DVLA non published number? (1 Viewer)

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Getting seriously frustrated now, Mrs Littlewheels sent her application for C1 renewal four weeks after me and she received it back today, over 70 so medical attached etc.
l have tried phoning and cannot get passed the busy message, no good emailing have to wait tens days minimum for a response.
A long shot but is there such a thing as a contact number that’s not published generally.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
I phoned the usual number after 6 pm and got a response after a few mins wait in a queue. Didn't help me much but did confirm that the licence was being processed .

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
I eventually got my license processed by phoning and speaking to two real people………despite everyone’s fears there are some real live people inside DVLA. :giggle:
I just phoned the usual number but kept trying. Each time I got the recorded message and the line hung up.
Eventually, after many, many tries the line rang and after another long wait it was answered.
The chap said the application was with the medical department and they would deal with it in due course. End of conversation, except I insisted that I needed the license quickly as I had a driving holiday booked to France in a weeks time.
At this he reluctantly transferred me to the medical dept. where I spoke, after a ten minute hold, to a very helpful chap who again put me on hold while he investigated.
The end of this long story was that the licence was processed that day and received by me three days later.

The moral of this long story is that you should hit the phone and keep trying. Just be prepared for it to take several hours at least.
Good luck. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 15, 2009
Pontefract Yorkshire.
Funster No
I have just booked a medical with Just health to get back my class one licence £50-00. my old one expired 2018. The Just health help desk told me if my medical is ok I can drive while waiting for my new licence to arrive. Take a copy of the doctors report and copies of the D2 and D4 forms to carry with me. DVLA section 88 if I remember correctly.
This only applies to driving in the UK. I dont know if this applies to C1.

Sarah

Free Member
Mar 19, 2019
Chichester, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline B690
Exp
7 years
I deal with the DVLA quite a lot with hire customers and we use these two numbers: 0906 139 3837 customers & 0300 790 6801for us. I have called the second number for plenty of reasons and always got through easily enough. Don't know if these are what you already have but might be worth a try.

OP
OP
Littlewheels
Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I have just booked a medical with Just health to get back my class one licence £50-00. my old one expired 2018. The Just health help desk told me if my medical is ok I can drive while waiting for my new licence to arrive. Take a copy of the doctors report and copies of the D2 and D4 forms to carry with me. DVLA section 88 if I remember correctly.

Thanks but it for use outside of the U.K.

OP
OP
Littlewheels
Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I deal with the DVLA quite a lot with hire customers and we use these two numbers: 0906 139 3837 customers & 0300 790 6801for us. I have called the second number for plenty of reasons and always got through easily enough. Don't know if these are what you already have but might be worth a try.
Thank you, I have tried the 6801 Number. About 20 times today with no joy and will continue tomorrow but the 3837 is one to have a go at.

OP
OP
Littlewheels
Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Guess what!! After phoning yesterday Full Licence issued until 7/10/2024 took exactly 15,weeks - keep pressing them as mentioned above
I bet it’s a huge relief and now you can relax. I have phoned 50 times today starting at 8.00 am got the we are so busy message every time.

OP
OP
Littlewheels
Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
When I applied for my C1 renewal I enclosed a begging letter plus a copy of my tunnel booking, my licence was returned complete with upgrade within two weeks
I tried that the last time unfortunately for me it made no difference l even had the medical with my own doctor £165.00 and he included my complete medical history stapled to the application and again no difference It took an age.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
my old one expired 2018. The Just health help desk told me if my medical is ok I can drive while waiting for my new licence to arrive.
You had better check that. This is gov.uk leaflet and it says that you can only use section 88 if (amongst other things) you are only driving vehicles that you were entitled on the current licence. Not sure if your old license expired or just the class you want.

Nov 14, 2020
S.Yorks
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SP
Exp
20 yr

this is a VERY useful website for unlisted numbers of many different organisations !

Jun 15, 2009
Pontefract Yorkshire.
Funster No
You had better check that. This is gov.uk leaflet and it says that you can only use section 88 if (amongst other things) you are only driving vehicles that you were entitled on the current licence. Not sure if your old license expired or just the class you want.
Thats the link I posted in post 7. I didnt renew my HGV driving licence when it expired in 2018 so they sent me just a car licence. DVLA told me if ever I wanted it back again it would be easy to reinstate. I applied Tuesday this week for a driver card and would you believe it came in this mornings post. This shows how quickly they can deal with things when they really want to. This quick turn around I would imagine is down to the driver shortage. I go tomorrow for my medical and as far as I know if all is ok I can drive. I have had class one entitlement on my licence for donkeys years so I think I am ok to drive but you might be right when you say maybe I cant.

Jun 15, 2009
Pontefract Yorkshire.
Funster No

I went for my medical yesterday and failed, my blood pressure was 211 over 106 Wow. The Doctor told me if I he had seen me at his surgery he would have called an ambulance. I have checked it this morning (with the same machine as the Doctor used) it was 129 over 69. They were mobile and worked from the roads on an industrial estate near me, it was like something out of Candid Camera but thats another story. John.

Deleted User
thank you!
ive been trying to contact them without any luck.
its been 10 weeks and i still dont have my log book for the MH! Ive up-plated it and cant register it with them until they send me the already out of date log book. VOSA can do one if they pull me because DVLA are useless!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back