Dover road park ride

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Looking to arrive this Sunday, does anyone know if you have to be there before a certain time, or can motorhomes roll up 24 hours?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
since 2006
Did used to be 8pm but now as it Anpr you can get 24 hr access. if the parking area is full go through barrier and plenty of room in overflow park on right. No ticket machines now so card payment on exit . .

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Did used to be 8pm but now as it Anpr you can get 24 hr access. if the parking area is full go through barrier and plenty of room in overflow park on right. No ticket machines now so card payment on exit . .

So what does one have to show on the bus, if asked?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
You get a ticket as the barrier goes up on entry. Just show the ticket to the bus driver.

We stopped there last week, loads of space and 24 hours plus water and waste emptying. Was excellent!

So much so I might do it again on way home.

ctc

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
When we get one as good as this north of Watford Gap I would believe levelling up has started.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore
Exp
We stayed a couple of weeks ago. You pay for each day or part there of that you are there. For example arrive Saturday, leave Monday, you will be charged three days.

It’s all done on ANPR, you get a ticket at the barrier when you go in that gives you unlimited use of the park and ride bus into town, walk is only about 25 minutes though.

The designated motorhome area is slightly sloping, so if you are as OCD about such things you’ll need ramps.

The only negative I have about the place is that you need to lift a heavy grate to empty your cassette - it goes down the same drain as the grey water.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
When we get one as good as this north of Watford Gap I would believe levelling up has started.

Well when you get a Parking Manager as good as Colin at Canterbury City then you may get some. he really does take interest in providing for MHs - I have had personal experience of meeting him and discussing our needs.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
No ticket machines now so card payment on exit . .
or cash
You have to press button when entering if you want a ticket for the bus.
Pretty sure you pay on your reg and the barrier is camera operated these days
yes
The only negative I have about the place is that you need to lift a heavy grate to empty your cassette - it goes down the same drain as the grey water.
except it is vice versa. A black waste that you can empty grey down. ;)Look on the bright side you don't have a black waste outlet 6" behind the rear wheel meaning grate has to be lifted first then reversing so it is over the hole without wheel falling in:unsure:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Because of this thread I had reason to check the new arrangements on the City website for the New Dover Road P+R and noted what I thought were two errors.

Just under the address it says '£4' '2Hours.' Further down it makes it clear the £4 covers any period from midnight to midnight.

The other point was that it says there is a height barrier of 2.4m.

I thought this could be off-putting to newcomers, so I e-mailed Colin the Parking Manager and as always got a speedy response.

He confirmed that the £4 is midnight to midnight and that there is no height barrier, either for the dedicated MH area(never was), just to the left after the entrance barrier, nor to the overflow area further on the right(removed some time ago)

He is going to get website looked at and amended if necessary.

He also told me that he gets enquiries from councils all around the country, so maybe there is some interest in following in Canterbury's footsteps.

Although he knows I have no needs to come to UK now, I confirmed that I still take a great interest in their P+R and told him that there are a lot of supporters on forums who applaud it.

[I happened to be there when Colin organised the installation of the new big rubbish bin and was the first to dump a bag in it]

OP
OP
olley
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Thanks guys it's the overflow area for us as we are in the RV. Now at courthouse farm twigworth till Sunday then down to Dover road before going to Folkstone on Monday for kitty's ahc.
I did think of Folkstone harbour carpark instead of DR but thought it would likely be rammed on Easter Sunday.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back