diesel heater under van (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
It was my intention to fit my chinese diesel heater externally but circumstances forced me to install it whilst still in the UK using a broken file,drill & a complete lack of my usual tools.:laughing: So it had to go internally. Behind passenger seat mounted on the cross box section which conveniently has a hole underneath allowing the fuel, air in for burner & exhaust pipes to be easily mounted. Mine has the silencer & to be honest once it has started & settled to a normal usage the only way to tell outside that it is running is to put your hand over the exhaust. The tick from the pump lulls you to sleep, that's if you even notice it.
Mine runs mainly on lowest setting when in the UK & is hot enough inside at that.
Ideal if you want to use whilst travelling.
My mates webasto standard fit blown air heating & water unit was exceedingly loud by comparison.

seanwinder22

Free Member
Jul 1, 2022
Doncaster, UK
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato bessacar
Exp
just received this email response from James

Hi Dave,
Thank you for your inquiry.
Yes your welcome to collect and pay cash if you choose to go ahead with an order, I'm in Colchester. Lead time is a couple of weeks at the moment as I'm waiting for parts to build the next batch.:)

Here are the pump details:

I have two pump versions.
1) The standard pump is fine for any installation that has the burner as the highest component above the pump and fuel tank.
2) The second pump version has an anti siphon valve and some extra drive circuitry fitted. It can be mounted above or below the burner and not suffer from a siphon or head pressure if the fuel tank is higher than the burner.

Standard Pump is £99 posted UK
Anti Siphon Pump is £129 posted UK

Lead time as of 09/10/21 is 3 weeks as I wait for parts to arrive from China to build the next batch of pumps. I will be taking payment in advance to secure one of those pumps.
Sorry for the wait, I have experienced a high demand for pumps recently and now completely out of parts.
Payment method is Paypal: jamesbrowningsmith@yahoo.co.uk

Further details and pics attached:

Just three wires to connect. Blue-Neg to same as the burner, and Green and Yellow wires connect to your pump wires any way around.

There is no standby power draw.

Works with 12v and 24v burners.

Fully compatible with the Afterburner controller.

The dial on the top is for fine tuning (or quick altitude adj) as every bodies installations are slightly different. I will mark the dial position with a white arrow for a 5Kw burner for example running on diesel to give optimum heat and lowest carbon monoxide throughout. If for example you want to burn a different fuel then the dial can be used to increase or decrease injection quantity per pulse as well as the normal adjustments of fan speed and Hz in the burner controls. I can also set up for any size burner that uses a clicking pump, so just let me know.

Unlike the standard pump, this pump can pump any fuel without increased wear from non lubricated fuels like Kerosene. This pump can happily pump Diesel, Kerosene, Petrol, Paraffin, Jet fuel, without increased wear to internal parts.:)

The box dimensions are 150mm including tabs (110mm without) long x 90mm wide x 55mm high. The fuel trim knobs adds 20mm to the height.

1 year warranty and full after sales technical support.

That's it. Any questions, please ask.

Check out Youtuber David McLuckie and his review and test of the pump:

and Foresty Forest's installation of the Anti Siphon Pump:
4x4 Van Life in BC - It's Getting Cold!

Best regards
James

for those of you have been looking at a diesel heater, i am sure you will have seen David McLuckie's reviews of lots of diesel heaters - he thinks this pump is the 'real deal' !!!

Sorry for jumping on this old thread but after all this time wanted to know how you got on with this pump ? I’m looking to fit a diesel heater myself but direct to my fuel tank have you got any recommendations on a full kit heater to buy or also the pump above is needed ?
Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
also the pump above is needed ?

I bought one of the first of the silent pumps that James was making and had problems with it flooding the heater with fuel when the heater was not in use making it impossible to fire up my heater the next time I wanted to use it. Others also had the same problem, so I sent my pump back to James who was rectifying this problem by fitting a solenoid shut-off valve, and I must admit that I was more than a little miffed that he was charging for this update when it was a fundamental design fault.
Upon refitting the pump, I found that the pump was delivering varying fuel amounts depending upon the fuel level in my fuel tank due to the weight of the fuel overcoming the pump calibration. I spoke to James and this problem was put down to my pump not being higher than the top of my tank.
In my case, I could not mount the pump higher than the top of my tank, I gave up on the pump and replaced it with a standard Chinese heater pump, and to be honest I found the silent pump was not that much quieter than the standard pumps.

