Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Confirmed Places / Deposits Received / Full Payment Received from:

1) Puddleduck (Marshal & primary suspect)
2 & 3) irnbru and rupert(Marshal)
4) DP_JAY (Marshal)

5) Millcourt - fully paid
6) Oscar - fully paid
7) Antique - fully paid
8) Mr Beaumont - fully paid
9) Hyacinth 1 - fully paid
10) VACANCY
11) JockandRita - fully paid
12) VACANCY
13) Theonlysue
14) IanF and Ashley F - fully paid
15) Neilfg - fully paid
16) triclops - fully paid
17) Liver birds - fully paid
18) DrivingMissDaisy - fully paid
19) patricia the newbie - fully paid
20) tonyandcarol - fully paid
21) DIL7983 - fully paid
22) daved2524 - fully paid
23) Pugsy
24) garjanco - fully paid
25) ShiftZZ
26) MicknMew - fully paid
27) Lucky one - fully paid
28) tjay
29) Ecojoe
30) VACANCY
31) Big Sam - fully paid
32) VACANCY
33) CWH - fully paid
34) beerdrinker1 - fully paid
35) myorie63 - fully paid

This is the list for Sat 25th May - I will update as and when.

The venue is easy to find as it is off the A7 opposite the Danderhall turn.

Where the A720 (City Bypass) and A7 (plus a couple of other roads) meet there is a huge roundabout, Sheriffhall Roundabout. You need the A7 north towards Edinburgh at this roundabout.

Once off the roundabout and on the A7 north stay in the lefthand lane. Do not go into the P&R or Shawfair. Keep on the A7 and stay in the left hand lane (unless there is a bus lane in operation of course).

Go under the railway bridge, keep going until you get to a set of traffic lights (right turn only to Danderhall but don't turn here). Immediately after the traffic lights (and I mean immediately) turn left between the lodge houses and through the pillars. The field is behind the lodge houses.

Note for myself and for transparency: 34 deposits @ £10 plus 22 balances @ £30, total received is £1000 which agrees with the paypal money received balance.

Of the people yet to pay I have already spoken with @Pugsy @ShiftZZ and @Ecojoe plus @Elleeanne has had to drop out. Only two more people to hear from.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp

4) DP_JAY (Marshal)

6) Oscar - fully paid
7) Antique - fully paid
10) VACANCY
12) VACANCY
13) Theonlysue - fully paid
15) Neilfg - fully paid
21) DIL7983 - fully paid
23) Pugsy
25) ShiftZZ
28) tjay
29) Ecojoe
30) VACANCY
31) Big Sam - fully paid
32) VACANCY
33) CWH - fully paid

This is the list for Mon 27th May - I will update as and when.

Where the A720 (City Bypass) and A7 (plus a couple of other roads) meet there is a huge roundabout, Sheriffhall Roundabout. You need the A7 north towards Edinburgh at this roundabout.

Once off the roundabout and on the A7 north stay in the lefthand lane. Do not go into the P&R or Shawfair. Keep on the A7 and stay in the left hand lane (unless there is a bus lane in operation of course).

Go under the railway bridge, keep going until you get to a set of traffic lights (right turn only to Danderhall but don't turn here). Immediately after the traffic lights (and I mean immediately) turn left between the lodge houses and through the pillars. The field is behind the lodge houses.

Note for myself and for transparency: 34 deposits @ £10 plus 23 balances @ £30, total received is £1030 which agrees with the paypal money received balance.

£970 in money pool
£60 in main paypal account (I mucked up a transfer and can't see a way to move money from the main account to the money pool) but this account is only used for rallies so no real issue.

Also for transparency the minimum fee for the rally field is £900 (for 30 units, units in excess of 30 are charged extra) and that does not include refuse collection / disposal. I have arranged refuse disposal with Virador and they will charge near enough £170 which was much cheaper than a skip and includes normal recycling and glass disposal. So we are just about on budget :) Any excess to Scottish Air Ambulance which I hope none of us will ever need but if we ever do we'll be glad of them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp

4) DP_JAY (Marshal)

6) Oscar - fully paid
7) Antique - fully paid
10)
12)
15) Neilfg - fully paid
21) DIL7983 - fully paid
23) Pugsy
25) ShiftZZ
28)
29) Ecojoe
30)
31) Big Sam - fully paid
32)
33) CWH - fully paid

This is the list for Tues 28th May - I will update as and when.

Everyone has either paid in full or been in contact :)

Note for myself and for transparency: 34 deposits @ £10 plus 23 balances @ £30, total received is £1030 which agrees with the paypal money received balance.

£970 in money pool
£60 in main paypal account (I mucked up a transfer and can't see a way to move money from the main account to the money pool) but this account is only used for rallies so no real issue.

Also for transparency the minimum fee for the rally field is £900 (for 30 units, units in excess of 30 are charged extra) and that does not include refuse collection / disposal. I have arranged refuse disposal with Virador and they will charge near enough £170 which was much cheaper than a skip and includes normal recycling and glass disposal. So we are just about on budget :) Any excess to Scottish Air Ambulance which I hope none of us will ever need but if we ever do we'll be glad of them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I am probably not going to organise a rally next year but the man who owns the field has said he will hold the cost of the rally field for another two years for advance bookings made this year. That sounds like a good deal to me so if anyone wants to step up then I will pass on the contact details.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Join the club! There doesn't seem to be enough demand up here.:(

I'm not too worried about numbers but get disheartened when over 60 people express interest and then when all is arranged and budgets sorted less than 30 people attend (or at Kelso less than 20).

