Rally Edinburgh 2019 (1 Viewer)

Oct 26, 2018
Funster No
MH
LDV Convoy conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi we are still converting our van (Petunia) to a camper van unfortunately she also needs a new battery so we can't move her! But would love to pop down for an evening and meet everyone as we live about 10mins away from where you're camping, would that be ok to do, if not that's ok too, i understand and won't be offended, thanks x

Drifter

Free Member
May 25, 2019
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Low profile c class
Exp
Hi we are still converting our van (Petunia) to a camper van unfortunately she also needs a new battery so we can't move her! But would love to pop down for an evening and meet everyone as we live about 10mins away from where you're camping, would that be ok to do, if not that's ok too, i understand and won't be offended, thanks x
Sounds great, have you got a long lead you can maybe plug in and run it down to the site so we can have a hook up ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.

Please come along and make yourselves known, join in the madness :)

Also any questions you have we will be sure to give you all the answers, some may even be useful :)

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
1) Puddleduck (Marshal & primary suspect)
2 & 3) irnbru and rupert(Marshal)
4) DP_JAY (Marshal)

5) Millcourt - fully paid
6) Oscar - fully paid
7) Antique - fully paid
8) Mr Beaumont - fully paid
9) Hyacinth 1 - fully paid
10) Drifter - fully paid
11) JockandRita - fully paid
12)
13) Theonlysue - fully paid
14) IanF and Ashley F - fully paid
15) Neilfg - fully paid
16) triclops - fully paid
17) Liver birds - fully paid
18) DrivingMissDaisy - fully paid
19) patricia the newbie - fully paid
20) tonyandcarol - fully paid
21) DIL7983 - fully paid
22) daved2524 - fully paid
23) Pugsy
24) garjanco - fully paid
25) ShiftZZ
26) MicknMew - fully paid
27) Lucky one - fully paid
28)
29)
30)
31) Big Sam - fully paid
32)
33)
34) beerdrinker1 - fully paid
35) myorie63 - fully paid

This is the list as at Mon 17th June 2019

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I have not organised any activities for this meet except that on the Tuesday morning there will be a bacon butty breakfast (please let Martin or I know if you have diet requirements as we will be able to cater for most). Any extra chefs would welcome. :)

Following our contract bridge lesson at Fife several people have asked for a refresher (or for a repeat of the lesson) so that could be an activity for an hour or two. I am happy to sit and bid on sample hands with just one or two other people for practice. We will also be bringing some other games - several of which we have not yet played ourselves!!!!!

I am also happy to do a "travelling needles" session where we all bring our knitting, sewing, crochet for a stitch and natter.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Hope you are all ready :) My final list of attendees:

1) Puddleduck (Marshal & primary suspect)
2 & 3) irnbru and rupert(Marshal)
4) DP_JAY (Marshal)

5) Millcourt - fully paid
6) Oscar - fully paid
7) Antique - fully paid
8) Mr Beaumont - fully paid
9) Hyacinth 1 - fully paid
10) Drifter - fully paid
11) JockandRita - fully paid
12) Theonlysue - fully paid
13) IanF and Ashley F - fully paid
14) Neilfg - fully paid
15) triclops - fully paid
16) Liver birds - fully paid
17) DrivingMissDaisy - fully paid
18) patricia the newbie - fully paid
19) tonyandcarol - fully paid
20) DIL7983 - fully paid
21) daved2524 - fully paid
22) Pugsy
23) garjanco - fully paid
24) ShiftZZ
25) MicknMew - fully paid
26) Lucky one - fully paid
27) Big Sam - fully paid
28) beerdrinker1 - fully paid
29) myorie63 - fully paid

Moneywise I have a total of £1070 in the paypal account - £1010 in the money pool and £60 in the main account. All monies received have been either paid directly into paypal or paid to me and then transferred to paypal. Virador costs are £168 for waste management and I expect to pay £900 for rent of the field. If there are less than 30 vans I will try to blag a reduction even if it means booking for next year :)

Any surplus, no matter how small will go to the Scottish Charity Air Ambulance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Right, that is me signing off for the time being. If you are coming to Edinburgh and need to contact me please call or text my mobile. If you don't have the number a message here and someone will be able to let you know how to contact me.

Drifter

Free Member
May 25, 2019
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Low profile c class
Exp
I don’t have your number but hopefully won’t need it and see you all soon ?

