Nov 8, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
6 years
MAXIMUS RULES (he thinks)

Our Westie, Max, goes everywhere with us and always on a lead. We pickup his poo. A minority of dog owners do not Why?? We stopped for a week on a small private site near York and saw a German Shepherd dog running loose on numerous occasions WHY?? The manager had a word with the owners and reminded them of the rules of the site 'All dogs to be on leads'. As with the riots, it's the Owners/parents that are at fault, not the dog.:Doh:

Ian:Sad:

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
I have two dogs and agree that they should be kept under control on a leash, never left alone in a van and and any mess cleaned up properly and disposed of in the correct manner.. accidents do happen on the way to to the dog walk .. but no excuse for not cleaning up ..

Sadly there are too many who flout these very basic rules .. and not just on sites.. I have yet to meet a dog owner who would admit to not cleaning up it's mess... but our streets and parks do not bear this out .. In saying that, it's not half as bad as it is in France or Spain ..

I don't mind paying a SMALL site fee if the owner has provided or has access to a dog walk and has provided poo bins.. but some sites just use it as an excuse to hike the fees up just as they do by charging extra for a pull out awning, pup tent, car etc

A dog is an amazing friend, will always be there to greet you, never questions, is great fun and also an excellent alarm ... Also a great talking point, dog lovers invariable stop and talk when you have your dog out..

I wouldn't be without ours.. but appreciate that not everyone likes them or wants them on sites.. but there are dog free sites just as there are adult only sites.. should keep most campers happy, most of the time..

I leave mine on their own for a few hours if I go out but as we live in the van all year round they're used to it. If I didn't then I'd never see or do anything as I can't always park the van where I want or need to go. Never had any complaints about them making a noise.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I leave mine on their own for a few hours if I go out but as we live in the van all year round they're used to it. If I didn't then I'd never see or do anything as I can't always park the van where I want or need to go. Never had any complaints about them making a noise.

I fully appreciate what you say .. being on your own it must be difficult to do shopping and things at times.. so you have no option.. however, some owners leave their dogs for hours and are totally oblivious to the noise the make ..

Owning a dog is not all positive.. .. something that you don't appreciate until you actually own one as many places have now banned them.

Beaches, parks, shopping centres, many pubs, hotels, cafe's etc etc .. in fact it would be easier to list the places you CAN take a dog .. and if you smoke AND own a dog... boy, life can be difficult .. but I wouldn't give up mine.. a dogs company is well worth any sacrifice .. and it doesn't give a stuff if you smoke or not .. :roflmto:

(tin hat on, the anti smoke, you shouldn't smoke in the company of a dog brigade are now sharpening pencils.. ) :winky:

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
Unfortunately, more easily said than done. An increasing number of dog owners allow their pets to foul all areas of campsites because they cant be bothered to walk their dog to the appropriate places. There is no excuse. Own a dog - then take the full responsibility.

Also, dog owners should not assume that we all love their pets. We dont. All we ask is that you keep your dog away from our pitch. Some of us just dont like dogs.

Some of us don't like kids so should they be banned as well? what about drunks, they can be a real pain, should drinking be banned?

I could go on but the point is we as dog owners are responsible for our dogs, if we don't then we should be asked to leave, but banning all dogs is plain stupid.:Angry:

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
I fully appreciate what you say .. being on your own it must be difficult to do shopping and things at times.. so you have no option.. however, some owners leave their dogs for hours and are totally oblivious to the noise the make ..

Owning a dog is not all positive.. .. something that you don't appreciate until you actually own one as many places have now banned them.

Beaches, parks, shopping centres, many pubs, hotels, cafe's etc etc .. in fact it would be easier to list the places you CAN take a dog .. and if you smoke AND own a dog... boy, life can be difficult .. but I wouldn't give up mine.. a dogs company is well worth any sacrifice .. and it doesn't give a stuff if you smoke or not .. :roflmto:

(tin hat on, the anti smoke, you shouldn't smoke in the company of a dog brigade are now sharpening pencils.. ) :winky:

I've taken them out with me and tied them up outside shops before but not keen on doing that as I don't trust people to not try and swipe them, especially Izzy who is way too friendly. This week they've been lucky as I've taken the van into St Ives where my friend has a shop, but when it got too hot and busy I took them back to the van for a few hours. And in Marazion today I wanted to visit St Michael's Mount but no dogs allowed in the castle and sadly my imaginary friend does a crap job of looking after them for me while I nip in places :Eeek:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
if I run up to you with my tougue and dick out and see how you feel about it would often be my response.

