EU Pet Passport in Belgium (1 Viewer)

Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
Has anyone managed to get an EU pet passport in Belgium? Or know the rules for there?

OP
OP
Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
Ah yes!
I recall. The one vet we had once used very helpfully in Brugge had said no to a funster when I recommended him! But this one does issue them. No special rules for DogI like I cad in France then?
I was wondering if it was worth the detour over the border from the tunnel before going back through France

Upvote 0

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
We got one from the vet in Mons, definitely worth the detour. We stooped overnight at the free place by the canal at Strepy-Thieu boat lifts which is near Mons

Not as cheap as Spain but 50 € for PP, then health check/consult and rabies jab made total up to 120€
Parking on forecourt outside, the clinic is on a main road on the outskirts.

Upvote 0
May 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2006
We got one from the vet in Mons, definitely worth the detour. We stooped overnight at the free place by the canal at Strepy-Thieu boat lifts which is near Mons
We got a passport for ours here too in Oct. I emailed a few days previous for an appointment. V efficient, all done & dusted in 15 mins. She checks dog over, gave 3 yr rabies vaccine & gets passport out of a drawer, & fills it infront of you, all correct & as per the current guidance. We had the tapeworm tablets for return to UK at the same time. We used the AHC to come back to UK as we were returning in under 21 days since the EU rabies vaccine.
Sorry can't remember the exact cost but not the cheapest I don't think. You need to pay cash. Used the passport a couple of weeks ago to come back out to France & all good.

Upvote 0

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Seconded for Dr Jaucot. Expensive, scruffy writing but very efficient. She is a strong advocator for cash payments. Transferred our rabies info from old uk pp. used for wormers on return and filled pp and AHC. 👍🏻

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Just check she puts the correct date 😵😵😵😵.

The “emergency“ vet appointment to correct it on New Year’s Day was the most expensive worming treatment we’ve had. Especially painful as he just crossed it out and rewrote a date. 🙄🙄

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
Had the experience in East Germany of a vet not used to pet passports ( in the Old Days when we used the UK one) who used a non acceptable drug - defra non acceptable it was good for the purpose of worms and tick possible infection.
but we went to Bruges vet ( the one I recommended!) who altered the passport with no charge so we could get on the tunnel!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back