I still have the silent pump if you want to make me an offer on it.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Sorry for jumping on this old thread but after all this time wanted to know how you got on with this pump ? I’m looking to fit a diesel heater myself but direct to my fuel tank have you got any recommendations on a full kit heater to buy or also the pump above is needed ?
Thanks
I didn't actually buy one as I didn't get round to fitting the diesel pump to our static. As I understand it, he supplies two types of pump, one where the fuel tank is below the heater and one where the fuel tank is above the heater.
I have recently fitted a diesel heater to heat my kitchen at home. I have the actual heater outside. I have found it works really well on the lowest setting and stops a cold area developing in the kitchen (due to way it's laid out as part of the conservatory) the standard pump tick is hardly noticeable at the lowest level

seanwinder22

Free Member
Jul 1, 2022
Doncaster, UK
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato bessacar
Exp
I bought one of the first of the silent pumps that James was making and had problems with it flooding the heater with fuel when the heater was not in use making it impossible to fire up my heater the next time I wanted to use it. Others also had the same problem, so I sent my pump back to James who was rectifying this problem by fitting a solenoid shut-off valve, and I must admit that I was more than a little miffed that he was charging for this update when it was a fundamental design fault.
Upon refitting the pump, I found that the pump was delivering varying fuel amounts depending upon the fuel level in my fuel tank due to the weight of the fuel overcoming the pump calibration. I spoke to James and this problem was put down to my pump not being higher than the top of my tank.
In my case, I could not mount the pump higher than the top of my tank, I gave up on the pump and replaced it with a standard Chinese heater pump, and to be honest I found the silent pump was not that much quieter than the standard pumps.

I still have the silent pump if you want to make me an offer on it.
Thanks for the reply. What type of heater did you buy have you got a link I don’t want to buy one I know nothing about, but one that’s being used from guys here was my idea
I will have the same problem I’m guessing if I went for the pump with having limited room until I plan out the area. If I can get the pump higher I will have it definitely
Best place to fit the heater under the bed storage is the only area I have spare at the side of the combi boiler tho
Or another area under the seat storage area
I was thinking of trying to strap it or connect it to the chassis
I have a fiat ducato bessacar e660 4 birth so I think closer to my fuel tank the better? On this image those seats have a storage area but one is the solar and multiplus & battery bank
So first find a great silent heater then plan it
Did yours come with the entire kit from pipes for the fuel and everything you need

Attachments

• CC3BB760-BABA-4CE9-99FE-29A0C7FC7FE9.png
    CC3BB760-BABA-4CE9-99FE-29A0C7FC7FE9.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 40

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks for the reply. What type of heater did you buy have you got a link I don’t want to buy one I know nothing about, but one that’s being used from guys here was my idea
I will have the same problem I’m guessing if I went for the pump with having limited room until I plan out the area. If I can get the pump higher I will have it definitely
Best place to fit the heater under the bed storage is the only area I have spare at the side of the combi boiler tho
Or another area under the seat storage area
I was thinking of trying to strap it or connect it to the chassis
I have a fiat ducato bessacar e660 4 birth so I think closer to my fuel tank the better? On this image those seats have a storage area but one is the solar and multiplus & battery bank
So first find a great silent heater then plan it
Did yours come with the entire kit from pipes for the fuel and everything you need

The first Chinese diesel heater I fitted to MoHo was a cheap un-branded one which worked just fine, and I still keep it as a spare, but my current Chinese diesel heater on our MoHo is a 5kw Lavaner Pro.
I changed to the Lavaner because when they first came to market Craig He of Lavaner reached out to some of us on one of the Chinese diesel heater forums and offered us a discounted heater for testing so Lavaner could get some feedback on their heaters in real-world installations.
As the Lavaner Pro heaters have weather and splash resistant electronic, it was ideal as my heater is mounted externally under our MoHo.

All the Chinese diesel heaters I have bought come with pretty well all you need for a basic installation although the quality of the Lavaner and the supplied kit is far superior to the unbranded Chinese heaters, plus Lavaner supply a proper through-the-floor mounting turret as well than the usual cheap flat plate type that you only get with the unbranded heaters.

