Ducato Spare Wheel Rear Axle Overload (1 Viewer)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thank you Peter. Do you mean you took an underslung type carrier and bolted it vertically?
Not sure, but think it was for one that was horizontally mounted behind the cab of a Ducato flat bed. It was a very simple bent bar with a bolt each end which I mounted vertically.

The people still sell them on ebay here. It fitted my 16" alloy wheels, but I needed to buy a longer bolt because my rims and tyres were too fat. You need one with a fine thread, again bought it from ebay.

Edit: they were removed from new unregistered Citroen Relay chassis cabs they say in their ad. So that is effectively the same as the Ducato and made in the same factory I think. Still the same price of £14 that I paid and that includes delivery.

Last edited:

derosa

Free Member
Oct 25, 2019
Funster No
MH
McLouis Fusion 373
Exp
I'm a newbie
Not sure, but think it was for one that was horizontally mounted behind the cab of a Ducato flat bed. It was a very simple bent bar with a bolt each end which I mounted vertically.

The people still sell them on ebay here. It fitted my 16" alloy wheels, but I needed to buy a longer bolt because my rims and tyres were too fat. You need one with a fine thread, again bought it from ebay.

Edit: they were removed from new unregistered Citroen Relay chassis cabs they say in their ad. So that is effectively the same as the Ducato and made in the same factory I think. Still the same price of £14 that I paid and that includes delivery.
Tried to find it without success. Could you give a link or the exact words you used on search? Sorry to be a pain but your solution does sound perfect!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

derosa

Free Member
Oct 25, 2019
Funster No
MH
McLouis Fusion 373
Exp
I'm a newbie

Sincere apologies. Found your link! Very embarrassed!

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Use two bars to lift the wheel onto the studs it's easier.Thats what I used when changing truck wheels.BUSBY.
I have a plank as a lever that works for the van. Or more often simply lower the van until it lines up.

OP
OP
DerryW
Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
I know this is an old thread but would be fascinated to hear how you have mounted your wheel internally against the rear wall. I want to do that as I have a large garage but have drawn a blank with my dealer.
derosa. the spare wheel was already fitted in the garage when we purchased the vehicle. (see attached image). There is a metal plate with a stud welded to the plate, this is bolted to the rear wall. the stud protrudes through the wheel. The weight of the spare wheel is taken by the shelf that it sits on. A simple wing nut holds the wheel in place. I added the bike carrier.

Attachments

• IMG_9778.JPG
    IMG_9778.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 44
Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
Use two bars to lift the wheel onto the studs it's easier.Thats what I used when changing truck wheels.BUSBY.
Take the rim off the tyre and throw it away to save weight, then just fit the new tyre while it's still attached to the van ;) ;) :D

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
maybe just a tyre and put it on roof somewhere near the front
That would get a load of UV and full of water plus needing a ladder to get it down unless you are like me and climb through t over bed vent .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back