AshVanBitz

Funster
Aug 7, 2018
Taunton
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1989
As a lot of you may already know eddievanbitz and Lyn have been semi retired for a while now and slowly but surely they have been stepping to one side to allow Van Bitz to run in my general care. Well today I am so proud to announce that the long awaited time has finally arrived and over the festive period they have decided to step away fully and are now going to enjoy their lives without the strain and strife of an everyday working life.

I hope you will all join me and congratulate them both on their retirement and wish them the very best with all their future endeavours. I am sure that Eddie will be popping up on the forum from time to time with his own stories and I personally will look forward to reading them (with some jealousy that I am still here slaving away).

So from this day forth I would kindly ask that anyone that has any questions whether it is concerning previous installations, new installations, or if you just need some good honest advice, please contact myself either by tagging me in a post or sending me a private message and I will reply to you as soon as I can. Alternatively if you prefer, you can call the office at your convenience on 01823 321992/353235 where either myself or one of my colleagues would be more than happy to help.

I will do my very best to help in the same way Eddie has done over the many years and I look forward to getting to know you all.

All the best

Ash

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Good luck to you, Ash, as you go forward in charge. Are you going to be able to stop Dad sticking his oar in šŸ¤£
Happy retirement Eddie and Lyn.

I have been on this forum long enough to know that EddieVanbitz will still be regularly tagged in so maybe a slight forum name change may be in order?
Maybe Jim needs to add an autocorrect function ā€œDid you mean AshVanbitz?ā€ šŸ™‚

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
Good luck Ash. Will be in touch as and when the new van makes an appearance. Hopefully you will still be in charge then :confused:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Happy retirement Eddie and Lynn.

Good luck Ash (y)

I am sure Edward will pop up on here when if England beat Wales in the 6N or if Wales suffer further 6N embarrassment :giggle:

May 17, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance SE
Exp
I am a Newbie
Happy Retirement to Eddie and Lyn. Enjoy the years to come.
Had the pleasure of meeting Ash a couple of years ago, so know the business is in safe and capable hands backed up by a fantastic team. Congratulations Ash.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I'm sure some will still call it NoBitz but best of luck Ash and a happy retirement to Eddie and Lyn .
It really is NoBitz now :rofl: . All the very best to eddievanbitz and Lynn in their retirement and keep up the excellent work that you all do down there.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Congratulations Ash, well deserved. Eddie I hope you have along and happy retirement in your new van (very nice American wheels), donā€™t let your kids dictate your holiday plans šŸ˜œ

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Thank you for your kind comments.

Ash and his team did everything even when I was there, so finally decided that I didnt need to be in the office to drink coffee, look at pictures of motorhomes and read MHF, which was what my typical day consisted of!

I can do that on the beach in Lanzarote šŸ˜Ž

Mar 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1987
Wow it makes you think! We had our first trip to Vanbiz in 2004 and seem to be going back with grim regularly!
Joking aside, well done to Eddie and Lyn for A) their fantastic work over the years to build up such a great company, and B) having the confidence and level headedness to retire.
If our visits in the last few years are anything to go by, Ash and the guys will catty on the great work and the business will go from strength to strength.

while it may be tempting Ash, donā€™t be too quick to change the locks and reprogramme the camera system to keep the old boy out - he may have a few tricks up his sleeve and may be useful in the next few years, even if it is just to chat to the old folks who come in so allowing you time to get on with the work!

Good luck to everyone

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back