If you want to mount a diesel heater under your van on the chassis, then you can buy a stainless steel "L" bracket to bolt to your chassis as I have done with mine.

https://lavaner.com/col.jsp?id=109

seanwinder22

Free Member
Jul 1, 2022
Doncaster, UK
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato bessacar
Exp
The first Chinese diesel heater I fitted to MoHo was a cheap un-branded one which worked just fine, and I still keep it as a spare, but my current Chinese diesel heater on our MoHo is a 5kw Lavaner Pro.
I changed to the Lavaner because when they first came to market Craig He of Lavaner reached out to some of us on one of the Chinese diesel heater forums and offered us a discounted heater for testing so Lavaner could get some feedback on their heaters in real-world installations.
As the Lavaner Pro heaters have weather and splash resistant electronic, it was ideal as my heater is mounted externally under our MoHo.

All the Chinese diesel heaters I have bought come with pretty well all you need for a basic installation although the quality of the Lavaner and the supplied kit is far superior to the unbranded Chinese heaters, plus Lavaner supply a proper through-the-floor mounting turret as well than the usual cheap flat plate type that you only get with the unbranded heaters.

If you want to mount a diesel heater under your van on the chassis, then you can buy a stainless steel "L" bracket to bolt to your chassis as I have done with mine.

Thanks very much I will go with this buddy do I need anything else

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977

Two on Tour as you obviously have considerable experience with Chinese (or similar) diesel heaters may ask a couple of questions.

Is there a version of these heaters that offer full thermostatic control as I have on my Eberspacher D2 Airtronic with an 801 modulator wired with the external temperature sensor? My heater, when switched on, runs up to full output and then slows as necessary depending on the room temperature. When the set temperature (plus the hysteresis figure which is about +3 degrees) is reached it shuts down completely, pump first then fans when the chamber is cooled. When room temperature lowers below the set temperature the heater re-starts but not an full output and begins the cycle again. It will run like this from my experience days on end.

It is also able to be used without heat as a simple air circulation fan. Can the Chinese ones do this?

I could be tempted away from Eberspacher if these facilities were available.

Last edited:

seanwinder22

Free Member
Jul 1, 2022
Doncaster, UK
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato bessacar
Exp

I have emailed Craig 👍 this is my idea let me know what you think
This image shows by under seat storage which is full but look at the heating hose duct coming from under the van in the floor
That comes from the garage under the bed combi boiler
Could I fit the heater under this seat base and the heat hose from the heater run that hose into the hose coming in the floor to the battery space - because this them run to every vent in the motorhome under all seats and bed

Attachments

• C434DC32-1938-443C-95C9-A575E1B75D4A.png
    C434DC32-1938-443C-95C9-A575E1B75D4A.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 55

Clive Mott

Funster
Nov 12, 2012
New Milton
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 1972
I cannot upset our friends in their lovely Murvi but we were parked together on an aire en route to a winter, warmer place and they always extol how good their Webasto diesel heater is. Clean, quiet and no smell.. That may be the case inside but ovetnight. laying in bed we knew every time the we basta
rd fired up by the diesel smell that got sucked into our van as part of the Fresh air intake. So just think cafefully before you fit a diesel heater.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Two on Tour as you obviously have considerable experience with Chinese (or similar) diesel heaters may ask a couple of questions.

Is there a version of these heaters that offer full thermostatic control as I have on my Eberspacher D2 Airtronic with an 801 modulator wired with the external temperature sensor? My heater, when switched on, runs up to full output and then slows as necessary depending on the room temperature. When the set temperature (plus the hysteresis figure which is about +3 degrees) is reached it shuts down completely, pump first then fans when the chamber is cooled. When room temperature lowers below the set temperature the heater re-starts but not an full output and begins the cycle again. It will run like this from my experience days on end.

It is also able to be used without heat as a simple air circulation fan. Can the Chinese ones do this?

I could be tempted away from Eberspacher if these facilities were available.