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
My friend has just told me It's gay pride this weekend in Edinburgh. The place will be buzzing with a great atmosphere. Planet Bar has the drag act Dave Allen on Sunday night but I dare say most of the pubs will have something on over the weekend.

Drifter

Free Member
May 25, 2019
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Low profile c class
Exp
My friend has just told me It's gay pride this weekend in Edinburgh. The place will be buzzing with a great atmosphere. Planet Bar has the drag act Dave Allen on Sunday night but I dare say most of the pubs will have something on over the weekend.
That will be a giggle, might even take the camera to capture some of their mad antics. They tend to be colourful and fun from what I’ve seen. Never been to one before

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Yaaaay, the suns out and shining brightly here in Edinburgh.(y)

Traffic is a nightmare as usual in the morning.

See everyone after 12.

Mr Beaumont

Free Member
Feb 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We probably won't be there till about 7 tonight as working until 4. Hope that's okay ???

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Hi Helen and Sandra hope you guys have a great time it’s a very good venue. Had my second cataract operation on Saturday gone otherwise we would be there, no driving till next week :0(

Drifter

Free Member
May 25, 2019
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Low profile c class
Exp
Well that was fun. We really enjoyed meeting the funsters on our first rally and would like to say thanks to all for your help, advice and a friendly welcome
Big thanks to Helen, Martin and all the little helpers who put a lot of effort into making it a great meet, just a shame we had to leave early for work tomorrow
Looking forward to the next one already...... cheers all ??

Mr Beaumont

Free Member
Feb 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Had a great weekend and would like to say a big thank you to Helen and Martin Puddleduck and the marshals. Was nice speaking and meeting new people. Sorry never got a chance to meet everyone as we were so busy in Edinburgh over the days we were there. Look forward to seeing you all again and safe travels :D:D

Zilevets

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 A Class P/Line
Exp
Just to say a big thank you to Helen and Martin for the great rally they organised we really enjoyed ourselves and all the new people we met what a lovely event it turned out to be from the group outing to the Chinese banquet and Sunday lunch Funster style with plenty of banter exchanged.

A special thanks goes to Saint Sandra irnbru for her healing hands (shove) who managed to do the one thing no physio could and realign my back!!

What a pleasure to now be able to walk around without the incredible pain I’ve had for 9 years! Some of us are in Jedburgh overnight and I was able to join in on a walk around the shops.

Liz and Steve

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
A big :dogthanks: to Martin and Helen and Marshall's for a great rally at Edinburgh. Had a really good time meeting up with old friends.
Cheers :drinks: and thanks again for all the hard work that you's put into making it another fantastic rally.
MewnMick

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Like Sandra, I arrived home to dry roads no rain !!!!!, but it came later !!!!, now it seems to have settled down and quite a nice evening BUT the midges are out,

Thanks to Martin and Helen for all the efforts put in to make this meet so good, and it was, I enjoyed every minute of it, having a good craich with old friends, saying hello to new ones, having a few pints in good company in the Old Colliery pub and I hope to see you all pretty soon . . . somewhere !!!!!, thanks too to the Marshalls Sandra and Alan, Dave and Jay . .

I have to place my words of admiration for Helen's welcome/Information pack, the best I have come across by far, so full of very good advice and guidence, she should pursue a new career writing travel guide programmes, Thanks Helen,

A special welcome to very new Funsters Bruce and Elaine from Dundee, attending their very first MotorhomeFun meet and only their second outing in their new MH , Hope to see you again and that you enjoyed yourselves with us.

Ken.

:drink: :drink::drink::drink:

Drifter

Free Member
May 25, 2019
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Low profile c class
Exp
Video unavailable when I click on it

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Video unavailable when I click on it
I was told of a similar problem the other day, and funnily enough the Millport one still doesn't work for me yet works for others. I did ask Jim to look at it which he did and it plays fine for him(Millport) so I'm at a loss . I could suggest trying to clear your cookies but that doesn't work for me.

Best idea is to right click the share at the top right of video and copy then paste the URL into a fresh page, that works for sure.

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
Thanks again Sandra for another super video creating lasting wonderful memories
Ian

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Puddleduck Helen and Martin thanks for arranging the rally, we both enjoyed it. Met some more people at a good location.

Best Chinese buffet for a long time, a decent Sunday lunch and our first Pride parade.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back