LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I've got to ask "why would you ?".

I remember my first holiday there as a kid from Manchester, working out it's about the size of Manchester. Weather might be a touch better than Manchester. Difficult to get to, going via a much better camping area.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Even the States proposal for more facilities for MHs but a limit of 24 hours would leave a visitor with only the possibiity of 3-4 days on the island, so who would take a ferry there for that short a time?

Both Jersey natives and the ex-pats who have established themselves there resisant to other incomers, whether new residents or visitors.

My own experience was as a BA pilot posted there by the company, but as such should have had priority for housing in order to run their air link. The Housing Committee, in effect immigration control by another name, refused me permission to rent a 2-bed town house - 'because as a bachelor it was too big for my needs'

So I cannot see the Jersey authorities providing adequate facilities for MHs.

Geoff

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Can't see why you would .

"Visitors to Jersey are welcome to bring a caravan, motorhome, campervan, folding camper or trailer tent to the Island provided a permit is obtained prior to arrival. You must stay on a registered campsite and for a maximum of 31 days. For full permit conditions, click Broken Link Removed."

"You will be supplied with the required permit when you book your stay through any of the registered campsites below or contact the States of Jersey on 01534 448 132. Alternatively, email edgroup@gov.je. "

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

skylinersi

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Lovely place, been several times, locals dont like new peeps moving in agreed, but nice nonetheless.

but.....

there is no way on gods earth would i drive our van round the island!!!!!!!

far far too narrow in terms of roads!, only surpassed by guernsey, which again is lovely, but narrower roads still, and i mean narrow!

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
At first I thought you meant did you wear a jersey I was gonna say only at night or in the UK :D

But now I know you mean the island .....I wouldn't as there seems to be high crime there ...or there was according to jim bergerac

Although not as bad as that place midsommer

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Can't see why you would .

"Visitors to Jersey are welcome to bring a caravan, motorhome, campervan, folding camper or trailer tent to the Island provided a permit is obtained prior to arrival. You must stay on a registered campsite and for a maximum of 31 days. For full permit conditions, click Broken Link Removed."

"You will be supplied with the required permit when you book your stay through any of the registered campsites below or contact the States of Jersey on 01534 448 132. Alternatively, email edgroup@gov.je. "

Sounds as though the Nazis left some ideas behind when they left.

It also sounds as though you can only book one campsite for the whole of your stay.

What is the betting that all campsite owners or their families are represented in the States Parliament?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Took our PVC to Guernsey a few years ago as we were going to a wedding, never again, expensive crossing and spent more time mounting the kerbs than on the road. They have low road kerbs on purpose and most of the locals cars had dented wheel trims. Jersey is very similar if not the same.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I rode all round the island one morning when I was a youngster...

And got a puncture on my push bike.... :mad:

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Needing a special permit,does the local mayor, town planner, or a Councillor own the campsite by any chance?:whistle:
Les

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back