Essential maintenance during lockdown (1 Viewer)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I’m afraid no, the police will view it that there will be closer places for you to go and if it’s not your only means of transportation then it’s deemed not essential...

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Am I allowed to travel 120 miles in my motorhome to have essential maintenance carried out
probably not

Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
Define essential? I think that the threshold of "essential" is pretty high (always depending on what police force area you are in) because of all the mickey takers who had been ignoring the regulations.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
probably not, but I see from your avatar you have a T5 so you would probably get away with it as lots of traders have T5's instead of the Tansit...

OP
OP
T
Feb 2, 2019
Billingham UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote P650C
Exp
I've now got a Pilote P650c on which I have a problem with the electric's (charging system)which requires attention to prevent further damage.
Due to it still being under warranty with SMC motorhomes in Newark it needs to go back there to avoid a hefty bill for repairs and I live in Billingham up near Middlesbrough.
I have asked the dealer to send me an email that I can show if I am pulled to prove the maintenance is a safety issue.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I've now got a Pilote P650c on which I have a problem with the electric's (charging system)which requires attention to prevent further damage.
Due to it still being under warranty with SMC motorhomes in Newark it needs to go back there to avoid a hefty bill for repairs and I live in Billingham up near Middlesbrough.
I have asked the dealer to send me an email that I can show if I am pulled to prove the maintenance is a safety issue.
Are you a fulltimer, if not, disconnect the battery, saves further damage and maybe damage to your pocket as plods definition of safety may well not match yours.

Last edited:
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
As far as I can make out the dealer is breaking the law for being open and you would be breaking the law for driving there. When my appointment was cancelled the dealer said that they had to close because they were classed as a leisure industry (despite their Fiat Professional status). I said I was ok with that because I thought I would be breaking the law to drive there and they agreed that neither of us was allowed to keep the appointment.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I would email them so you have it written and get them to confirm that as you are not legally able to travel that the work will still be covered under the warranty.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
And to who ???
The question was is it ok to travel for essential maintenance. The answer must depend on the circumstances and what the maintenance is. If its a fulltimer with it as their only accommodation and it needs fixing to remain habitable I'd say its definitely essential. In other circumstances it probably isn't. I thought as that was the original question I thought it was reasonable to ask. What do you think?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back