Do yo do this?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer b544
Exp
Very little
After saving my hard earned cash and deciding on what brand and layout i was going to look at i came to the point of spending the money, i went thru that horrible feeling of what if i buy an absolute dog?
I did more research and more again to build my confidence still i had that heavy feeling in my gut.
I wanted a hymer,was it going to be a bad decision?
I then travelled up and down the country with money burning a hole.
I saw many dogs presented badly from both dealer and private seller.
I eventually got my moho in devon, quite a trek.
Did i pay too much? omg i still have that feelling.
But now i look thru the internet looking at same year models and compare prices , layouts miles, right or a lefty etc.
When will i settle down ?
Whilst looking around hymers of that age ive noticed that few if any have a gas oven, mine does, am i missing something?
I paid 17,250 for my fully loaded b544 on a 98 plate with only 60,000 miles gonae someone tell me the boy did good
Sorry for my waffle

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
you've bought it now so please stop stressing and just get out there and start enjoying your adventures with your motorhome, you'll have a wonderful time now and hopefully meeting up with other like minded people, maybe on a few meets and rallies, mhf folks are a lovely helpful and friendly bunch..

OP
OP
Hamish the highland hymer
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer b544
Exp
Very little
At christmas been away a few times already, and starting to work thru wee jobs on it but basicly a tidy van inside and out, everything works as it should
I guessbim prob needing other hymer owners to meet and bounce off
Im just not settling down although the few days i had away has been brill
Mark .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Ha @Hamish the highland hymer. That is me exactly. And just at the moment we're on the motorway heading to pick up a new to us Hymer at 3 times the price of yours and I feel sick. The feeling does wear off after a while. But it does spoil the fun and excitement of getting a new van. The good thing is providing you look after it your Hymer will hold its price So just try to enjoy it

Southdowners

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
After saving my hard earned cash and deciding on what brand and layout i was going to look at i came to the point of spending the money, i went thru that horrible feeling of what if i buy an absolute dog?
I did more research and more again to build my confidence still i had that heavy feeling in my gut.
I wanted a hymer,was it going to be a bad decision?
I then travelled up and down the country with money burning a hole.
I saw many dogs presented badly from both dealer and private seller.
I eventually got my moho in devon, quite a trek.
Did i pay too much? omg i still have that feelling.
But now i look thru the internet looking at same year models and compare prices , layouts miles, right or a lefty etc.
When will i settle down ?
Whilst looking around hymers of that age ive noticed that few if any have a gas oven, mine does, am i missing something?
I paid 17,250 for my fully loaded b544 on a 98 plate with only 60,000 miles gonae someone tell me the boy did good
Sorry for my waffle

I'm sure you've found out that it's very difficult to compare prices when it comes to motorhomes. They might look identical at first glance but looks can be deceptive!

You're clearly pleased with yours, have enjoyed trips out in it and everything worked fine - a very good start :). Even when buying a brand new motorhome you get snags which need to be rectified - the fact that everything worked as it should in yours should give you confidence.

As for the oven... ours has a full gas oven. I like to cook and, for me, it was a strong want on the wish list. Look at it as a bonus.

Happy travels! :D

OP
OP
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer b544
Exp
Very little
Thanks feeling a bit better think i might go to hymerfest this year

SuperMike

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Hymer. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Toodle pip. :imoutahere:

Southdowners

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Ok, stop stressing.
You don’t need an oven. I used mine once or twice, otherwise used as a cupboard.
Do you like your moho.?
You have the most stunning scenery on your doorstep, you can go east, north and south to beaches, lakes, mountains and lochs.
Get out there and enjoy yourself. First Moho OH and I bought was aHymer and we both loved it.
hellowelcome and if you’d let me know you were visiting Devon I’d have made you a cuppa.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Mark

I did not have the feeling you have, but I was confident that my research had led me to me to the right vehicle, because I had written a specification and out N&B Arto 69GL matched it almost word for word. You said you did your research and then some more, so if your Hymer matches your spec it should be fine.

You have probably read of people who have found their first, and maybe the second, MH did not suit and they ended up with 3 in 3-5 years. I have always assumed that they did not do their research.

I bought the Arto privately at 6 years and 16,000 miles 10 years ago, but £10K more than you have spent, so I would say that for its age it is about equivalent and you have not overpaid. The build quality of that era was probably better than more recently on all marques.

Enjoy it.

Geoff

OP
OP
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer b544
Exp
Very little
Thanks everyone i just had a wobbly moment when i looked at it this morning in the peeing down rain and then checked the bank account

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Thanks everyone i just had a wobbly moment when i looked at it this morning in the peeing down rain and then checked the bank account
Stop looking at it then. Get inside, drive somewhere and look out of it. :)
You've no excuse not to use it given where you live and especially at this time of year before the midges appear. :)

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
It's very simple, if you like it and enjoy it then keep it. If you find it's not the one for you then sell it and buy another one as you will then have a better idea of what suits your needs.
I think you will find that most of us have got it right by our 3rd van, we are on our 3rd van. :D

Last edited:

jo10000_6

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 Classic
Exp
Jan 2018
I researched Hymers for a year before buying mine - I can assure you you have done good. I sometimes think what I could have got for £5 / £10k more but shut those thoughts down as I’m very happy with the old Hymer I bought - 1993 - - B544 - not fully loaded - so you have done well.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

You should have been with me when I looked at the 17' wide terraced house I bought in SW London 20 years ago, which needed all services stripping out, new floors, CH installed, new roof and loft conversion. So basically I bought four walls and the land for just under £250K and I was in for £300K when habitable. That needs a gulp or two.

Now worth 5 times that.:):)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Ha @Hamish the highland hymer. That is me exactly. And just at the moment we're on the motorway heading to pick up a new to us Hymer at 3 times the price of yours and I feel sick. The feeling does wear off after a while. But it does spoil the fun and excitement of getting a new van. The good thing is providing you look after it your Hymer will hold its price So just try to enjoy it
So that’s what you are getting!!! Congratulations!

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Two wheel job towed.
Exp
Since 2004
Hymer B544 21ft of space, room to stretch your legs out and chill if it’s wet or cold outside.
We had an 03 plate and liked the layout so much bought a new 2016 and don’t regret a moment , totally functional , well built and reliable.

Seems you got a good buy , hope you enjoy it (y)

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Ok, stop stressing.
You don’t need an oven. I used mine once or twice, otherwise used as a cupboard.

No oven? :eek:. How do you do pizza, garlic bread, yorkshire puddings etc?
No way would SWMBO have a MH without an oven, did remove the Microwave as waste of space. Love showing off to the Germans that we have an oven (y)

P1050147.JPG

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Two wheel job towed.
Exp
Since 2004
Ours has a tech tower with small gas oven above the fridge/freezer, some don’t like the arrangement but we get on ok with it and also use our remoska.

Allanm

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We’ve always had a full sized oven but our latest van doesn’t have one. It was a paid for option, but we decided €1100 would buy an awful lot of restaurant food.
We don’t miss not having an oven. Less time cooking, more time sightseeing...

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
No oven? :eek:. How do you do pizza, garlic bread, yorkshire puddings etc?
No way would SWMBO have a MH without an oven, did remove the Microwave as waste of space. Love showing off to the Germans that we have an oven (y)

View attachment 292123

But no bloody tablecloth

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back