DVLA more crap today (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 13, 2023
All over Europe now
Funster No
MH
Adria 680ST Gold
As you know I am having problems with DVLA over my missing C1 for MOHO ,,, the issue is now with Ombudsman .

today in the post i get from DVLA a form D2 wtf ,,,,why I already have a C1 for 49 years and actually passed a commercial C1 in 1987 , im only 66 yesterday ,,, what is going on are they totally clueless ..

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Are they confusing a normal, grandfathers rights C1 with your commercial test? Ie think you still need it for work.

Upvote 0
Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
Best not send your old one in untill you get the new one with all existing categories on it.
You can always say you need it for driving abroad. (y)
Tried to renew online and it wouldn't work so did a paper application and didn't send my licence as I needed it for overseas. However all the paperwork bounced back with loads of red ink circles stating the renewal couldn't proceed without the old licence being submitted. Re sent the from back stating I had lost it and paid the ÂŁ17 fee and the new one came through surprise surprise!!đź’°

Upvote 0

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Tried to renew online and it wouldn't work so did a paper application and didn't send my licence as I needed it for overseas. However all the paperwork bounced back with loads of red ink circles stating the renewal couldn't proceed without the old licence being submitted. Re sent the from back stating I had lost it and paid the ÂŁ17 fee and the new one came through surprise surprise!!đź’°
That does surprise me, as each year I send a covering note with my D1/D2 HGV & PSV renewal application forms, explaining that I need to retain my current licence during the application process, as it is required as ID for employer's clients, or driving abroad, pending which applies at the time. I have not yet had that request revoked. ;)

Good luck getting yours sorted out. đź‘Ť

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Upvote 0

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
That does surprise me, as each year I send a covering note with my D1/D2 HGV & PSV renewal application forms, explaining that I need to retain my current licence during the application process, as it is required as ID for employer's clients, or driving abroad, pending which applies at the time. I have not yet had that request revoked. ;)

Good luck getting yours sorted out. đź‘Ť

Cheers,

Jock. :)
I'm with you Jock never send mine back until new one is issued.
But do take copies and download lucience status just before I post it.

Upvote 0

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
just posted on another thread got my news re licence today initially YAAAY C! on it but only for a year ? so totally baffled as in my view referred to medial team for no reason /mistake ..... Waiting for actual licence in my hands before I start to ask why/complain again ...

Upvote 0
OP
OP
jerryz
Jul 13, 2023
All over Europe now
Funster No
MH
Adria 680ST Gold
Are they confusing a normal, grandfathers rights C1 with your commercial test? Ie think you still need it for work.
Im retired dont need commercial but yes I think they are confused but i have told them many times the C1 is only for motorhome ,,,,,,but they dont seem to understand anything you tell them, and they lose information , thats why its with the ombudsman

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Im retired dont need commercial but yes I think they are confused but i have told them many times the C1 is only for motorhome ,,,,,,but they dont seem to understand anything you tell them, and they lose information , thats why its with the ombudsman
what a nightmare, why we chose to change motorhome and give up our C1 licence.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back