Drive-away Awning Recommendation please. (1 Viewer)

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi All,
We are looking for drive-away awning recommendations, it will be for our new Peugeot Boxer (AutoSleeper).
Inflatable preferably, not too big just enough for the dogs and us 2 to sit in and connects to the wind-out canopy.
All recommendations greatly appreciated and a photos you have would be a real bonus.

Many Thanks and Kind Regards

Trikeman. ;)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We have a Kampa midi pod for our PVC, it gives you the size it fits on the bag but can't remember off the top of my head but I think it would fit a coachbuilt no problem.

What we like about it is the tunnel between the van and the awning as you can leave shoes and coats here to dry without compromising the space within the awning, we actually keep our two bikes in here at nights. Now I have it off to a T I can erect it in 10mins and pegging it down takes another 10 mins, if Lorraine helps me it takes an hour :)

See link below and also check YouTube, we didn't pay anywhere near this price I think we were around £360 can check if your interested

https://www.campingworld.co.uk/en/gb/Kampa-Travel-Pod-Midi-AIR-Drive-Away-Awning-2016/m-16663.aspx

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Vango do a good range.

Wev bought one earlier this year and it have been erected all summer. It has faded in colour but seems to be still up to the rough weather.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
We have the Vango Hex, Blow up, really roomy inside, and take minutes to put up
shopping

Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
@Trikeman we bought a Vango inflatable driveaway for our van, it's a Cruz tall model, unfortunately we don't have an awning rail to attach it to, and the throwover strap method of fixing is not suitable for our type of roof.

Looking to sell it as it is just taking up space, pm me if you think it might be of interest

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
@Trikeman we bought a Vango inflatable driveaway for our van, it's a Cruz tall model, unfortunately we don't have an awning rail to attach it to, and the throwover strap method of fixing is not suitable for our type of roof.

Looking to sell it as it is just taking up space, pm me if you think it might be of interest

Hi Sue,
Many thanks for your offer but we have bought a Cacos Uno awning.
Kind Regards

Trikeman. ;)

soreeyes

Free Member
Feb 21, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T69L 2017
Exp
im a newbie
I use a Outdoor Revolution air drive away Movelite T2 .

Paul1958

Free Member
Feb 25, 2018
Tavira, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Carthago
I was about to buy one last summer and suddenly realised that there was only one opening window in it, so that in a hot country it would be like a greenhouse inside. I ended up buying one that has everything opening. A Kampa motion air, I think.

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
This is the one we bought in the end, Cacos UNO and goes up quickly and meets all of our needs. Have used it a few times now and ‘coupling/decoupling’ very easy.
Thanks for all the suggestions.

upload_2018-11-24_9-23-13.jpeg

Trikeman.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Vango do a good range.

Wev bought one earlier this year and it have been erected all summer. It has faded in colour but seems to be still up to the rough weather.

Edit...It's fallen to pieces. Material has started to split when I took it down. Having a discussion with Vango but not getting too far at this time. They say it has had extensive use! - yes, it has but they don't say we can't

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Edit...It's fallen to pieces. Material has started to split when I took it down. Having a discussion with Vango but not getting too far at this time. They say it has had extensive use! - yes, it has but they don't say we can't

Update from the dealer. Vango are replacing the awning after all.

Well done Golden Castle (Clive) in Gloucester for working on behalf of their customers.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back