DOG LICENCE? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
As every man and his “cat” has a dog or two. Is it not time the Goverment started to licence dogs again as they used to be. If I remember it used to 7shilling and 6pence. If the Goverment were to licence all dogs at say at least £10 each think,how much that would bring in to the Goverments coffers.

Now watch the hair fly!!!

Colyboy

Nicepix

Free Member
Mar 20, 2018
Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star 695
As every man and his “cat” has a dog or two. Is it not time the Goverment started to licence dogs again as they used to be. If I remember it used to 7shilling and 6pence. If the Goverment were to licence all dogs at say at least £10 each think,how much that would bring in to the Goverments coffers.

Colyboy

What is your reasoning? Lots of people have cats, hamsters, bicycles, hats,...............

If you are just looking for ways to increase the Government's tax revenues then don't worry - they can do that perfectly well on their own. Or are you just looking to pick a fight?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I disagree with the principle as £10 would go in admin and some more, so £50 or don't bother, then only the good owners will pay

but as it is a weekend and I am drinking, I also award you the least appropriate motorhome chat thread for today

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I disagree with the principle as £10 would go in admin and some more, so £50 or don't bother, then only the good owners will pay

but as it is a weekend and I am drinking, I also award you the least appropriate motorhome chat thread for today

I think dog licences should be based on the size of the dog you own
Andy:LOL:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Dog licence at 7/6 wasn't looked at for decades then it was unsustainable, costing more to print and administer the licence than to buy it so it was scrapped.
Legal CB radio licence at £15... very few bothered buying one after years of owning illegal sets and knowing the chance of prosecution was as likely as a decent copy on a bad sunspot period.
Cost more to administer than it was worth so scrapped.
Radio licence... Most folks had a TV or simply didn't bother so integrated and separate licence scrapped.

To make a dog licence worthwhile the cost would have to be prohibitive so folks would take their chance and not buy one...
The worst that would happen is a fine which with court time and prosecution costs would cost more than the actual fine.
Licence scrapped due to excessive cost of policing it.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Some people should never be allowed to have pets or children, how you achieve that I don't know.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988

Colyboy
Is the post, phishing, trolling or dogging?:whistle:

Norfolk Red

Free Member
Nov 18, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftan
Exp
2 Years
Sounds like you are trying to start a shitstorm to me. You should pick your subjects a bit more careful, lots of dogs owners on
No not trying to pick a fight. Just wondering how many will reply. Just a bit of fun.

Colyboy

You sir are a WUM.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
You need a licence for many things these days. To use rat poison you need to do a course and pass a test on it’s responsible use. this costs around £80. This is a good idea. I’d like to see dog owners take a course on looking after a dog and being a responsible owner before they can own a dog. £80 a course sounds about right. But I’d like to see the price double for owners of small yappy dogs :D

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
To use rat poison you need to do a course and pass a test on it’s responsible use.
Or you could just call at Wilco's and buy as much as you want.... And you could test its quality on small yappy dogs.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
What is your reasoning? Lots of people have cats, hamsters, bicycles, hats,...............

If you are just looking for ways to increase the Government's tax revenues then don't worry - they can do that perfectly well on their own. Or are you just looking to pick a fight?
Id go for the pick a fight option

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Or you could just call at Wilco's and buy as much as you want.... And you could test its quality on small yappy dogs.

Not the strong stuff you can’t, If you want to kill the vermin rather than feed them,don’t buy it from wilcos

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
@Jim my little dogs have no limit to what I would pay for them as long has they can bet the shit out of those big dogs yorkies 1 ali's 0 get them when they are small because they won't have a hope in hell when they grow up ray xx dilly dilly :boxing::boxing:

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
:boxing:@pappajohn looks like you do not have a little yappy dog I would go and lock yourself away in your m/h switch off your lap top and pray the small dog funster gang dont find you ray xx dilly dilly off to the pit of misery I think rat poison :boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing:pappajohn jim stops it in the first round

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
as a lifelong dog lover, owner and as a kennel club registered rescue coordinator, I agree and have campaigned for new dog licences to be brought in. With dogs now needing to be microchipped it should be a criminal offence to not keep the registered details up to date.

More than that, we need ALL dog breeders to have a licence, so every dog is traceable. Accidents happen so there should be a way of registering for just one litter which must, like commercial breeders, be fully insured

there are very few BAD dogs, but plenty of BAD owners

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back