I use a controller on my Chinese diesel heaters designed and made by an Australian guy called an Afterburner.
The Afterburner controller offers a great many ways of controlling and monitoring my Chinese diesel heater either directly by the controller or via Bluetooth or wifi or internet.
The thermostat modes include running at fixed Hz, headband, stop start and linear Hz which I normally run ours on with hysteresis figure window of 1.25 degrees plus or minus of my desired temperature in conjunction with an upper and lower pump Hz setting of your choosing so the heater does not need to keep stopping and starting to save battery drainage with the glow plugs high amperage.
You can individually set both the upper and lower pump and fan speeds to tune your heater to burn more efficiently as well as have another four alternative fuel settings you can configure to implement if, for instance, you travel to altitude for sking maybe.
You have a Frost Mode option, 14 day/timer setting available.
You also can add an additional three DS18B20 temperature sensors to the system. I have added two additional temperature sensors to my system to monitor the external temperature and the temperature of my lithium leisure battery.
The controller will also measure the fuel used and the rate of fuel usage in real-time as well as user-set low fuel warning.
Ray the designer is constantly improving and updating the controller's firmware at no additional cost.

With regard to running the fan for air circulation, there at present is no option for this but many have asked Ray to include this option and he is looking at maybe adding this.
I know a few that have spliced into the heater fan feed and supplied 12v to it via a PWM speed controller.

Here's a link to the Afterburner website and the controller's features page.

http://afterburner.mrjones.id.au/

http://afterburner.mrjones.id.au/features.html

Ray has set up and moderates a close (non public) Afterburner Facebook group which is solely Afterburn and may be worth you joining see see the extent of Ray's backup to his controller.

1663660188062-png.666656

The mobile interface on my phone.

1663660210316-png.666658

Screen grabs from my PC. These are the same as will be displayed on the mobile interface.

1672577823951.png

1672578031954.png

1672578077108.png

1672578127416.png

1672578206274.png

1672578272436.png

Last edited:

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I cannot upset our friends in their lovely Murvi but we were parked together on an aire en route to a winter, warmer place and they always extol how good their Webasto diesel heater is. Clean, quiet and no smell.. That may be the case inside but ovetnight. laying in bed we knew every time the we basta
rd fired up by the diesel smell that got sucked into our van as part of the Fresh air intake. So just think cafefully before you fit a diesel heater.

That problem is down to how close and where you choose to park I would have thought.

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
We have the Webasto diesel heater and it's excellent. I didn't fit it, it was factory fitted. They are a bit noisy when you start them up but once the temperature is up to where you want it it is very quiet. Another bonus is that you can run it whilst on the move and it uses hardly any diesel. You also don't have to change gas bottles any where near as often as in our case, we only use gas for hot water and cooking. Thats a big bonus for as as we have a PVC and its a pain to get to the bottle. To be honest I wouldn't buy another van without it.
I agree we had diesel heating on our Chausson, tried to get Auto Sleeper to fit it on the one that's been on order a loooooog time but, they say it costs too much to have it Type Approved or whatever, I think Manufactures go for the Cheap option in this country ,I would like a Eberspacher fitted, (havn't told the wife yet !) hope it's not made in China, not that I think there is anything wrong with the Chinese product, but, am trying not to buy Chinese made products, because some day we are going to regret it.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better

I use a controller on my Chinese diesel heaters designed and made by an Australian guy called an Afterburner.
The Afterburner controller offers a great many ways of controlling and monitoring my Chinese diesel heater either directly by the controller or via Bluetooth or wifi or internet.
The thermostat modes include running at fixed Hz, headband, stop start and linear Hz which I normally run ours on with hysteresis figure window of 1.25 degrees plus or minus of my desired temperature in conjunction with an upper and lower pump Hz setting of your choosing so the heater does not need to keep stopping and starting to save battery drainage with the glow plugs high amperage.
You can individually set both the upper and lower pump and fan speeds to tune your heater to burn more efficiently as well as have another four alternative fuel settings you can configure to implement if, for instance, you travel to altitude for sking maybe.
You also can add an additional three DS18B20 temperature sensors to the system. I have added two additional temperature sensors to my system to monitor the external temperature and the temperature of my lithium leisure battery.
The controller will also measure the fuel used and the rate of fuel usage in real-time as well as user-set low fuel warning.
Ray the designer is constantly improving and updating the controller's firmware at no additional cost.

With regard to running the fan for air circulation, there at present is no option for this but many have asked Ray to include this option and he is looking at maybe adding this.
I know a few that have spliced into the heater fan feed and supplied 12v to it via a PWM speed controller.

Ray has set up and moderates a close (non public) Afterburner Facebook group which is solely Afterburn and may be worth you joining see see the extent of Ray's backup to his controller.

