Does anyone rate the fixed bed wildax Aurora ? (1 Viewer)

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Chatting to owner of a,Wildax 2007 aurora fixed bed with a possible view to buying. Any thoughts anyone?

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Sorry - I missed this one ;) :D2

I've got an Aurora Fixed Bed, I collected at the beginning of June '17.

I like it - what would you like to know?

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Just a general review I guess. All as expected?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
First off - it's an absolute pleasure to drive, far more relaxing than my previous coachbuilt.
Secondly, by buying new I was able to tweak the standard layout to what I knew was important to me, and what wasn't.
I was in Keswick when the first snow of the winter fell, and it was bitter out, yet the van was warm & toastie.
I do find the "wetroom" compact, but adequate. Although I've yet to find the perfect showerhead to suit me. I don't like the drop down basin in there but I never use it so it's not an issue.
Kitchen workspace is fairly limited even with the pop-up table but mainly because I forget the slide out over the fridge + I don't have the dining table up [that space is used for Kerry, my greyhound].
Loads of storage space. Especially under the bed.

Overall, I'm extremely happy with it.
Seems pretty well put together.
It is "compact" internally compared to a coachbuilt but that will be the same whatever PVC and there are always compromises in motorhoming... but it that same "compactness" which makes it "take anywhere".

I think the fact that they rarely come on the Used market, and tend to be snapped up when they do - is testament to the fact that Wildax owners are fairly happy with their vans.

Happy to answer any specific queries, if I can.

elfish

Free Member
Dec 16, 2014
london
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
Just saw this thread. Sorry i’m late to the party. I’ve @ fixed bed aurora. Love the layout. I bought a duvalay topper & its one of the comfiest beds i’ve slept in/on.

Tons of storage underneath the bed.

However, mine’s a jan 17 so the amount of storage underneath is probably different.

Have a check of the wiring though - mine was shocking!

Dec 14, 2021
East anglia
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora XL Aut
Exp
Puppy class
First off - it's an absolute pleasure to drive, far more relaxing than my previous coachbuilt.
Secondly, by buying new I was able to tweak the standard layout to what I knew was important to me, and what wasn't.
I was in Keswick when the first snow of the winter fell, and it was bitter out, yet the van was warm & toastie.
I do find the "wetroom" compact, but adequate. Although I've yet to find the perfect showerhead to suit me. I don't like the drop down basin in there but I never use it so it's not an issue.
Kitchen workspace is fairly limited even with the pop-up table but mainly because I forget the slide out over the fridge + I don't have the dining table up [that space is used for Kerry, my greyhound].
Loads of storage space. Especially under the bed.

Overall, I'm extremely happy with it.
Seems pretty well put together.
It is "compact" internally compared to a coachbuilt but that will be the same whatever PVC and there are always compromises in motorhoming... but it that same "compactness" which makes it "take anywhere".

I think the fact that they rarely come on the Used market, and tend to be snapped up when they do - is testament to the fact that Wildax owners are fairly happy with their vans.

Happy to answer any specific queries, if I can.
This is the sort of feedback I've been searching for months but appears to be in short supply.
I have been for the past year been doing some significant research on Campers/motorhomes and all those hours has brought me to a WildAx Aurora XL as it ticks all my many boxes overall and thus, it is currently perched at the top of my list of 6 vans.
That said, I am still doing research on many of the new models being released and the Aurora still manages to sit at the top.
Can I ask whether your opinion on the warmth of the van remains the same as I jntend to use it in Scotland and Norway.
Any feedback on WildAx company itself?? Thank you Langtoftlad.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Company has always been responsive & helpful... however its now owned by Rapido group and the vehicles are not 'direct sell' anymore, but via a small group of dealerships. The feedback I've heard continues to be positive and Duncan Wildman, one of the two founders, is still in charge.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back