Dometic airconditioners servicing (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Hi, I know it’s been a couple of years since this thread was active but I was hoping to get some advice…

I’ve got a Dometic B1600 Plus that as far as I can tell is barely cooling (I’m unsure how effective they are supposed to be but had I had the unit fitted myself I’d be requesting a refund, it’s that disappointing).

The compressor cycles on and off and everything seems functional other than the one thing that matters! It has probably been like this for years - the van is new to me but the aircon is a 2011 model I believe.

Does this sound like another case of the refrigerant needing adding? Is there anything I can do to make sure that is the issue? I see EuroTrotters sorted someone out a couple of years ago - are you still around and doing this kind of thing? If not, can anyone recommend anyone?

I’m near Cambridge but obviously happy to travel to get it sorted.
Hi

I am still around, thankfully.

Recovering at the moment, albeit slowly.

I do have a few people waiting at the moment, trying to fit them in.

Is it cycling ? could be the compressor cutting out on the klixon, over heating.

What motorhomes it ?,

paddytb

Free Member
May 18, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Hi, thanks for responding and best wishes for your recovery.

It definitely sounds like the compressor comes on and stays on for a while before switching off again. I’m not sure if that’s expected behaviour or not.

It’s actually a Hymer caravan not a motor home - I hope I’m not breaking any rules by joining!

Sounds like you might be a little too busy? Can you suggest the kind of engineer I should be trying to find to have a look at it?

paddytb

Free Member
May 18, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hymer
EuroTrotters I take it you won’t be able to fit anyone else in in the next month?

Crazylegs do you have details of the Dometic service centre that resuscitated your air con? Trying to find someone that will look at it but not having much luck at the moment.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
EuroTrotters I take it you won’t be able to fit anyone else in in the next month?

Crazylegs do you have details of the Dometic service centre that resuscitated your air con? Trying to find someone that will look at it but not having much luck at the moment.
Does the roof fan come on? It should be blowing warm out of the roof if it's working.
Could be a few things.. By what you've said though, most likely a fan not working and eventually a pressure switch shuts the compressor off, if it's low refrigerant it would start then switch off pretty soon (unless slightly short🤔)

I'm in Chesterfield but only home weekends at the moment.. Also I haven't got ant 407c anyway, it's an old gas nowadays 😔

I'm happy to give advice if you've got some tools ☺️👍
Step 1 Check the fans

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
paddytb

Also used these in the past, they are well connected with Dometic as they put on displays at shows etc on the manufacturer’s behalf. They repaired a fridge that others told me was unrepairable.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp

I haven’t time at the moment.

I’m also a little bit peed off, because the last one I did for a funster still hasn’t paid me. No longer answers my messages. So I am £225 down .
Does the roof fan come on? It should be blowing warm out of the roof if it's working.
Could be a few things.. By what you've said though, most likely a fan not working and eventually a pressure switch shuts the compressor off, if it's low refrigerant it would start then switch off pretty soon (unless slightly short🤔)

I'm in Chesterfield but only home weekends at the moment.. Also I haven't got ant 407c anyway, it's an old gas nowadays 😔

I'm happy to give advice if you've got some tools ☺️👍
Step 1 Check the fans
I have plenty of 407c

But not plenty of time

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I’m also a little bit peed off, because the last one I did for a funster still hasn’t paid me. No longer answers my messages. So I am £225 down .
That's very disappointing, I'm not surprised you're peed off.
I hope the funsters gets infested with shield bugs for not paying up

paddytb

Free Member
May 18, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hymer
I haven’t time at the moment.

I have plenty of 407c

But not plenty of time
That’s very poor form 🙁 I’d happily pay you in advance if you thought you had chance of fixing it!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back