Duckboard for Shower (1 Viewer)

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Does anyone have a duckboard in their shower (the walk through shower with the bench seat at the back)
I have seen them in models similar to our i684 but Camper UK say they are not an optional extra on my van. I have seen probably 5 or 6 with them in so believe they are a Burstner part as they fit snugly into the shower tray and are rounded at both ends.

p-c

Free Member
Sep 13, 2013
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40 years
Hi
I can't directly answer your question, but.
Ours is the "wet room" type of shower toilet and I wanted something to spread the load on the floor just inside the door. Found a wooden pot stand for the kitchen, in, I think, The Range. It has worked a treat. Almost certainly too small for what you want but would several together work?
Regards
p-c

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Having cracked the shower tray in our first van, i used a thick cork bath mat cut to size to spread weight in subsequent vans, obviously not when actually using the shower

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 28, 2013
Carterton, Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
We have found the plastic deck tiles very good, trimmable with a craft knife. They have small feet cm2 evenly spaced, which allows air flow to dry any damp and spreads any weight. They are available in a selection of colours, however be aware that they can feel uncomfortable on bare feet when not showering.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We have duckboards in our Hymer B544 but Hymer do not recommend leaving them in when showering :rolleyes:

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
We have duckboards in our Hymer B544 but Hymer do not recommend leaving them in when showering :rolleyes:

Me too, but I didn’t know they recommend taking them out...? Rather defeats the object then doesn’t it, I obviously leave them in and found them perfect for my situation...

If they’ve ever looked a bit grubby I presure wash them...(y)

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
On our hobby the shower is a sliding wall
and the floor space is the same for the toilet area and the shower.
in order to avoid walking on the floor with shoes on I cut down one of the Jig Saw type rubber floor mats wood grain effect, to fit. Then cut another to the same size and glued them together. Very soft on bare feet and its waterproof
lifts out very easily for showering.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
What do you want duck boards for?
Some have to be removed, to allow the shower doors to close and their sole purpose is to ‘tart-up’ the shower area. Getting them wet is not intended. I’d be careful not to put extreme pressure onto a particular part of the shower tray, so would look to use a flat board (cork would be good) rather than anything raised. I’m not sure that holes or a slatted appearance would be necessary – it all depends on what you are trying to achieve.

OP
OP
Mr Colpot
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
We would like the duckboard to protect the showertray as we have to walk through it to use the Toilet. The shower doors are above the floor (they are more screens than doors) so will not catch on the board. We had one in a previous van (Bessacar) which stayed in the shower all the time and worked well. We have seen them in the same model van we have so know what we want - just need to find it.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
We have one in our Rapido, we leave it in place when using the shower, just lift it out now and then for cleaning.
IMG_20180821_085311.jpg

Cheers
Ed

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
We had the Aviano i684 it was the 2008 model and it was supplied with a wooden Duck board from new, we used to take it out when showering and replace it with a heavy weight plastic shower mat.
Maybe they are no longer available from Burstner.

OP
OP
Mr Colpot
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
We had the Aviano i684 it was the 2008 model and it was supplied with a wooden Duck board from new, we used to take it out when showering and replace it with a heavy weight plastic shower mat.
Maybe they are no longer available from Burstner.
Thanks - Camper UK say it was not an option on my i684 but said if I found one with one they would check it out. Don't suppose you would PM me your chassis number if you still have the Van? I will understand if you don't want to though.

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Thanks - Camper UK say it was not an option on my i684 but said if I found one with one they would check it out. Don't suppose you would PM me your chassis number if you still have the Van? I will understand if you don't want to though.

Sorry we changed the van two years ago and put the duckboard back in it.
There are a lot of 684 models for sale around the dealers have you tried phoning some of the other Burstner dealers although we have used Camper Uk for our Burstner and found them excellent they did a lot of warranty work for us although we did not buy the van from them

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I'd make sure that the weight is spread evenly, rather than concentrated in any way. Something (soft and) flexible would be better than anything stiff.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
We have a 2011 Burstner Aviano i645 which has a wet room with bench toilet at the back. I can confirm that we have a wooden duckboard which we tend to take out when showering. We can then put the duckboard back and walk on a dry surface after showering.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Just had my showertray speedcoated.

I arrived with a wooden duckboard in the shower. The technician who was to do the work said a big no no. He's seen a lot of damage to shower trays with the point pressure they apply to the plastic tray.

Different if the tray was designed to have one, just don't retro fit.

Threw mine away after that.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Just had my showertray speedcoated.

I arrived with a wooden duckboard in the shower. The technician who was to do the work said a big no no. He's seen a lot of damage to shower trays with the point pressure they apply to the plastic tray.

Different if the tray was designed to have one, just don't retro fit.

Threw mine away after that.
Do you know how many ducks it took to make that duckboard? .......and you threw it away :(

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
We used to have a Burstner Nexxo, which had a duck board in the shower, but it was very heavy, and we took it out.
Our Hymer also has one, but it's much lighter than the Burstner version.

Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
When we had our last van (an Adria) it had a wet room, we used to dry the shower floor, and then protected the surface with a piece of soft back cushionfloor to protect the surface

MohoMonkey

Free Member
Mar 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Sunlight V60
We have found the plastic deck tiles very good, trimmable with a craft knife. They have small feet cm2 evenly spaced, which allows air flow to dry any damp and spreads any weight. They are available in a selection of colours, however be aware that they can feel uncomfortable on bare feet when not showering.
what plastic deck tiles did you get?

Jul 11, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro T486
Exp
Since August 2020
Does anyone know of a firm that makes bespoke duck boards? Mrs KRO has mobility problems and the positioning of the loo (even though it swivels a bit) above the shower tray) makes it difficult to manouvre and turn round. The tray is only 3 cm deep at the door but 10cm deep at the back by the loo and also an offset shape.....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back