Sep

Rally Dorset Seaside Meet, Highlands End Campsite September 2024 (2 Viewers)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
A heads up for a Meet for early September next year - Highlands End campsite in Eype, Dorset https://wdlh.co.uk/holiday-parks/highlands-end/ have kindly agreed to offer 10% Fun discount again with the option to extend in addition to the Meet dates, arriving earlier & leaving later also with the discount applying to those extra nights. The core Meet is arrival on Monday 2 September 2024 for 4 nights departing Friday - this allows for those arriving from the Bournemouth Air Show the weekend before &/or following on at Warner's Shepton Mallet Show (6-8 September 2024) or staying on at Highlands for the Bridport Hat Festival 👒🎩 on Saturday 7 September the following weekend. It should be early enough too for those who might like to meet up before heading across to the continent & maybe on the way to ferry ports for some.
It's a lovely, well appointed campsite in a smashing location between two beaches so do hope that some new to this Meet are tempted :hi::hi: as well as the friendly Funsters who regularly join us :hi5:

8/12/23 UPDATE - Booking Open Now!
The new whizzy website https://wdlh.co.uk/holiday-parks/highlands-end/ is now up & running - after picking arrival date the number of nights box is above that which can easily be missed :blusher: like we did at first! At checkout enter discount code RA in the Unique Code box & click on UPDATE for the 10% discount to be applied to the Meet dates or call Highlands End Booking Office on 01308 426947 if any problems or queries. This time the main Meet will be arriving Monday 2 September & departing Friday 6 September 2024 as these are the quieter & slightly cheaper nights but you may like to extend your stay from 4 nights to a longer stay & the discount should also apply to those nights (y)
In addition to the choices of EHU pitches, there are also a limited number of cheaper grass pitches without EHU in the Little Shepherd's area which are near to the facilities but only for tents & VWs.
Price for a grass pitch with EHU for the 4 weekday nights is from £115.80 after discount or from £144.60 for a gravel or hard base pitch. This rate is for up to 2 people, 1 unit, 1 car & awning or well pegged Quest shelter. Dogs come along at extra cost but most love the enclosed dog exercise field & doggy shower, Eype beach allows dogs as does part of West Bay beach at that time of year with both a walk away along the South West Coast Path.
Will add more detail when possible & regularly update this first post - booking is open now so please let us know you are joining us, giving your first names & maybe what type of pitch if you want fellow Funsters to say hello :hi: :hi:

1691331066507.png

Booked:
Wombles - Karen & Alan - gravel pitch until Monday 9th so can do the Hat Festival! 🎩👒
MikenPauline - Mike & Pauline
Bevlar - Steve & Diane - grass pitch until Thursday 5th
Grocklets - Martin & Jilly - gravel pitch until Monday 9th
Springy - Neil & Kath - gravel pitch until Monday 9th
Nanniemate - Lois until Saturday 7th
MajesticBee - Pam & Danny until Friday 6th
FRANKIE58 - Ian & Carolyn - arriving Thursday 5th
Littlewheels - hardstanding pitch
lindyloot - Lin - hardstanding pitch until Friday 6th
bigalw35 - Al & Marg - gravel pitch until Sunday 8th
LaikaLikers - Tony & Debbie - hardstanding pitch until Saturday 7th
GrahamnSue - Sue & Graham - hardstanding pitch until Friday 6th
CherylnMick - Cheryl & Mick - hardstanding pitch until Sunday 8th
Clive - Clive - gravel pitch until Thursday 5th
Tony Park - Tony - gravel pitch until Friday 6th

Interested:
Dorwyn
shunter
tboy
DuxDeluxe
Follyfolly
Jules120
Gin Bopper
MaidinDevon
s20hymer
Tartarus
Sprocket779
diddydave
Gaston aires
Globetrotter18
janpaul
JAwithBoots
Dinosaur
Paul Leon
sally47
Southpark
Chocy boy
welshcake lady
mountbatten
EMS
davidhat33
Dorset Diver
Les
Peregrinator
Alfieplustwo
Cliffyboy
Traytone

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
That’s a pity, we’ll be on our way to Romania and Bulgaria. Thanks for getting the discount though. We will no doubt be off to Highlands End some other time as we have to have our fix despite regular day trips to West Bay throughout the year!

Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
Thanks for the heads up Wombles, I won't be able to make these dates as I'll be in Stratford-upon-Avon. Hope you all have a great time and better weather than this year! 🤞🤞

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Interested, thanks
Howard

Apr 20, 2022
Funster No
MH
Globecar
A heads up for a Meet for early September next year - Highlands End campsite in Eype, Dorset have kindly agreed to offer 10% Fun discount again with the option to extend in addition to the Meet dates, arriving earlier & leaving later also with the discount applying to those extra nights but waiting on 2024 pricing (not available until the Autumn) to confirm dates for definite. Currently pencilled in for the core Meet is arrival on Monday 2 September (tbc) for 4 nights departing Friday - this allows for those arriving from the Bournemouth Air Show the weekend before &/or following on at Warner's Shepton Mallet Show (6-8 September 2024) or staying on at Highlands for the Bridport Hat Festival (tbc) 👒🎩 which may also be on the following weekend. It should be early enough too for those who might like to meet up before heading across to the continent & maybe on the way to ferry ports for some.
It's a lovely, well appointed campsite in a smashing location between two beaches so do hope that some new to this Meet are tempted :hi::hi: as well as the friendly Funsters who regularly join us :hi5:
If you would like to be alerted when the dates are confirmed then please post here to be added to the "Interested" list :)

View attachment 791678

Interested:
Wombles
peterc10
The Coops
Dorwyn
bigalw35
David and Sally
shunter
MikenPauline
EuroTrotters
Howard B
Riverbankannie
GrahamnSue
poki
MajesticBee
tboy
DuxDeluxe
I am interested.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018

Having done two rallies with you there it’s a shame to see this sort of thing. Regular occurrence there unfortunately.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now

Having done two rallies with you there it’s a shame to see this sort of thing. Regular occurrence there unfortunately.

That one was not that near to Highlands End (it's the further end of West Bay which is notoriously unstable) but the whole Jurassic Coast does have to be treated with care so for us only the more inland footpaths & never sit or walk next to such high cliffs - this is no hardship & lots of natural beauty in the area even if some is best viewed from a distance.
Same cliffs viewed earlier this year from the pier in West Bay:

IMG_20230711_155804371_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
as most of you that know me I'm not keen on the sun. So when we used to go to Ladram Bay (Jurassic Coast) and visit their beach I used to sit in a "SORT" of cave on the beach, to stay out of the sun, NO MORE, the last time we were there in 2021, it had collapsed:swear2::imoutahere:
P1370405.JPG
P1370406.JPG

Ejaydee

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2018
Penzance in (usually) sunny Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T 590
Exp
Since retiring
Unfortunately it is the wrong time of the year for us Karen. I generally travel cross-country to Suffolk for the Great Henham Steam Fair following the Shepton Mallet show which means Bracken and I are away for about three weeks. , Adding some additional days to the front end of that would mean I would be away for a month and I think Clare may be a bit miffed if I was away that length of time - however, on the other hand she may welcome some extra peace and quiet!! :rolleyes:.

We will probably arrange to go to Highlands End during June or July as usual, I just hope the weather is a bit kinder next year!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back