Entry to France requirements now. (1 Viewer)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We have booked a Channel Tunnel crossing for next Sunday.

As far as we can see we only need the following

NHS Foreign Travel Passport showing two vaccinations.
Declaration that we are Covid free etc.
French Pass sanitaire.
Green Card cover.
Travel and breakdown insurance.

We don’t think we need any pre-travel Covid tests.

Can anyone who has travelled very recently confirm this?

We lived in France for six months in the year, (pre-Brexit), for 16 years but have found so many confusing “guides” to travel that we need advice/reassurance regarding this trip, please.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i was looking at this for Daughter in law who has just travelled over for a long weekend.

this is what she used as guidance ( from Shuttle )

Fully vaccinated passengers, and passengers under 12 years old, will not be required to present negative COVID tests to enter French territory, but proof of vaccination status will need to be presented at border controls.

You will not be required to quarantine upon arrival in France. Unvaccinated minors travelling with fully vaccinated adults will not be required to quarantine.

Important: Prior to travel, you can upload the required document above to your booking by logging into your account/booking and completing your Health Declarations. Failure to do so will result in manual checks being required which could delay your departure.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Yes sounds right to me. We came over 4 weeks ago and are heading home tomorrow.

You may need a +2 day return test booked (and info needed to complete your passenger locator form )but the rules might change depending on when you return .

Well worth carrying paper copies of Covid vaccination as well , easier for us to hand over when we got to France for them to check.

Passenger locator form needs completing before you come home - earliest is 48 hours before departure.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I believe ( and i am often wrong!!) that from Wales NHS you are currently unable to get a digital vaccination proof.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
I believe ( and i am often wrong!!) that from Wales NHS you are currently unable to get a digital vaccination proof.
Indeed you are wrong. You can get it via the ' NHS Covid pass' website, it's the same as the English one.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
I should say that you cannot get a paper copy from the Wales NHS with a barcode on it but once you have registered on the website you can download a PDF with the barcode on and print it.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Hi maison we are also travelling out on Sunday.
For Covid you need your vaccination status (we have paper copy, Scottish app and TousAntiCovid app). Belts and braces. You should also upload your Declaration sur l’honneur - you can do this from Thursday (72 hours in advance).
For vehicle you need V5, copy of insurance, breakdown cover but not green card. We also take certificat of conformité and proof of travel insurance.
Then you need bulbs, reflective jackets, warning triangle, spare glasses, UK sticker.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Don't forget a corkscrew, bottle stoppers and some real glass wineglasses 👍 oh, and a champagne stopper can be useful too. 🥂

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
As far as I’m aware you don’t need the pass sanitaire. We came back from France last week and don’t have it. We just used our certificates of vaccinations. The green card is also not required in fact I don’t think it has been needed since the 1970s. I’m not sure breakdown or travel insurance are legally required.
From tomorrow tests before return are not required. Just PLF and depending on when you plan to come back maybe you will have to buy two day after return tests.
To clarify, you will need, passports, declaration of honour, certificates of vaccinations and that’s about it. Other than the usual vehicle documents.
Have a great trip.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
France accepts the UK Covid passes now, not sure about Scottish ones though, they might still have to upload to the pass sanitaire.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
As far as I’m aware you don’t need the pass sanitaire.
Indeed. You only need it (or the NHS Health vaccination Pass certificate) when already in France to access bars, restos, camp sites......

From 9 August (30 September for young people aged between 12 and 17 years), you must present a “pass sanitaire” (“health pass”) to access a number of public places or activities. Three types of proof are accepted: proof of full vaccination, proof of a test less than 72 hours old or proof of recovery from COVID-19 more than 11 days ago and less than 180 days ago. Verification is carried out by QR code, which may be presented in digital or paper format.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Indeed. You only need it when already in France to access bars, restos, camp sites......

