LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Those pops up adds on the RHS of MHF page are some times useful.

This popped up just now:

Eflizzer

The 250w Mountain is about £1000

The 20" wheel Sprint is the same price but has is 3502 although heavier at 17kgs

The folding on the Mountain is very Brompton like and it's FWD like the upcoming E-Brompton

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Interesting but IMV not great.

The Eco and Mountain are only single speed so not much use except as electric assist ones and the the Sprint has a 350w motor so you'd need insurance etc (same as a moped) to be legally allowed to ride it, but AFAIK all 3 are actually 'illegal' for use in the UK due to their having throttle only facility up to quite a high speed which I believe is no longer allowed on 'new' e-bikes.

The price is high too, roughly £1,100 for the 20" wheel ones ...better cheaper bikes out there. Also the design isn't new - I've certainly seen that type of folding on cheaper Chinese built bikes a good few years ago.

Not knocking you for posting the info but people need to do their research before buying so they don't buy something they can't use or will find limiting.

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Yes good points about the specs and thought that design was familiar...... like you say probably been around a while.

The interesting part for me was the Brompton like rear fold mechanism, I hadn't seen that before on low end (but still not cheap...) e-bikes. But as you say there should be better alternatives for the money.

Also I guess the legalities are market specific (part of the enjoyment of not being a full EU member:whistle:) we have 2 categories here: upto 25kmh and above, only the above 25kmh needs plates, insurance and road tax.

Think Mrs Ridgeway is still dreaming of a regular Bosch powered solution on a full size frame and wheel set, I've told we'll get one when I find a 13kg version at £500:sneaky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
I believe the Swiss have more relaxed laws, up to 500w motors for e bikes against our own 250w on road, 1000w bikes available to buy for off road. It's a pity because the 6 speed sprint at 13kg looks good for a number of applications. Believe Germany and Holland want to relax the laws just arguing on what kind of helmet should be specified so we may get more choice on motors in the future, however, I would like to see the focus continue on weight so that I can still lift them onto the bike rack as I get older.

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Yes 13kg is a nice max weight to have. I notice the difference between the Kudos Secret at 19kgs and my bike at 7kgs.....

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Watched a video on YouTube the other day, guy was showing his home built leccy bike doing 70mph and lifting the front off the ground, when he pulled away at a junction.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Yes 13kg is a nice max weight to have. I notice the difference between the Kudos Secret at 19kgs and my bike at 7kgs.....
Be careful with the stated weights, some sellers of e-bikes include the weight with the battery in the bike, others don't, so you have to ask the specific question. Basic info from the website:
  • Sprint 6-gear 20" wheels has a 350w 36V/8Ah weighs 17kg, and costs CHF 1'490.00 (the tech info says its a 250w motor but I assume that's wrong)

• Mountain single gear 16" wheels is 250w 36V/11Ah (10Ah on tech info), weighs 13.5kg, and costs CHF 1'490.00

• Eco single gear 16" wheels is 250w 24V/11Ah (10Ah on tech info), weighs 12.8kg and costs CHF 1'190.00

If anyone is really in the market for an e-bike at the cheaper end of the market then do a search on the forum as I put on a lot of info about what to look for in previous threads when I was looking for one (search for Evora and Pro-Rider) such as the size of the chain ring, usually stated as how many teeth it has, which can make a heck of a difference!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back