Does anyone rate the fixed bed wildax Aurora ?

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Chatting to owner of a,Wildax 2007 aurora fixed bed with a possible view to buying. Any thoughts anyone?

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Sorry - I missed this one ;) :D2

I've got an Aurora Fixed Bed, I collected at the beginning of June '17.

I like it - what would you like to know?

OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Just a general review I guess. All as expected?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
First off - it's an absolute pleasure to drive, far more relaxing than my previous coachbuilt.
Secondly, by buying new I was able to tweak the standard layout to what I knew was important to me, and what wasn't.
I was in Keswick when the first snow of the winter fell, and it was bitter out, yet the van was warm & toastie.
I do find the "wetroom" compact, but adequate. Although I've yet to find the perfect showerhead to suit me. I don't like the drop down basin in there but I never use it so it's not an issue.
Kitchen workspace is fairly limited even with the pop-up table but mainly because I forget the slide out over the fridge + I don't have the dining table up [that space is used for Kerry, my greyhound].
Loads of storage space. Especially under the bed.

Overall, I'm extremely happy with it.
Seems pretty well put together.
It is "compact" internally compared to a coachbuilt but that will be the same whatever PVC and there are always compromises in motorhoming... but it that same "compactness" which makes it "take anywhere".

I think the fact that they rarely come on the Used market, and tend to be snapped up when they do - is testament to the fact that Wildax owners are fairly happy with their vans.

Happy to answer any specific queries, if I can.

elfish

Free Member
Dec 16, 2014
london
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
Just saw this thread. Sorry i’m late to the party. I’ve @ fixed bed aurora. Love the layout. I bought a duvalay topper & its one of the comfiest beds i’ve slept in/on.

Tons of storage underneath the bed.

However, mine’s a jan 17 so the amount of storage underneath is probably different.

Have a check of the wiring though - mine was shocking!