Is it now "Haganap the leg humper"?

Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
Some of us don't like kids so should they be banned as well? what about drunks, they can be a real pain, should drinking be banned?

I could go on but the point is we as dog owners are responsible for our dogs, if we don't then we should be asked to leave, but banning all dogs is plain stupid.:Angry:

Didn't say they should be banned. Just control your pet & keep it away from me. I dont like dogs and want nothing to do with them. And when they cr*p outside my van it irritates me somewhat.

The trouble with dog owners is that they cant understand why we dont like them. Unfortunately, there are lots of us about & we resent the irresponsible behaviour of some owners.

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Didn't say they should be banned. Just control your pet & keep it away from me. I dont like dogs and want nothing to do with them. And when they cr*p outside my van it irritates me somewhat.

The trouble with dog owners is that they cant understand why we dont like them. Unfortunately, there are lots of us about & we resent the irresponsible behaviour of some owners.

Are you easily identifiable then just so I know to never come within 6ft of you with my 2 :whatthe:

Douzeper

Funster
Nov 23, 2010
Antrim, Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
The trouble with dog owners is that they cant understand why we dont like them.

You have a point, "it's ok it won't hurt you" "it's ok it doesn't bite"

.....as your child runs screaming in the opposite direction of the big scary dog. Fortunately there is not very many dog owners that let this happen, but it does happen.

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV

I agree with the above.

I grew up with dogs, my dad always had a dog, I had a dog when i got married, and when he was put to sleep i vowed never again, because of the heartache it caused to me and my young family. I haven't had a dog for 30years now, and don't want one.

I do not like yappy dogs, i do not like bouncy dogs, in fact i do not like dogs.
I am an animal lover, but, dogs just are not for me anymore.

I came out of my house the other day to find dog muck on the pavement next to my driveway. This irresponsible act really pi$$es me off! :Angry:

I have dog owners next door, both sides, and dog owners at the rear. Once one starts to bark, they all join in, not for long, but just enough to irritate me to the point where i could go out with a shotgun and blow there heads off!:swear:

Dogs annoy me now, and their owners, who think that i love their dog as much as they do and let the flea bitten thing jump up and down my clothes with $hitty paws!

And owners, that have their dogs on a 30 metre retractable trip wire and always have it at full length, annoy me even more! They can walk one side of the road ,and the mutt can walk on the other so they can trip me up wherever i pass between them! Also the owner can watch from a great distance, his dog having a $hit, where they will not have to clear it up! Sort of remote control.

AND, what's the attraction of these mini shire horses? These things that look like a heart muscle on legs! It always seems that little men that have these things! Adorned with leather straps and tiny horse brasses! These damned things don't even look like dogs!

And, I cannot see why some owners want to show photo after photo of their own $hit machine on the forums album section either?

I am not interested in seeing some greying old thing with brown around its chops lying in a Motorhome (the dog not the owner)!

And seeing dogs forever pi$$ing on one thing or another, my wheel trims for one, is another one of my hates And as for coming back from a nice walk with a tesco bag full of $hit is not my idea of fun.

I do not like dogs anymore!:getmecoat:

Craig

p.s. i will wait for the flack now.

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011

Don't get me wrong I find irresponsible dog owners just as annoying and probably have to deal with it more than you, it is my job (according to some dog owners) to collect their bags of S**T from trees and out of the nettles where they have thrown it. It is my job according to those who hate dogs to enforce the law about clearing up dog mess (even when they don't know what the law says). I should provide bins for dog owners to deposit their crap in and empty them "that's what the law says".

