Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I think its a smell thing!!

My dog will not go when on the lead unless he is desperate but will run off and find somewhere (usually in a hedge line or in bushes to do it) but he will circle looking for the right place to deposit his stuff. I suspect the fact that dogs must be kept on a lead at all times is the culprit here as the dog will eventually have to go and if it is tied to the owner then its bound to be in an area that is used by people walking. Also my dog is a creature of habit (I assume others are too!) and will use the same places repeatedly, so once he has marked an area then thats where it goes!!

I appreciate that non dog owners don't like dogs shi**ing anywhere near them and I fully accept that. Personally though, I would always try to find somewhere to stay that allows dogs to be ran off the lead (in some area not accessed by non doggy people) as my mutt would go stir crazy if not allowed to run off and smell stuff and pee on every available tree etc etc

Then again, my dog is a rather large working Lab and needs to be exercised. Where as my parents dog is more the size of a rat and doesn't need to go anywhere tbh!!
It's fair enough when people find an appropriate area. The problem comes when the wants of the dog owner conflict with their responsibilities and they refuse to compromise the former.

Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
It's fair enough when people find an appropriate area. The problem comes when the wants of the dog owner conflict with their responsibilities and they refuse to compromise the former.

I agree wholeheartedly. I love my dog and my kids, however, I would hate to inflict them on people who don't like kids or dogs. I get how it annoys people who don't have dogs, If its anything like my hatred for people who have never served in the military wearing DPM...........

Reactions: GJH

Jabberwocky

Free Member
Aug 14, 2015
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
MWB coach build
Exp
I'm a newbie
I agree wholeheartedly. I love my dog and my kids, however, I would hate to inflict them on people who don't like kids or dogs. I get how it annoys people who don't have dogs, If its anything like my hatred for people who have never served in the military wearing DPM...........

Do you really hate people wearing DPM? Not really something I've thought about, I've always thought it looks a hit naff but can't say it bothers me. But then I have my fair share of pet hates.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
It's not a 'dog' thing, it's a 'people' thing.
People are either considerate of others, or they are not.
It's no different from playing your music too loud or dumping your grey waste all over the road.
No use trying to reason with them because they can't see any wrong in their actions.
Simply get on with life and try not to get too upset about it - they're not worth the hassle

This is all well and good and I have some sympathy with this view but what about CATS!

I am sick to death of them forever crapping in my garden and killing the birds and there is sod all that I can do about it as they protected yet their owners have and take no responsibility for them!

Rant over!

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
This is all well and good and I have some sympathy with this view but what about CATS!

I am sick to death of them forever crapping in my garden and killing the birds and there is sod all that I can do about it as they protected yet their owners have and take no responsibility for them!

Rant over!
That's a CATastrophe
There's no PUSSYbility of stopping those horrible moggies o_O

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
No idea why it started but do wonder if some smart arse worked out he has picked it up so has complied with the local rules, nothing actually tells him what to do with it once 'picked up'

It might be simpler to resolve the immigrant issues than dog poo pick up :D

No if you pick it up then leave it somewehre it changes from fine for dog fouling = up to £1k to fly tipping = up to 50k + 2 years (y)

This picking up lark is one of the reasons I don't have a dog.
I have a weak stomach and just the thought of picking up a steaming load has me retching:D

Try doing it when you 've run out of bags !:sick:

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
It takes time and patience but all Owners could train their dogs to this high standard .....

DOG 2.jpg

Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
Do you really hate people wearing DPM? Not really something I've thought about, I've always thought it looks a hit naff but can't say it bothers me. But then I have my fair share of pet hates.

Its because invariably, most of them have the pockets undone and look scruffy!! There is a bloke round my way that wears full MTP nearly every day.......I can handle a pair of shorts or a smock etc etc but full rig and trainers? it just grips my S**t!!!

Jabberwocky

Free Member
Aug 14, 2015
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
MWB coach build
Exp
I'm a newbie
Its because invariably, most of them have the pockets undone and look scruffy!! There is a bloke round my way that wears full MTP nearly every day.......I can handle a pair of shorts or a smock etc etc but full rig and trainers? it just grips my S**t!!!

