Did you pack up the big blue IKEA bag..? (1 Viewer)

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
No. It wasnt downstairs with the rest of the stuff.
Hey ho. No bed linen, pillow cases, no towels, no tea towels, etc...! Off to find an IKEA when we move on today.

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Reminds me of a holiday a few years back. My wife at the time had taken charge of washing our holiday clothes and I was sorting the van and our walking kit.

We each had our own piles of holiday clothes, which were put into lockers before we set off.

Come the first day and a planned walk in to the mountains, there was no sign of my favourite 2 pairs of walking trousers. Turns out after washing them, the boss hung them back up in my wardrobe, instead of adding them to the ‘van’ pile. As I’d already emptied my wardrobe of holiday essentials, I never thought to go back and check it.

Good excuse for a spending spree in Fort William :LOL:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Many years ago, My (ex) other half took me too literally when I asked him to empty the van after a trip away.

We arrived at a site miles from home with two young boys and no porta potty.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
We have 2/3 sets of nearly everything in the MH. Bedding towels and includes toiletries, toothbrushes, shampoos etc. Anything but perishables.

When we arrive home anything dirty is washed and immediately put back in the MH. We never seem to have damp problems.

Less chance of forgetting then.

Geoff

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
I mostly specific Motorhome stuff, which lives in there permanently. It means doubles of many things but we are restricted to school holidays and weekends, so we do a lot of short trips and packing every darn thing makes it feel like a lot of work for a couple of nights. My dream is to be able to just pick up my handbag and go.

Jul 25, 2017
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 185
Exp
Since2012
Remember going on weekend trip with motor club. Wife put case etc in bedroom for me to pack. At hotel getting ready for evening meal, wife stood looking for her evening dress. Asked me did I get everything from bedroom , I sad yes, what about the dress on the back of the door. What dress I said! So we all turn up dressed for evening meal with wife in jeans and casual top(not a happy bunny). Funny she always double checks now

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Two friends of mine went beach fishing early one morning. After walking ages to their chosen mark they tackled up and got the freezer bag out containing the mackerel and squid they had brought for bait. Trouble is it contained nothing but a large bag of frozen sprouts.....I bet the journey home was quiet.

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
We forgot the BBQ last year on a long weekend away. We had until then been using the BBQ whilst camping and then taking it out to use it at home, not any more.....

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
I keep taking things out when I’m short in the house. I know I took the kitchen scales and swimsuits out, because the house ones disappeared in the move. I’m bound to end up without barbecue tongs or phone chargers or something key if I carry on like this. And I know I’ve raided all the tonic water out of it. The could be a disaster!!

Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I keep taking things out when I’m short in the house. I know I took the kitchen scales and swimsuits out, because the house ones disappeared in the move. I’m bound to end up without barbecue tongs or phone chargers or something key if I carry on like this. And I know I’ve raided all the tonic water out of it. The could be a disaster!!

I don't understand the phone chargers because the ones for the MH are for cigar sockets and for house with 230v sockets.

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
I mostly specific Motorhome stuff, which lives in there permanently. It means doubles of many things but we are restricted to school holidays and weekends, so we do a lot of short trips and packing every darn thing makes it feel like a lot of work for a couple of nights. My dream is to be able to just pick up my handbag and go.

Yep leave the kids behind

Jan 22, 2019
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Adria PVC
Exp
Rented a few times...now an owner.
I don't understand the phone chargers because the ones for the MH are for cigar sockets and for house with 230v sockets.

Not if you have 230v sockets with built-in USB chargers in your home ......(y);)

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138

We use mainly 240 volts in the MH, so far we're nearly always hooked up for various reasons, so I keep proper chargers in there, as well as cigarette lighter ones in the cab.

Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
We use mainly 240 volts in the MH, so far we're nearly always hooked up for various reasons, so I keep proper chargers in there, as well as cigarette lighter ones in the cab.

Sorry, campsites are out of our horizon.

Anyway, we normally charge both phones and the laptop from 12v when on the move - the B2B gives a good charge rate.

Geoff

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
I think we will do much less camping on sites this year, but there will always be some for family commitments.

It was so handy having the van when we moved. I brought the van along, and the left the removals guys to it. The van had every thing we needed (including the fridge!) and I ended up bringing things into the new house when I hadn’t unpacked something and needed one. I tried to put it all back, but I bet I missed something. The kitchen scales never did turn up. Or my favourite pillow.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
We have 2/3 sets of nearly everything in the MH. Bedding towels and includes toiletries, toothbrushes, shampoos etc. Anything but perishables.

When we arrive home anything dirty is washed and immediately put back in the MH. We never seem to have damp problems.

Less chance of forgetting then.

Geoff
We do the same. Still forget to empty the house fridge occasionally though :D.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Mine are the same as at home ,mains chargers. Use them on hook up or on my inverter.

BUSBY.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Currently my van socks are at home, there seems to be socks everywhere, I must have hundreds of pairs and a few odd.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Years ago when we had the folding camper I was working over the weekend so set the camper up at a local site for Lorraine and Sophie to enjoy the weekend, when I spoke to them on the Friday night they had forgotten towels so I said I’ll nip down as it’s only 20 miles. Two miles from the site I hit a deer and wrote my car off but at least the girls got their towels:):). Since then we’ve kept a set in the van at all times.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
In our tugging days with two young kids, I told the boss I'd packed the fridge meaning I'd put what I wanted in it.
Got to site, boss opened fridge to get some dinner, well there was beer, gin, tonic & wine but no food.
To say I was not very popular would be an understatement.

Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Years ago when we had the folding camper I was working over the weekend so set the camper up at a local site for Lorraine and Sophie to enjoy the weekend, when I spoke to them on the Friday night they had forgotten towels so I said I’ll nip down as it’s only 20 miles. Two miles from the site I hit a deer and wrote my car off but at least the girls got their towels:):). Since then we’ve kept a set in the van at all times.

Do they keep the deer away effectively?

Dec 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
Some years ago, we were packing up to leave a C L. We had a black bag full of rubbish which I duly deposited in the campsite big bin. We also had another black bag containing our dirty laundry. Halfway back home my wife asked why the 'van was smelling badly. Cue a hasty fifty mile return to the campsite to retrieve our laundry from the bin, much to the amusement of the CL owner!

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
The time we go away for a break and remember everything , it will be the first time.. we always forget something , guaranteed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back