Dodgy Speedometer? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 14, 2022
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
I collected my new Globecar Campscout on Friday with 22 miles on the clock. I noticed as I was driving home that the speedo showed I was driving like a snail at 20 mph....which I didn't believe. Later on in the journey it seemed to correct itself.

This weekend we stayed away for the night and en route I thought I would test the speedo against the copilot speed warning, in town it alarmed at 35mph but speedo should 10mph, similarly on a dual carriage way the Boxer showed 50mph but copilot alarmed at 75mph. However a few miles later it corrected itself.

I've never owned a brand new vehicle before - probably a stupid question but do Speedometers calibrate themselves over time? Or is this one a bit messed up... its now done 185 miles.

Thanks in advance ☺️

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
It's a fundamental safety item. If you took it for an MOT it would fail. Needs fixing. Not just for you when you are driving, but also for the engine management computer. If it's getting nonsense from the speedo sensor, what sort of nonsense decisions is it making for the fuel, braking etc?

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Only 22 miles on the clock ......it's a warranty issue so get it booked in with the base vehicle dealer.
That's all the motorhome dealer will do so cut out the middle man and save some time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Is the odometer correct and the speedometer wrong?
Either way, as said above, it’ll be a warranty repair via dealer

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Only 22 miles on the clock ......it's a warranty issue so get it booked in with the base vehicle dealer.
That's all the motorhome dealer will do so cut out the middle man and save some time.
Ahhh. But should be 192 miles on the clock. Some benefit to lower reading speedo 😜😜😜

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back