Don't know anything about this convertible motorhome, but ouch (1 Viewer)

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Oops 3.jpg

Oops 1.jpg

Oops 2.jpg

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Looks like it was on the recovery truck, silly driver forgot he had something bigger than a car on the back. A Challenger so probably in France.

busbuddy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630G
Exp
since 1994
That's how you destroy your motorhome properly šŸ˜±

There dont seem to be any personal items strewn around so they either just bought it or it was the delivery driver......whoever it was they were not slowing down for the bridge

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Poland ??

Obviously report is in Polish and Opole is mentioned, so that would be the railway line that runs through Katowice where we live. There are a lot of low bridges under it including two in Katowice centre.

I cannot give you more details as my Polish Translator is visiting her Sister in Turkey.

Geoff

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
What is it with some drivers , do they never read road signs or are that fixated on their Sat Nav's they fail to notice something as important as a low bridge
Zero sympathy for the idiot

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
Looks like it was just here: https://www.google.com/maps/@50.661...4!1snFaNOR0D6BqLHAHyrv3Oxg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Courtesy of Google Translate:

The driver ignored the signs and destroyed a new camper under a low overpass​

On Monday, July 26, around 2:20 p.m. on Krapkowicka Street in Opole, there was a road accident involving a camper.
The man driving the camper ignored the signs and drove under the viaduct, destroying his vehicle completely.
The vehicle was torn into two parts - the bodywork was left under the viaduct and the vehicle drove on.
At this point, the viaduct is only 2.2 meters high. There are warning beams in front of it. Nevertheless, the driver decided to drive under the viaduct.
The driver was fined. Nobody was injured in the incident.
The motorhome was new - the cost of such a vehicle is up to PLN 400,000.

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
I spent a whole weekend going to the tip in my car approx 8 visits left at end of our road under low bridge.
Come monday morning in my high top van on auto pilote went same way. Anchored up so hard got cramp in my calf stopped 2ā€ from the bridge . Easily done. Then got palpitations think what if i was in my moho šŸ˜³

Pusscat

Free Member
Jun 16, 2019
Devon UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 320
Exp
Since 2015
In France trying to get out of an industrial centre onto a main road, we followed the road and around the bend were the dreaded height warning bars. I immediately slowed and stoppedā€¦the only warning height sign was beside the barriers and we were too high.

Of course it was a single track road, of course there were cars racing up behind us and of course, they were all very ā€˜Frenchā€™ about it. Loads of blasts of horns, much waving of arms and gesticulating and much presumably obscene language directed as us as they mounted the pavement and drove by.

I meekly smiled back and just had to wait until there were no more cars and reverse a couple of hundred metres or so to a turning point.

There was no sign beforehand, I checked as I couldnā€™t believe my stupidity in missing one. First thing weā€™d have noticed would have been a thud of the aerial being pulled off my the barsā€¦I donā€™t think I would have got to the very low bridge!
Still makes me shudder!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Looks like it was on the recovery truck, silly driver forgot he had something bigger than a car on the back. A Challenger so probably in France.
Better put your glasses on Lenny! :nerd::giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back