Ah pockets undone, I'm with you on that, hands in their pockets as well?

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I agree,as a dog owner, that mess should be cleared up. However, around my village the biggest problem is horses crapping all over the road.

We have a riding stables that does "accompanied rides" through our village. It is not unusual for four or five horses to pass through crapping as they go.

NO! It is not acceptable to say that this is an accident. How would people react if someone declared their dog poo to " be an accident" and just leave it lying.

Sorry! One rule for one and a different rule for another.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Shovel it up and put it on your garden and watch everything start to grow well!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I agree,as a dog owner, that mess should be cleared up. However, around my village the biggest problem is horses crapping all over the road.

We have a riding stables that does "accompanied rides" through our village. It is not unusual for four or five horses to pass through crapping as they go.

NO! It is not acceptable to say that this is an accident. How would people react if someone declared their dog poo to " be an accident" and just leave it lying.

Yes, high time horse fouling was outlawed as well.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

Never used to be a problem when the serfs would dash out & shovel it up for the roses. So in reality it is the serf's fault that they have become upmarket & aren't doing there job.:)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Never used to be a problem when the serfs would dash out & shovel it up for the roses. So in reality it is the serf's fault that they have become upmarket & aren't doing there job.:)
I will sack my serfs immediately and replace them with a butler and a gardener.

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
The UK looks like on great big litter bin these days. What inspires clowns to throw crap on the floor I will never understand !

Got to agree, I think we'd rather put up with the doggy doos than all the litter that seems to adorn the countryside in the UK these days.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Got to agree, I think we'd rather put up with the doggy doos than all the litter that seems to adorn the countryside in the UK these days.
Also, it should be noted that many non-dog owners incorrectly identify fox and cat poo as uncollected dog poo! One of the Mums at my daughters school was ranting and raving about a dog poo in the middle of the school front lawn, along the lines of, how dare someone walk their dog in the school grounds and not pick up! I pointed out that it was in fact the leavings of a fox!

colinw

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bolton , Lancs.
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Under a year
Also, it should be noted that many non-dog owners incorrectly identify fox and cat poo as uncollected dog poo! One of the Mums at my daughters school was ranting and raving about a dog poo in the middle of the school front lawn, along the lines of, how dare someone walk their dog in the school grounds and not pick up! I pointed out that it was in fact the leavings of a fox!
Haha , our dog got the blame for leaving a deposit on FIL's lawn , until it appeared again on the next two nights we weren't there , Mr fox was to blame we assume !

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
In our area of France our big problem is Swan crap around the lake near us. I have never seen their owners with "swanny bags".

If you haven't experienced it Swans can produce a prodigious amount, similar to a fox.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We never have dogs in our garden so we can recognise and differentiate fox and cat poo. That means that we can also recognise the dog poo left on the public pavement by a minority of local dog owners.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
In our area of France our big problem is Swan crap around the lake near us. I have never seen their owners with "swanny bags".

If you haven't experienced it Swans can produce a prodigious amount, similar to a fox.
............... and don't get me started on goose poo!!!! I trod loads of it into my mh onto the carpet and still cannot get rid of the marks. :(

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
This picking up lark is one of the reasons I don't have a dog.
I have a weak stomach and just the thought of picking up a steaming load has me retching:D

It keeps your hands and pockets warm on a cold day, that's why I've got 2 dogs :D

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Apparently, horse manure is good for the environment but dog poo isn't ... hence don't put dog poo on your veggies growing in the garden ....

That could be a load of rubbish but that's what I was told as a little girl when we used to shover it up after the rag and bone man's horse.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Apparently, horse manure is good for the environment but dog poo isn't ... hence don't put dog poo on your veggies growing in the garden ....

That could be a load of rubbish but that's what I was told as a little girl when we used to shover it up after the rag and bone man's horse.
Not rubbish Joy. The content of horse manure (but not dog poo) makes good plant food.

The main factor, though, is that the world has moved on. It's only about 20 years since dog fouling legislation was passed because it had become unacceptable. The same lack of acceptability now applies more and more to horse manure, especially when riders allow fouling of footpaths which they use illegally.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back