E + P jacks for wheel changing (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Have you checked the hydraulic oil level it could be low thus not allowing full extension of jacks?

interesting, but not the cause of my problem, when extended, although I haven't measured them, the visible ram is as near as makes no difference the same length as the 'sleeve'

:)(y)

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
Quote from E&P user manual:
!! Warning: Never lift all wheels fully from the floor. If the wheels no longer have contact with the surface, there will be a risk of injuries or serious accidents.

??

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
If I remember correctly you are like me and not wafer thin so may need a bit more than one spare wheel for clearance.:D
Hi.
I had often wondered about who posed for the "Michelin Man" models,your secret is OUT:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Tea Bag

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Interesting and probably true if nothing fails.
My work involves extensive hydraulic systems and testing and would never rely on anything hydraulic I have ever seen to trust enough to be underneath it without a solid prop.
I would be keen to see Goldsmitts reply to a direct question 'Could there be any risk if I was underneath the vehicle if a hose failed?'
Seriously, unless the jacks are screw driven rather than hydraulic, I cannot see how it could be locked solid.
Only way would be if it had a similar system to the garage vehicle lifts with a mechanical lock that requires the platform to lift to unlock safety before it can lower.

On their product video they specify mention the scenario of a split hose.

Maybe it's why Goldschmidt appears on only the finest Motorhomes?
Only way to be sure is raise it & chop a hose.

Hi.
Been watching this thread and while reading,thought about the "Scissor? lifts" in garages. Would i be right in thinking they have a locking pin to put in when raised ?. This is not to extend the post/cause another discussion,just to see if remember rightly seeing an operator putting one in.
Tea Bag
PS Aka,Nosey git,love having a look see under whatever i am hurling down the road in!:ROFLMAO:

Most have mechanical locking systems that require hydraulic pressure to release before they are able to go down.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
On their product video they specify mention the scenario of a split hose.

Maybe it's why Goldschmidt appears on only the finest Motorhomes?

Maybe there aren't enough survivors to make them popular;)

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
when ours does come down it goes really low at the rear especially due to no air till it reinflates
Sorry to resurrect an old thread.

@DavidG58 if your system is like mine, an Alko factory fitted air suspension, it has a service switch that turns off all the sensors. Turn this off before lifting the vehicle on the E&P jacks and you won't lose any air while it's up, so there won't be any crashing down empty, which I suspect is not good for the bellows. The manual is not at all clear on this, especially as the switch is closed when 'off' and showing the red warning marker. I believe it switches a 9v feed from the control box to earth.

I found my switch on part of the loom buried behind the fuse box. I've now brought it out into the open and mounted it alongside the 'rise and lower' rocker switch for easy access, and I use it every time I use the jacks.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Sorry to resurrect an old thread.

@DavidG58 if your system is like mine, an Alko factory fitted air suspension, it has a service switch that turns off all the sensors. Turn this off before lifting the vehicle on the E&P jacks and you won't lose any air while it's up, so there won't be any crashing down empty, which I suspect is not good for the bellows. The manual is not at all clear on this, especially as the switch is closed when 'off' and showing the red warning marker. I believe it switches a 9v feed from the control box to earth.

I found my switch on part of the loom buried behind the fuse box. I've now brought it out into the open and mounted it alongside the 'rise and lower' rocker switch for easy access, and I use it every time I use the jacks.

Nothing wrong with old threads, at least this was dated this year, :):)I randomly got a like to a post of mine from 2014 last week, some threads do keep coming back round

My system is different (I think) we have E + P and I think V something air suspension, when we deploy legs the air is dropped, not really sure why, but when legs retract air then cuts back in to self level again

Should anybody reply please keep it simple I don't do technical (y)(y)(y)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Nothing wrong with old threads, at least this was dated this year, :):)I randomly got a like to a post of mine from 2014 last week, some threads do keep coming back round

My system is different (I think) we have E + P and I think V something air suspension, when we deploy legs the air is dropped, not really sure why, but when legs retract air then cuts back in to self level again

Should anybody reply please keep it simple I don't do technical (y)(y)(y)
Put it like this David, if the back is high and you dont let air out of the suspension the front will have to come even higher to get level and you join the "my wheels are in the air club" it might also be better for the VB air bags to have lower pressure when there is no weight on them but not sure.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back