be clear , only problem was removing the glue from headlight protectors , don’t like leaving them on as they deteriorate with time and look grotty.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Copy the foreign vehicles in the UK, never seen one yet using them here !

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Have you ever tried to find them for converting LHD to RHD?

And if you can, how many bother?.

Money making racket, make your own.
I used to sell them, the defectors are the same just the fitting instructions that are different, was a good earner as cost the same but I sold them for twice the price.:)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging

Joe
As said you don't need them, your Hella lamps are adjustable for flat dipping. The new Hella lamps you just flip a lever on the back. The Classis lamp (I think that's the one Carthago use) you loosen the 3 screws and rotate the lamp a few deg.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back