Dometic Warranty......did anyone know this? (1 Viewer)

Brightspark

Free Member
Dec 27, 2010
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
June 2010
Had a new Dometic 8505 fridge/freezer fitted in June 2015 after the Thetford one gave up. The door light has just given up, so knowing that Dometic products have a 3 year warranty my Local Dometic engineer has just made a warranty claim for a new light unit only to be told by Dometic that it's only 2 years on after market purchases. It's 3 years on new motorhomes/caravans.

Has anyone else experienced this anomaly?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It does differ for other stuff too - when our Truma combi heater/boiler stopped working in it's second year whilst on holiday in Germany the Truma engineer who fixed it told us that those sold in Germany only had a 1 year warranty and he was pleasantly surprised that he didn't have to charge us as ours had a 2 year warranty so we were covered.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Some of the electrical and petrol powered stuff in Lidl has a 3 year warranty in the UK but only 1 or 2 years elsewhere in the EU. We recently had to claim for a petrol strimmer and had to provide the paperwork that said it was a 3 year warranty (which we had). No problems getting a replacement unit and they paid for all carriage.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 17, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
40 years caravanning. New A-class Moho owners
A couple of years ago my ML developed a wheel sensor fault whilst in France. I had to put up with it until we got back to Blighty as the car was over two years old and in France this is out of warranty. Three years in the U.K.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
A couple of years ago my ML developed a wheel sensor fault whilst in France. I had to put up with it until we got back to Blighty as the car was over two years old and in France this is out of warranty. Three years in the U.K.
That's weird, our Truma boiler was covered for 2 years in the UK but those supplied in Germany were only 1 year, yet we were able to get it fixed in Germany when it was over a year old ... surely that should have been the same with the issue you had?

Oct 17, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
40 years caravanning. New A-class Moho owners
That's weird, our Truma boiler was covered for 2 years in the UK but those supplied in Germany were only 1 year, yet we were able to get it fixed in Germany when it was over a year old ... surely that should have been the same with the issue you had?
To be honest Minxy I did not book it in as we were only in Brittany and near the end of our holiday. I assumed they would not honour the three years and sorry now I did not at least ask though I did know that European warranty in this case was only two years. Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back