1663660188062-png.666656

1663660210316-png.666658

Screen grabs from my PC. These are the same as will be displayed on the mobile interface.

View attachment 701701

View attachment 701703

View attachment 701704

View attachment 701705

View attachment 701706

View attachment 701707

Why don’t these websites quote prices …? So annoying…😎

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Has anybody any knowledge of fitting a diesel heater underneath a 2021 Ducato based Autosleeper Warwick xl. Everybody says can’t do due to adblue tank
cheers
Bernie

Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I have a factory fitted webasto heater fitted in my peaugeot traveller, you can’t hear the pump or the heater running, French must like quiet vans

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977

1663660188062-png.666656

1663660210316-png.666658

Thanks very much for the comprehensive reply however the Afterburner seems to add rather too much complication to what I have. It obviously works very well for those who like to tinker with so many variables, feedback confirms that.

However the feature that I like with my Eberspacher configuration is the simplicity regardless of the ambient temperature I can switch the heater on with the thermostat set at say 16 degrees when we leave home and after the first fire-up it consumes only the minute control current until the cabin temperature drops below the set figure. It can be left set like that for many days only firing up when required.
I appreciate the additional current draw by the glow pin at fire-up but during the periods that heating is not required there is very little electrical demand, no diesel consumed and no chance of sooting up the chamber.
As the Chinese are so expert at cloning electronics I am bewildered as to why they haven't copied the Eberspacher or Webasto ECUs and modulators.

Two on Tour Thanks again for your input.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
We were out of our van for most of the day on Thursday, and when we set off back to our van the Afterburner indicated that it was 11 degrees in our van, so I fired up the diesel heater via Afterburner app on my phone and we arrived back at our van to a nice cosy 21 degrees inside. (y)

Feb 19, 2022
Anywhere
Funster No
MH
AUTO-TRAIL 740S
Exp
Don't know what brand I inherited with the MH I purchased but it's red, neatly installed just inside a locker door and works great. But it has one annoying feature. With no warning after weeks of no problems, the fan starts up (no heat). I have to separate the connection near the unit to override this. It is independent of its control or whether the power controller is on or off. When later reconnecting, all is as it should be.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
As the Chinese are so expert at cloning electronics I am bewildered as to why they haven't copied the Eberspacher or Webasto ECUs and modulators.

I would think that it is price point. At present what they produce and sell thousands of heaters that do the basic job of operating as a reliable and as easy to operate heater, but then add the extra cost of an all singing all dancing controller and with the extra cost the market narrows.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Don't know what brand I inherited with the MH I purchased but it's red, neatly installed just inside a locker door and works great. But it has one annoying feature. With no warning after weeks of no problems, the fan starts up (no heat). I have to separate the connection near the unit to override this. It is independent of its control or whether the power controller is on or off. When later reconnecting, all is as it should be.

After a couple of fail to start's, the controller will normally display an error code as to why it failed to start and it will not take a fresh start request until the heater unit is powered down to reset it.
The easy way I have overcome this is I have fitted an on-off switch in the 12v cable that powers the heater unit in an easily accessible place next to my controller.

seanwinder22

Free Member
Jul 1, 2022
Doncaster, UK
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato bessacar
Exp
After a couple of fail to start's, the controller will normally display an error code as to why it failed to start and it will not take a fresh start request until the heater unit is powered down to reset it.
The easy way I have overcome this is I have fitted an on-off switch in the 12v cable that powers the heater unit in an easily accessible place next to my controller.
Did you say you have the 5kwh diesel heater
Also the after burner
How much power does it all take running off grid mate
I’m guessing you have a good battery bank over 300ah
I have just been sent information on the Hcalory Hcao1 which is 5kwh but the guy said it’s got the Bluetooth controller with it to turn off when reaching temps set even a 7 day timer the reviews are very good on it
But uses a lot of power over 120w start up apparently so 5- 9amp but 1-2 amp running once at temps
I’m guessing most 5kwh would be the same
Brilliant while on ehu
But off grid that’s when you need to think if you can actually run everything
But… this new Hcolvery looks the bees

