Do you wave? (1 Viewer)

Do you wave at other MHs/vans as you pass?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
What’s with it’s dangerous to wave. Get a life, have you never scratched you nose, or put your hand over your mouth when coughing?if you can’t steer in a straight line with one hand to give a quick wave then give up driving. I would not wave if I was on a roundabout or in a dangerous situation. It then becomes the co pilots job.
When I was courting I often drove with one hand as the other one was busy doing something else😱😱
Not picking your nose I hope!

Sep 17, 2020
Totton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Since Sept 2020.
A very timely post .... been out in Dorset for a few days, mostly helping our mate tidy up his newly acquired pub garden (will be MoHo friendly, opening 17/5, will post location if I'm allowed ). En route there I initially forgot the whole waving thing having only bought the van in September, but was reminded when I was waved at.
Waved at the next 5 vans - nothing in response. Carried on doggedly and need advice ...

Is there a pecking order or etiquette?

VW T5's and similar - nothing, but my daughter who has one assures me VW camper drivers always wave at each other. Maybe we're softies as we have shower rooms?
Big posh coachbuilts - nothing. Possibly haven't spent enough?
Vans similar to mine, an '04 Autocruise Stargazer - more often than not.
One Tesco van, and one Plumber - bemused expressions.

Advice welcome.

Thank you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
When we had a trailer tent we kept our heads down in obeyance as motorhomes approached. With our Talbot Camelot we waved a coach builts and PVCs. Moving to a coach built we waved at everybody. Now having n 'Ay Claass' we of course only wave at similar vans and offer a tentative nod to large RVs.

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I would, but everyone would think I was mad, driving an Amazon van and waving manically. The van is particularly stealthy. The side windows (see avatar) look surprisingly like body panels. The riot shield and battenburg are long gone. The only clues are the toilet door and near-side awning.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Only in the U.K.!! When on the continent or indeed the USA they wave to each other. 😉😉
Edit it’s not a wave per se, it’s more of a hand downwards with two finger pointing to the ground. And as bobnick says sometimes they put feet off the peg, but that’s usually a gesture of thanks👍
I’ve been out on the bike this morning. Waved at loads of other bikes. Yeah I took my hand off the bar and waved. Sure I nodded a time or too if both hands were busy. The two finger point at the ground seems to be a hardly ableson thing. Not particularly bikers. I also ride in other countries and do the leg wave as a thanks mostly but sometimes again if both hands are busy then a leg wave is used.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
I’ve been out on the bike this morning. Waved at loads of other bikes. Yeah I took my hand off the bar and waved. Sure I nodded a time or too if both hands were busy. The two finger point at the ground seems to be a hardly ableson thing. Not particularly bikers. I also ride in other countries and do the leg wave as a thanks mostly but sometimes again if both hands are busy then a leg wave is used.

Always nod on our bikes, the leg out when abroad......rarely get it back from Harley riders and few BMW riders (well the ones with all the kit on anyway ;)).

Not got into the swing of in in our van yet........mainly due to little use maybe.🤷‍♂️

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Always nod on our bikes, the leg out when abroad......rarely get it back from Harley riders and few BMW riders (well the ones with all the kit on anyway ;)).

Not got into the swing of in in our van yet........mainly due to little use maybe.🤷‍♂️
I was a BMW 1200RT LE rider for years. Always nodded to on coming bikers be it on a tourer, scooter or whatever. I did find that sports bike riders were not interested in acknowledging tourers.

Jun 21, 2020
Huntingdon ish.... the rundown backwater
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2007
We've a big foam hand for my co-pilot to use.... after all the waving early last summer.... you can see it a way off..... I wave if I can depending on the road conditions..... I do the same while cycling to other cyclists too....

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Only wave at Tuggers but they never wave back
Took MH back to storage last week after giving it a good wash and a few fettling jobs on it and in my excitement I did wave at 2 taggers. 1st one 2 good waves back. The second was coming out of the storage site and completely blanked me!!
We've a big foam hand for my co-pilot to use.... after all the waving early last summer.... you can see it a way off..... I wave if I can depending on the road conditions..... I do the same while cycling to other cyclists too....
Where do you carry the big foam hand when out on the bike????

Keep on waving :Grin:👋👋👋👋

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back