So yes I don't like those irresponsible dog owners either, nor do I like the parents who allow their kids to run around shouting and screaming when I am trying to get some peace and quiet, or whose football keeps bouncing off my van, or who chuck their empty ice cream wrapper on the floor. Or the drunks who find it fun to piss up my wheel or throw up outside my van, sing all the way home or shout across the street to each other instead of walking next to each other.

In fact there are a lot of things I don't like (must be age related because I'm sure I recognise my younger self in there somewhere) but I tolerate them because if I DIDN'T I WOULD NOT BE SUCH A NICE PERSON.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
we have 2 staffy's,but since my son moved back in with us,we no longer take them with us in the motorhome,even though they are well trained,they just love people,and if someone comes to our motorhome,they will greet them like long lost buddys,and not all people like this,so we leave them at home.
i respect the fact that some people do not like dogs,as im not keen on cats.
i also think that if they stopped dog's on campsites there would be very few campsites left,bit like the pubs and the smoking ban:Sad:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I/we do not have much problem with the dog :thumb:He is fairly well trained and goes everywhere with us in the van-We leave him in there if we want to go shopping or for a meal without problem.He simply accepts he is left in the van just the same as he gets left at home :thumb:The van is our home while we are out in it :thumb: and as such the dog understands where the boundaries are :thumb:IE no getting on seats/beds etc,he simply lays on his bed in between the front seats and waits for our return :thumb: if the sun is too hot through the screen he moves to the cool floor in the back :thumb:
Now little kiddie-winkles :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:::bigsmile::Doh::winky:
terry

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
My avitar says it all

Those that know me.. and that is a fair number and for that fact know Ezzie I said yes (one of the 10 so far) ..it goes without saying (well I hope it does) that we keep Ezzie under control.

Ezzie is a very big part of my life and is in fact hogging the sette as I write this post. Ezzie loves people as again a lot will know.. a 74 kgs dog can in effect do as it wishes.. she can pull a 1000 kg if she decides so it is important that Ezzie is under control and answers to commands. Yes she will get excited when she see's old friends and some new one's but she is under control.

Ezzie often will wonder over to a friends RV (when it is very quite or when we are first on site).. in fact at Stratford someone said why is Ezzie on a lead? .. others had arrived and I was mindful of that. Most know she is a gentle giant.. but not everyone loves dogs, again that II am aware of.

We are lucky most of our friends are happy to have Ezzie in there motorhomes (RV's) or even homes.. But you have to think about it.. clean up after them, feed them, do not let them get over hot (left in motorhomes) think about others that may not like dogs.

But yes Ezzie is friendly as a lot of you know.

Bob:thumb:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
I do not mind anyone having a dog Bob, they are not my cup of tea though.
My dad, a few years ago had a German Shepherd, and boy did it look after him. It knew me but still frightened the $hit out of me when i went round. It would jump on me, similar to having a ruck sack on the front, with his paws wrapped around me, and show his teeth like a partly opened piano lid. To which my dad would always laugh and say, "he's only being friendly"................ Friendly??? I would hate to see in a bad mood!

Dogs? no thanks.

Craig

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
As far as I am concerned dogs are like humans... if a dog meets and greets me with friendship, happiness and respect then I get on him/her well and enjoy his/her company (example Rosie or Jessie or Rocky) (Can't spell the names of your two Kath)

On the other side if a dog (on neutral territory) greets me with aggressive growls and angst then it can go to hell...

...as we all know the dog will often reflect the personality of the owner... :thumb:

JJ :Cool:

PS. Slightly large rats don't count Martin...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I do not slobber JJ..well not often

As far as I am concerned dogs are like humans... if a dog meets and greets me with friendship, happiness and respect then I get on him/her well and enjoy his/her company (example Rosie or Jessie or Rocky) (Can't spell the names of your two Kath)

On the other side if a dog (on neutral territory) greets me with aggressive growls and angst then it can go to hell...

...as we all know the dog will often reflect the personality of the owner... :thumb:

JJ :Cool:

PS. Slightly large rats don't count Martin...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yes I am big, I tthink I am cuddly, but I do not slobber JJ .. well not often.

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back