Free Member
Apr 17, 2012
bath
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
1 year
I have just tried to book a crossing next june using tesco vouchers and have found out that this offer is only with a car or motorbike ? You can not book a crossing for a motorhome using this crossing with tescos vouchers ,
Just though I would post this to let people know as I was caught out , hopefully I will be able to change my voucher for the tunnel.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I just booked my pando crossing Dover to Calais and I was worried you were going to tell me about an amazing special offer lol

I love the tunnel and when we've gone over in the car before I've always used it. I just can't justify the extra cost for the campervan though.. I was paying £104 return. For the camper they want £210 and I've booked pando for £82

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
did the same earlier in the year, booked DFDS and was the told no way ! lady was very good, cancelled the booking, refunded cash I paid !!
Then did it all again at Eurotunnel, no problem sorted !!
Really surprised that DFDS do not take the vouchers with so many people using them !1 it is their loss !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
It looks like DFDS do not want the motorhome trade, they have trebled the price of last year and would like to know how they can justify that

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I just booked my pando crossing Dover to Calais and I was worried you were going to tell me about an amazing special offer lol

I love the tunnel and when we've gone over in the car before I've always used it. I just can't justify the extra cost for the campervan though.. I was paying £104 return. For the camper they want £210 and I've booked pando for £82
Yes it is quite annoying the huge price difference car to m/h on the tunnel. I'd like to use it but cannot justify the cost.

When I book with them I have to choose the under 4,35m in height & below 10 m in length ,option as I am 2,75m high. As I am only 4,9m long & am paying for up to 10m, can I get away with the trailer for free ?

john kyte

Free Member
Dec 17, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Ex ambulance
Exp
Get away with trailer free?? I doubt it
My brother once went on ferry with hang glider on roof rack of car ,which protruded some 4 feet in front of his front bumper,This space he had to pay for
While loading onto ferry they tried to make him push his car so far forward ,that the 4 feet infront of his car would have been over the boot of car in front of him. This he refused to do ,saying that he had payed for the extra length and was not sharing it with anybody

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Yes it is quite annoying the huge price difference car to m/h on the tunnel. I'd like to use it but cannot justify the cost.

When I book with them I have to choose the under 4,35m in height & below 10 m in length ,option as I am 2,75m high. As I am only 4,9m long & am paying for up to 10m, can I get away with the trailer for free ?

Luckily I am just under the 2.6 (based on some dodgy measuring I did today) and under 5.5 long but they do take the yellow stuff...

Should be total unit length they charge for. But I bet it isn't...

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...

a lot cheaper with frequent traveller scheme that you can now share..have a look at my thread over on France forum

£46 single + £11 motorhome supplement = £114 a return crossing

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I will go look at your thread but I can't raise the necessary to pay out such a huge lump sum...

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Luckily I am just under the 2.6 (based on some dodgy measuring I did today) and under 5.5 long but they do take the yellow stuff...

Should be total unit length they charge for. But I bet it isn't...

what 2.6 ? With Dfds the height is below 2,35m Or below 4,35.
I've gone on as both, by accident & the difference is 44 against 78 pounds & taking exactly the same space.

Get away with trailer free?? I doubt it
My brother once went on ferry with hang glider on roof rack of car ,which protruded some 4 feet in front of his front bumper,This space he had to pay for
While loading onto ferry they tried to make him push his car so far forward ,that the 4 feet infront of his car would have been over the boot of car in front of him. This he refused to do ,saying that he had payed for the extra length and was not sharing it with anybody

I should do as I am paying for "up to 10m " of which I am not using 5,1m ??

john kyte

Free Member
Dec 17, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Ex ambulance
Exp
With Dfds the height is below 2,35m Or below 4,35.
I've gone on as both, by accident & the difference is 44 against 78 pounds & taking exactly the same space.

on a booking that I made recently ,,,my motor being 2.40m the difference was £10 between 2.35 and 4.35
That was a return journey----It seems the prices are all over the place

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back