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp

4) DP_JAY (Marshal)

6) Oscar - fully paid
7) Antique - fully paid
10)
12)
15) Neilfg - fully paid
21) DIL7983 - fully paid
23) Pugsy
25) ShiftZZ
28)
29) Ecojoe - fully paid
30)
31) Big Sam - fully paid
32)
33) CWH - fully paid

@Drifter pencilled in awaiting confirmation

This is the list for Sat 1st June 2019

Note for myself and for transparency: 34 deposits @ £10 plus 24 balances @ £30, total received is £1060 which agrees with the paypal money received balance.

£1000 in money pool

Last edited:

Drifter

Free Member
May 25, 2019
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Low profile c class
Exp
Hello, we are very interested in this now we have got MH coming. Once that’s all confirmed we need to find out holiday availability on Monday , just thought I’d check we can still join this one? As it’s quite local and we are totally new, this would be perfect for us
Is there anywhere to park a car so we can maybe drop MH and commute, then come at end of week to stay?

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
There is still space at Edinburgh :) It's a fixed fee rally due to the way the way the field hire is priced. £40 (in advance) for the 5 nights Thursday 20th June midday through to Tuesday 25th June or £50 if you just turn up - a bargain for camping near Edinburgh.

I'm a bit dense but am not really understanding about the car parking ....... we only have the field from the 20th to the 25th so there won't be access / parking on the rally field on any other day. If you mean you want to bring a car as well as the MH then that isn't a problem at all, we will have our car as well as the motorhome - as will several other people.

It would be great if you are able to make it as there will be a lot of knowledgeable people around and it is not a huge rally so much easier to get to know people.

Drifter

Free Member
May 25, 2019
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Low profile c class
Exp
There is still space at Edinburgh :) It's a fixed fee rally due to the way the way the field hire is priced. £40 (in advance) for the 5 nights Thursday 20th June midday through to Tuesday 25th June or £50 if you just turn up - a bargain for camping near Edinburgh.

I'm a bit dense but am not really understanding about the car parking ....... we only have the field from the 20th to the 25th so there won't be access / parking on the rally field on any other day. If you mean you want to bring a car as well as the MH then that isn't a problem at all, we will have our car as well as the motorhome - as will several other people.

It would be great if you are able to make it as there will be a lot of knowledgeable people around and it is not a huge rally so much easier to get to know people.
Excellent, and yes I meant can we bring a car too as Mrs might not get all of it off work and might need to travel back to Dundee.
If you can lightly pencil us in so we can confirm holidays and that the MH will be collected in time (surely it will haha) we would love to come and meet the gang even if it’s for a couple of nights
Edinburgh is such a special place we love visiting and our first rally there would be even more special. Thanks

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
No problem at all with the car and we are looking forward to meeting you.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp

4) DP_JAY (Marshal)

6) Oscar - fully paid
7) Antique - fully paid
10)
12)
15) Neilfg - fully paid
21) DIL7983 - fully paid
23) Pugsy
25) ShiftZZ
28)
29) Ecojoe - fully paid
30)
31) Big Sam - fully paid
32)
33) CWH - fully paid

@Drifter pencilled in awaiting confirmation

This is the list for Sat 1st June 2019

Note for myself and for transparency: 34 deposits @ £10 plus 24 balances @ £30, total received is £1060 which agrees with the paypal money received balance.

£1000 in money pool

Last edited:

Drifter

Free Member
May 25, 2019
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Low profile c class
Exp
Hello again, we would like to join you all in Edinburgh so just need to organise payment
We might not make it until Wednesday but that will still give us time to meet you all and have a chat.
Our first official funster rally, who’d have thought :)

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Haha, what a doughnut, we (I) thought it started Tuesday
, no idea how I got that but I will blame her indoors and keep it quiet :D2

Possibly because it goes on until the Tuesday :) I will message you with payment details :)

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp

4) DP_JAY (Marshal)

6) Oscar - fully paid
7) Antique - fully paid
10) @Drifter - fully paid
12)
15) Neilfg - fully paid
21) DIL7983 - fully paid
23) Pugsy
25) ShiftZZ
28)
29) Ecojoe - fully paid
30)
31) Big Sam - fully paid
32)
33) CWH - fully paid

This is the list as at Tues 4th June 2019

Note for myself and for transparency: 34 deposits @ £10 plus 24 balances @ £30, plus a payment of deposit and balance together £40 - total received is £1100 which agrees with the paypal money received balance.

£1040 in money pool

I will be paying Virador in the morning :)

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Screenshot_20190610-094757_Maps.jpg
Screenshot_20190610-094738_Maps.jpg
is is this correct? Ta

Mr Beaumont

Free Member
Feb 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi Jim it's the 20th June to Tuesday the 25th of June.
It's on Old Dalkeith Rd, Danderhall, Edinburgh

I'm sure that's correct

Last edited:
OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Jim

Thursday 20th to Tuesday 25th June 2019 with postcode EH16 4SL :)

Drifter

Free Member
May 25, 2019
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Low profile c class
Exp
Will I be able to get a sticker for the MH at this rally or will I be better sending off for one via post?

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Can I just check the post code , is it EH22 1RR or EH16 4SL?

EH16 4SL is the better postcode.

No matter which direction you are coming from at some point you need to get onto the A720 (south) Edinburgh Bypass. When you get to the Sheriffhall Roundabout where the A720 and A7 (plus a couple of other roads) meet you need to take the A7 North. Stay on the A7, do not go into the P&R or to Shawfair. Go under the railway bridge and immediately after the traffic lights (right turn only to Danderhall) turn left between the lodge houses / pillared entry. Someone will be on duty to direct you from there.

Will I be able to get a sticker for the MH at this rally or will I be better sending off for one via post?

You will be better sending for one by post as I don't have a supply.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back