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Did you say you have the 5kwh diesel heater
Also the after burner
How much power does it all take running off grid mate
I’m guessing you have a good battery bank over 300ah
I have just been sent information on the Hcalory Hcao1 which is 5kwh but the guy said it’s got the Bluetooth controller with it to turn off when reaching temps set even a 7 day timer the reviews are very good on it
But uses a lot of power over 120w start up apparently so 5- 9amp but 1-2 amp running once at temps
I’m guessing most 5kwh would be the same
Brilliant while on ehu
But off grid that’s when you need to think if you can actually run everything
But… this new Hcolvery looks the bees

Yes Running our 5Kw Lavaner with the Afterburner controller.
My Lavaner pulls 90 watts, nearer 7 amps when igniting (glow plug and fan running at max rpm), but when running draws less than 1 amp depending on the fan speed.
I have a 280 Ah lithium leisure battery and we were off grid for three and a half days between Xmas and New Year, and with our diesel heater running pretty well 24/7 and with lights, TV, and the other power needs with being off grid, we got down to 63% SOC on the battery, so could have done another couple of days if needed. The weather was crap so we got no solar to help us along.

The Hcalory Hcao1 is a suitcase type affair, so how would you plan to install it on your van?

seanwinder22

Free Member
Jul 1, 2022
Doncaster, UK
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato bessacar
Exp
Yes Running our 5Kw Lavaner with the Afterburner controller.
My Lavaner pulls 90 watts, nearer 7 amps when igniting (glow plug and fan running at max rpm), but when running draws less than 1 amp depending on the fan speed.
I have a 280 Ah lithium leisure battery and we were off grid for three and a half days between Xmas and New Year, and with our diesel heater running pretty well 24/7 and with lights, TV, and the other power needs with being off grid, we got down to 63% SOC on the battery, so could have done another couple of days if needed. The weather was crap so we got no solar to help us along.

The Hcalory Hcao1 is a suitcase type affair, so how would you plan to install it on your van?
Ok brilliant 👍 and and yes it can come portable or not been looking most of the morning £220 a new upgrade apparently on vanlifeuksurvivorguide it’s got a excellent write up due to this Bluetooth controller
It actually mentions the after burner on the write up mentioning no more need to buy a controller seperate
but I don’t dive into a purchase on anything straight away
I like to do some research
But… upto yet this is at the top the reviews are awesome

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Ok brilliant 👍 and and yes it can come portable or not been looking most of the morning £220 a new upgrade apparently on vanlifeuksurvivorguide it’s got a excellent write up due to this Bluetooth controller
It actually mentions the after burner on the write up mentioning no more need to buy a controller seperate
but I don’t dive into a purchase on anything straight away
I like to do some research
But… upto yet this is at the top the reviews are awesome

I take most Youtube reviews from vanlifers with a very large pinch of salt as they have been given these products to review and influence those watching.
Giving reviews stating that a manufactures product is crap will not encourage the manufacturer or other manufacturers that monitor their channels to send them any more of their products to review in the future.

Good luck, but I think that I'm done now.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
One of the downsides is the noise it makes which can annoy your neighbours if you have any. I took one out of a friends van a few years ago and put in a Truma combi as he was fed up of the hassle that he got.
His was not silenced though which I believe is something you can do.
We have been unfortunate to be parked next to mh with eberspacher type diesel heater the noise is really bad .had to wear / sleep with earplugs as they ran it all night .

Jul 22, 2020
Newent, UK
Funster No
MH
Etrusco T6900
Exp
changing a load of things again
agree they stink, I bought one for my garage just for a try. they are just too noisy and also no matter how careful you are with the fuel you can always smell diesel. i will stick to truma.

Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
Just sold
Exp
since 1996
We have the Webasto diesel heater and it's excellent. I didn't fit it, it was factory fitted. They are a bit noisy when you start them up but once the temperature is up to where you want it it is very quiet. Another bonus is that you can run it whilst on the move and it uses hardly any diesel. You also don't have to change gas bottles any where near as often as in our case, we only use gas for hot water and cooking. Thats a big bonus for as as we have a PVC and its a pain to get to the bottle. To be honest I wouldn't buy another van without it.
Oops, going to have to eat my own words! Ordered an Adria Twin 640 SLB in October and on that model Adria do not have a diesel heating option. Must be something to do with the layout as on some other models it is an option. I'l maybe retro fit an Eberspacher or invest in underslung gas cylinders. I don't wan't the hassle of changing gas bottles with a PVC.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back