From 9 August (30 September for young people aged between 12 and 17 years), you must present a “pass sanitaire” (“health pass”) to access a number of public places or activities. Three types of proof are accepted: proof of full vaccination, proof of a test less than 72 hours old or proof of recovery from COVID-19 more than 11 days ago and less than 180 days ago. Verification is carried out by QR code, which may be presented in digital or paper format.

Well yes that is correct but french businessess can now scan the UK QR too so there is no need to upload into the French app any longer

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
As far as I’m aware you don’t need the pass sanitaire. We came back from France last week and don’t have it. We just used our certificates of vaccinations. The green card is also not required in fact I don’t think it has been needed since the 1970s. I’m not sure breakdown or travel insurance are legally required.
From tomorrow tests before return are not required. Just PLF and depending on when you plan to come back maybe you will have to buy two day after return tests.
To clarify, you will need, passports, declaration of honour, certificates of vaccinations and that’s about it. Other than the usual vehicle documents.
Have a great trip.
Apologies for being pedantic but just to clarify currently the 48 hour test you need once you have returned to the UK has to be booked and paid for before you leave to come back. The locator form not sure if that’s needed from France but if so it will ask for the test order number.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Apologies for being pedantic but just to clarify currently the 48 hour test you need once you have returned to the UK has to be booked and paid for before you leave to come back. The locator form not sure if that’s needed from France but if so it will ask for the test order number.
Yes you need the booking number from the day 2 test to be able to complete the locator form. You get the booking number by email when you purchase your test. You have to complete the locator form and upload it to Eurotunnel in advance of your return journey, I imagine the ferry is the same.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Yes that’s correct the code number of the 48 hour after return test needs to be added to the PLF. we had to show our PLF at pet passport control, others without pets showed theirs at normal passport control. Whether that will still be required when you return is anyone’s guess.

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
That has now changed Phill.

There are a few hoops to go through, registering with the NHS, then proving your identity to NHS Wales, but we now have QR codes to prove second vaccinations. We have uploaded them to the pass sanitaire and will also carry printed copies.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Yes you need the booking number from the day 2 test to be able to complete the locator form. You get the booking number by email when you purchase your test. You have to complete the locator form and upload it to Eurotunnel in advance of your return journey, I imagine the ferry is the same.
Looks like I was answering at the same time as you.

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
France accepts the UK Covid passes now, not sure about Scottish ones though, they might still have to upload to the pass sanitaire.

I have the french app which worked every time I used it,whereas my friends used the nhs app and that was a bit inconsistent.

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Yes that’s correct the code number of the 48 hour after return test needs to be added to the PLF. we had to show our PLF at pet passport control, others without pets showed theirs at normal passport control. Whether that will still be required when you return is anyone’s guess.
Are you saying that you had to order and obtain the PLF test in France so that you can show it in Calais before returning or just show that you have booked a test?

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010

You are correct,you have to put your test number on your Eurotunnel ticket on the website.Well that’s what we did,if travelling by ferry it must be the same.

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks to everybody for the replies. We knew that Green Card, Accident and Travel Insurance weren’t legally required, just added them to the list as we currently have them.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
PS we are holding off buying our Day 2 tests till after the announcement on Thursday/Friday - hopefully that will tell us whether we need to book PCR or the (hopefully) cheaper lateral flow test.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Are you saying that you had to order and obtain the PLF test in France so that you can show it in Calais before returning or just show that you have booked a test?
Just show (prove) you have one booked. This is done by entering the test code as emailed to you onto the PLF.
I’m not sure anyone checks whether you have actually carried out the 48hr test.

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Just show (prove) you have one booked. This is done by entering the test code as emailed to you onto the PLF.
I’m not sure anyone checks whether you have actually carried out the 48hr test.
Thanks for that.

Now, a “numpty” question. How do you order the test?

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010

We booked our tests 5 days before we were due to come home,then you put the test order number on your travel company ticket online as proof you have ordered one. In my case it’s Eurotunnel.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back