Elddis Firestorm 130 owners? (4 Viewers)

kaspian

Free Member
Aug 16, 2009
bonnie Scotland
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
9 months and counting!
As a newbie to motorhomes having been caravanning for20 years I would like to ask a couple of questions if I may to anyone who has the above m/home. My wife and I were wondering what any owners out there thought of them and also what mpg can we expect from the 2.2 100hp Peugeot powered cab? Our prospective purchase is a 2008 model on the newer style cab which I believe seems to have a few problems - any owners views much appreciated . Many thanks in anticipation!:Smile:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
:welcome:Kaspian to MH Fun

Before purchasing a Sevel (Fiat, Peugeot, Citroen) based motorhome would suggest you read:-

Link Removed

At least. there is more go to search and input judder for further reading, at least you will then have an idea on what is going on.

Hope you find what you want.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

johngee

Free Member
Aug 19, 2009
Hampshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since July 2009
I have the same cab/engine/gearbox, but in the lower profile 2 berth 115. In my short ownership I'm getting about 32/33 mpg, so I expect 'yours' would be slightly lower.

As regards reverse gear juddering, it appears to be minmal, probably as I have the 2.2 & 5 speed box, plus a relatively light van. It's present, but nothing to get worked up about.

Whilst not the trendiest van, it unpretentiously does what it says on the tin, and it's easy and comfortable to drive. i was surprised how quickly I got used to it, although I wouldn't want to be without my reversing sensors!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
K

kaspian

Free Member
Aug 16, 2009
bonnie Scotland
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
9 months and counting!
thanks

Thanks for the replies guys! John , do you find you have the free engine wash system or are you the owner of later versions fitted with a Peugeot fix? ( My vehicle is a 2008 reg )Reason I ask is ,before purchase I looked under the bonnet and all 4 injectors were doing the back stroke in their own little private pool and it had not rained for 3 days ! At the time the salesman made light of it but as I have been working on cars for over 30 years I did not like the idea of water finding its way in and leaving bits of the engine under water especially as it will lie unused for relatively long periods of time compared to a car. Since then and with your prompts I have realised that it is a well known problem along with the gearbox judders. Are all of the problems ongoing or is there a known recall or fix on Peugeot based vehicles ? Problem is I have left a deposit and expect to collect in a few weeks! Again, many thanks!

Upvote 0

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
The free engine wash system should have already been fixed on an earlier recall, by previous owner, they seal the join between the scuttle and windscreen, also the join in the scuttle. I think they also provide cover for top of engine, windscreen wiper motor, and I think something else. As I have never had one of these later Sevel vans I am only going on what I have read in forum postings.

Hope this is of some help.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

johngee

Free Member
Aug 19, 2009
Hampshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since July 2009
Before delivery it appeared as if there may have been a minor issue as the injectors were a bit stained. Mine came with the 'tape across the base of the windscreen' solution and the dealer refixed that and put silicone grease around and just below the injectors, which seems to do the trick as there has been no evidence of ingress of water even after several downpours. It's rained this afternoon & it's OK - I've just had a look.

There is a tube secured with a jubilee clip from the tray below the scuttle/wipers which carries water away down the offside of the van, inside the wheelarch, and I have made sure that is clear. I don't know whether that is standard or not. There is no evidence of any water elsewhere.

At the moment I don't have a problem, so I'll leave well alone and worry about it if & when I spring a leak and if it's significant. The only water currently in the engine bay is from me opening the bonnet!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back