Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I can do nothing at home (and frequently do). I prefer to get out and about if we go away, but hey, each to their own - enjoy your book :)

OP
OP
Paul and Kate

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
I can do nothing at home (and frequently do). I prefer to get out and about if we go away, but hey, each to their own - enjoy your book :)
Totally the opposite
If I'm at home I'll easily get jobs found for me or end up visiting people which I really don't enjoy 5 mins idle chit chat that's fine but when your expected to stay for an hour I start losing the will to live
Wow I'm turning into a right grumpy git and I'm only 37
:angel:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Gone to a small site a couple of miles from home to do nothing
Just to relax maybe try and finish my book so I can start a new one on our 10 day break in a couple of weeks time
Anyone else go away and do absolutely nothing

That was me last weekend! We went to a lovely little site about 25 minutes drive away. Arrived Friday evening about 8.30 pm. Set up, eat and went to bed. On Saturday we breakfasted at the lovely farm tea shop/restaurant on site. The wife then had to go back to Leicester in her car for various reasons on Saturday. It poured with rain, so the dog and I snuggled up on the bed and I read : got through nearly 200 pages. Wife returned and we had dinner at the tea shop. Sunday, we had breakfast in the MH followed by coffee at the tea shop. My old school friend and his wife then joined us for Sunday roast at . . . . . the tea shop (how did you guess?) A two mile drive to a local reservoir for a stroll and some photography and birdwatching. Said our goodbyes and went our separate ways. It was the most relaxing break I've had in years. Really enjoyed just chilling out!

IMG_0867.JPG

Deleted User
I adore having lots of things to do... but not having to do any of them if I don't feel like it.

JJ :cool:

Pottering...........the art of making a half hour job last all day.............or perhaps 2:)

I am a master at it:D

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
What site were you on, @Stretto Boy?

Sweethedges, between Allentown and Stockerston, so not far from Uppingham. If you look at the "What are you up to this weekend" thread, you will see my posts of 17th, 21st and 22nd July. The first has the website URL, the second some photographs of the site and the third a photograph of my tasty full English breakfast. We think it's great for a relaxing couple of days. Keep it as our little secret though. I don't want other Funsters booking it and then finding I can't get on!

IMG_0868.JPG

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Been doing a lot of nothing all morning, off out for lunch in an hour (y) then back to doing nothing.
I love the weekends :D
20170729_122006.jpg

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
We're planning a local tour, perhaps Sandringham, Thetford Forest, The Burnhams and back to Aylsham, not necessarily in that order.

Aug 23, 2009
Burnham on Sea-late of Mortagne sur Gironde
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Stargazer
Exp
Since 1995
Since retiring I have acquired a masters degree in procrastination and rarely do today jobs that can be put off until tomorrow or the day after. I spend quite a lot of time meandering through France, sitting doing something energetic - like reading - with a glass of red close at hand or taking a short walk to a local bar with the dog for a drink and/or a meal. Not everyone's choice but it suits me fine.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Totally the opposite
If I'm at home I'll easily get jobs found for me or end up visiting people which I really don't enjoy 5 mins idle chit chat that's fine but when your expected to stay for an hour I start losing the will to live
Wow I'm turning into a right grumpy git and I'm only 37
:angel:

I can still remember the times in my mid forties when I had such a stressful job and I was in hyper mode all day - everyday.
I would be exactly the same - just let me do nothing - until I'm fed up!
On holiday although I wasn't doing anything but relax, I would be absolutely knackered and dozing for days until I had come down from the stress.
Its called recharging your batteries and unless you do it --- you will die young.

I survived -not all my mates did:Eeek:

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Sweethedges, between Allentown and Stockerston, so not far from Uppingham. Keep it as our little secret though. I don't want other Funsters booking it and then finding I can't get on!
Thanks for that. I guessed from what you said previously that it must be in or close to Rutland. It's about a 2 hour drive from us.

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
S
Thanks for that. I guessed from what you said previously that it must be in or close to Rutland. It's about a 2 hour drive from us.

By the way, I have just noticed that the b#%{]€y spillchucker has changed Allexton to Allentown! Allexton it is.

Aug 23, 2009
Burnham on Sea-late of Mortagne sur Gironde
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Stargazer
Exp
Since 1995
image.jpeg
Since retiring I have acquired a masters degree in procrastination and rarely do today jobs that can be put off until tomorrow or the day after. I spend quite a lot of time meandering through France, sitting doing something energetic - like reading - with a glass of red close at hand or taking a short walk to a local bar with the dog for a drink and/or a meal. Not everyone's choice but it suits me fine.

For example after breakfast and reading the paper with another cup of coffee the domestic goddess in me should have leapt into action to grab the Hoover (other makes are available) and remove yellow Labrador moulting from an inappropriately coloured rug. However it being 1100 the cricket was starting. Guess what won!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back