Dual Axle Weighbridge- West Yorkshire (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Mar 24, 2019
Leeds
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
5 years
Does anyone know whether the weigh bridges at Ainley Top and Boston Spa can weigh individual axles and whether they let you weigh a motorhome? Or anywhere else nearby that can weigh individual axles? I know of a couple of places that let you weigh but not individual axles and I’ve been told weighing total van then deducting back axle weight leaves quite a big margin for error- I really need accurate front and back weights.

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
Most weighbridges are classed as public and charge for each weigh operation. Johnson Wellfield Quarries near Huddersfield or there is weights and measure building on left on road to Morley A650 at J27 M62. The 2 you quoted are dot and not for public use.
Jim

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Visit your local quarry they will weigh axles and total weight for £5-10 and issue a ticket.

Deleted User
There is a free dynamic axle weighbridge at the Trading Standards offices at Morley on Wakefield Road just off Jnctn 27 of the M62, labelled Business Hive on google maps.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
If its going to be a regular occurrence have you thought of buying your own weighbridge

I ve been a bit lazy with the link and you can get them for less than £150 and i think buying either off amazon or direct from the company but cant remember. You can them weigh them anytime and manouvre stuff in the van to make it safer or legal.

It will measure 6 wheels, just one at a time, and if you care to work out the instructions it will add them up for you, i prefer to write them down and add up.

The downside is they weigh 2kgs if you take them with you !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 23, 2017
Shipley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis T - 588
Exp
Since 2004
There is a free dynamic axle weighbridge at the Trading Standards offices at Morley on Wakefield Road just off Jnctn 27 of the M62, labelled Business Hive on google maps.

I have used this many times. Available 24/7 - I just go round in a circle 3 or 4 times to get an average. Need to drive very slowly and consistently over the pad. Probably more designed for HGVs but I would say it's probably accurate to within 50kgs for us "small" vehicles.

OP
OP
Dwarfland
Mar 24, 2019
Leeds
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
5 years
Thanks all- I went to the one at Morley. It’s a free self operated scale which weighs both axles separately and gives total gross weight. It’s open 24 hours and free too. This is the full address- West Yorkshire Calibration Services, Nepshaw Lane South, Morley, LS27 7JQ

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Nice one - many do not bother to give us feedback.

I'm a bit puzzles why total and one axle is so inaccurate.

You could do front -- both -- back and see how the number stack up.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back