Entry to France requirements now. (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Hi maison we are also travelling out on Sunday.
For Covid you need your vaccination status (we have paper copy, Scottish app and TousAntiCovid app). Belts and braces. You should also upload your Declaration sur l’honneur - you can do this from Thursday (72 hours in advance).
For vehicle you need V5, copy of insurance, breakdown cover but not green card. We also take certificat of conformité and proof of travel insurance.
Then you need bulbs, reflective jackets, warning triangle, spare glasses, UK sticker.
Thanks for the list.

To where do we upload the Declaration? We see on our booking confirmation from Eurotunnel that we “can upload all our Covid declarations to them 72 hours ahead of the booking” and that they will e-Mail further information and details at that time. Is that what you are referring to?

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks for that.

Now, a “numpty” question. How do you order the test?

We used ‘ testing for all ‘ online. It’s straight forward on there website and they send them to you to arrive the day after you arrive home.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Thanks for that.

Now, a “numpty” question. How do you order the test?
Just went online Googled 48 hour return test. Euro tunnel came up with their recommended suppliers list. Picked the cheapest available. Once my order was received I had a return email which included the code numbers for our tests. I just added these codes to our PLF and Robert is your mothers brother.
Have a great trip.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks for the list.

To where do we upload the Declaration?

We printed them off,filled them in,but no one has asked to see them yet.
We were asked at the tunnel if we had filled them in but we’re not asked to show them to anyone.

The Lord Squid

Free Member
Dec 28, 2016
The West Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Sleepers panel van
Exp
since 2017
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Can you not screen shot your vaccine app and save to pictures and just show that rather then printing off..?

1633289803719.jpeg

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Can you not screen shot your vaccine app and save to pictures and just show that rather then printing off..?

View attachment 544290
The paper certificates are different to the QR code. In fact they don’t have a QR code on them but were accepted everywhere we went. I do have what you’re showing and it was accepted but my wife doesn’t have a phone that would show it so never got hers from her surgery.
The paper certificates were fine and hopefully even they will be not required by the time we go again.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
I
Thanks for the list.

To where do we upload the Declaration? We see on our booking confirmation from Eurotunnel that we “can upload all our Covid declarations to them 72 hours ahead of the booking” and that they will e-Mail further information and details at that time. Is that what you are referring to?
I’m going to attempt to upload it to Eurotunnel but take paper copies too.
I’ll be using testingforall website for day 2 tests as that is what we use for travel at school and seems reliable.

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988

View attachment 544290
We have that and have also printed it off thank you. Belt, braces and piece of string!

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
We wernt able to upload the declaration d'honeur onto the tunnel website, it wasn't a problem, when we checked in at Eurotunnel, they gave us a paper copy to complete (we did this whilst queuing to get through passport control) so this didn't cause any holdups/delays. We actually got on an earlier train

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
We wernt able to upload the declaration d'honeur onto the tunnel website, it wasn't a problem, when we checked in at Eurotunnel, they gave us a paper copy to complete (we did this whilst queuing to get through passport control) so this didn't cause any holdups/delays. We actually got on an earlier train
Thats interesting that Eurotunnel are checking if you uploaded it or not. I had in advance but french passport control only wanted to see vaccination cert not declaration.

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
We had a phone call from the API desk at Eurotunnel Folkestone on the morning we were due to travel regarding not having completed the declaration d'honeur, we explained we'd been unable to upload it & he said no problem & we could complete 1 at the tunnel

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
We have just checked in at the tunnel and were given a ticket that said wallet incomplete,so we had to go to the terminal to check we had been double vaccinated.
Everyone had to do it,and must be as it’s the first day we don’t need a Covid test before we return home .
They then issued your boarding ticket there and off you go.
Would much prefer they check everyone is double jabbed before they enter the UK,so all good (y)

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
We have just checked in at the tunnel and were given a ticket that said wallet incomplete,so we had to go to the terminal to check we had been double vaccinated.
Everyone had to do it,and must be as it’s the first day we don’t need a Covid test before we return home .
They then issued your boarding ticket there and off you go.
Would much prefer they check everyone is double jabbed before they enter the UK,so all good (y)
Did you complete the upload of french document plus copy of vaccination prior to travel ? I travellled across this morning also and dd not get re-directed to check documents.

Jul 10, 2016
hucknall
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero 712sb
Exp
10 years
we travel end of this month. Likelihood is that pcr testing on return will change before we return.
We don't want to chuck 80 notes each away.

So can we if still needed order pcr kits to our home and have codes required sent via email so we can fill in locator forms.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
So can we if still needed order pcr kits to our home and have codes required sent via email so we can fill in locator forms.
Yes, and you can order and have the 48hr PCR test kit (with reference number) delivered to your home in UK before you go away then you'll have it for you to do the test at home upon your return.

Jul 10, 2016
hucknall
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero 712sb
Exp
10 years
Yes, and you can order and have the 48hr PCR test kit (with reference number) delivered to your home in UK before you go away then you'll have it for you to do the test at home upon your return.
So we can order 2nd day test. if still needed while we are away?

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Got the two day return home test waiting at home, got all the numbers ready for return locator forms.

No need for a test in France before travelling in England from today……if I’m reading the Gov website right. 🤷‍♂️

Jul 10, 2016
hucknall
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero 712sb
Exp
10 years
So I will just order a lft while we are away. Ready for use when we get home.

Tony V

Free Member
Jun 5, 2020
Llyn Peninsula, N Wales
Funster No
MH
A/S Amethyst
Exp
newish
Yes, if scroll down you eventually come to the 'wales' link.
There is a tendancy for the uk website to go round and round, and it started asking questions like 'show us a video of yourself'. I ended up phoning them [the welsh hotline will get you through quicker if you speak welsh] and they sent me a form and then the certificate.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Yes (y) The internet doesnt care where you are.
I think I witnessed someone buying theirs this morning at Caen , a van was pulled up in a lane before the entry gate with a laptop open.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
You need to order the tests about 5 days before your return so that they are delivered in time for you to take the test 2 days after returning. Its no good waiting until the last day of your trip as the tests may not arrive at your home in time. The number that you need for the locator form gets emailed as soon as you pay for the tests.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
There is a tendancy for the uk website to go round and round, and it started asking questions like 'show us a video of yourself'. I ended up phoning them [the welsh hotline will get you through quicker if you speak welsh] and they sent me a form and then the certificate.
The certificate you get from the welsh nhs doesn't have the QR code required in France to access restaurants etc. Not sure if this would be a problem?

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
You need to order the tests about 5 days before your return so that they are delivered in time for you to take the test 2 days after returning. Its no good waiting until the last day of your trip as the tests may not arrive at your home in time. The number that you need for the locator form gets emailed as soon as you pay for the tests.
I don’t think there is any check carried out as to whether the test has been done or not. The only thing that matters is that you have paid the money.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back