Sharing tunnel frequent traveller deal (1 Viewer)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I ran a thread elsewhere and a few people including us partnered up to share the Eurotunnel frequent traveller scheme..It works well I think, very convenient, especially as ferry fares seem to be rising...

As we don't travel to Europe as much I stopped buying the 5 return frequent traveller pack and just get show offers on ferries..Thing is I can't stand the ferries. So now that eurotunnel have brought in the facility to share the 5 crossing deal, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in sharing with other members for 2015 (we are sorted). You can split the crossing anyway you want and buy extra single crossings (£46 + £11 camper supplement). Its very flexible dependent on your requirements...

Tunnel details below

http://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/tickets/types/frequent-traveller/

So each car return costs £86 (£420) camper supplement (any size) is £11 per trip. So you want 2 of the 5, send partner a cheque £172. then you're on you own once you get confirmation of your frequent traveller password. When you want to travel you can book either online or by phone, pay the £11(per leg) supplement for camper so works out at £108 per crossing

taken from eurotunnel site: Our Frequent Traveller accounts

Frequent Traveller standard account
Travel for less
Only £43* per car each way
Save up to £250*
Single or NEW joint account available
No registration fee
No annual membership fee
Travel on non-peak dates and times
Peak supplements apply
Min purchase of 10 tickets
Open account

Frequent Traveller Flexiplus account
Do you want more flexibility?
Only £127* per car each way
Save up to £400*
Single or NEW joint account available
No registration fee
No annual membership fee
Travel any time of the day
No peak supplements
Min purchase of 10 tickets
Extra benefits
Flexible arrival and departure times
Priority boarding
Dedicated check-in lane
Exclusive lounge

EDIT: with the basic package I can get a crossing late afternoon or early evening. and return before midday so this flexible enough... if you are always only wanting to go peak times maybe the more expensive package suits but it is expensive, and its going to be more difficult I suspect to find a partner..but like dating you never know......

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Thanks for that Judge, answered my question on the other Tunnel thread. We will probably be using the Tunnel twice next year so it's still a saving for us and even better if we can share with someone.
Do you know if Tesco vouchers can be used in the purchase of the pass?.

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Yes many use Tesco vouchers......considering their prices I reckon it's poor value, and hardly free when you look at what the shopping costs......

Edit: sorry I don't know if you can use with FT schemes

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
I wonder how many can share FT scheme, 2 or 3 people or more. could be interesting.

JUst read the blurrb Individual or joint. by joint I presume only 2

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi, As they last 12 months from date of purchase, If someone wanted to buy 3 returns , I might be interested in the other 2 returns tkts, if bought in say july /august next year as I could then travel in sept next year and june 2016

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
a few people have asked about this so bumping thread..hope thats OK:coffee:

(beat me but don't hate me)

Last edited:

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
You can't use Tesco vouchers to buy the multi tickets - I asked when I booked out latest tunnel crossing. Would certainly be worthwhile if you could.

Denise

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
shop at Lidl/Aldi and save yourselves a bundle, and support your local shops! Tesco is not really free is it lol They operate for the benefit of shareholders not joe public..this what drives them......so called giveaways all built in to their pricing:whistle:

frequent traveller single @ £46 + £11 motorhome supplement (any size) a stonking deal IMO

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
You should also be aware that both parties have access to change / amend crossings and by default card details therefore I would advise that you know the people you are sharing the account with well. It works for us as Dad and I have a joint Euro-tunnel account.

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
You should also be aware that both parties have access to change / amend crossings and by default card details therefore I would advise that you know the people you are sharing the account with well. It works for us as Dad and I have a joint Euro-tunnel account.

I am partnered up with someone on another forum where I posted the scheme last year. We have never meet, I have no idea of his card details and he has no idea of mine... He sent me a cheques for his trips. from then on you're on your own. You book as you see fit with your own card which you need as ID at tunnel anyway, you wont be allowed to travel without it.

obviously an element of trust required re splitting the bookings but I don't see a problem to be honest

extra trip above the 10 singles can be booked at same cost (£46+£11)

Aug 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie bought our first motorhome 7months ago and love it
Buying 10 tickets = 5 return crossings @ £108.00 each?
And you can buy as many as you like?

Just been on the site if the information above is correct anyone want to team up ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Buying 10 tickets = 5 return crossings @ £108.00 each?
And you can buy as many as you like?

thats each return crossing? (£114 actually)

you want 2 or 3 you agree to split accordingly. someone want more you get them at cost...Before I retired we used the 5 returns ourselves. but now 2 or 3 enough. so sharing makes sense for us.....

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
I am partnered up with someone on another forum where I posted the scheme last year. We have never meet, I have no idea of his card details and he has no idea of mine... He sent me a cheques for his trips. from then on you're on your own. You book as you see fit with your own card which you need as ID at tunnel anyway, you wont be allowed to travel without it.

obviously an element of trust required re splitting the bookings but I don't see a problem to be honest

extra trip above the 10 singles can be booked at same cost (£46+£11)

I think we may be on a different Euro-tunnel scheme. I can log on and make bookings for us to travel or for Dad and his wife or both, amend and cancel bookings for either of us, change Dads booking to our details which I did when he was unable to travel with us in June so I transferred his booking to us for end of August. I agree card has to be presented at check in but as I said both cards are registered to the account. Also our fee is £43.00 per crossing just paying extra for trailer/car as toad and pets.

Aug 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki
Exp
Do you have to prebook your crossings at time of purchase?

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
In the one we are in no but you do have to use them within a calendar year.

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Do you have to prebook your crossings at time of purchase?

No.....just agree how you want to split and pay who ever opens the account accordingly. so yo pay up front and book accordingly, summer booking best done in advance if dates set....

yes calendar year. clock starts ticking from when you book.

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
No.....just agree how you want to split and pay who ever opens the account accordingly. so yo pay up front and book accordingly, summer booking best done in advance if dates set....

yes calendar year. clock starts ticking from when you book.

EDIT: If looking for a partner best state how many crossings you want and when you want deal to start from....:)

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
If you can buy more would it be an issue?

not really but if you want more then 4 you might as well book on your own!lol

we split is down the middle as I wanted one single (to pick up new van in germany) & 2 returns for holidays. my partner bought an extra single for his 3 returns. I may well buy 2 more for at trip in new year (ours runs out at Feb half term)

Aug 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki
Exp
Bit gutted really already been 5 times this year bloody ferry and booked a tunnel crossing last week (tesco vouchers) just thought I would give someone the opportunity to save some money

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Bit gutted really already been 5 times this year bloody ferry and booked a tunnel crossing last week (tesco vouchers) just thought I would give someone the opportunity to save some money

Hi TheDentons,
I wanted to share back in october on this thread, but got no take up to share, so have changed our plans for next year and we are now going Brittany ferries in sept, might be interested for 2016 but cant promise.
Terry FIDGET

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Not sure if this has been mentioned already but the tickets only have a 12 month validity so don't buy too early

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Yes timing everything:D

trouble I find on here its such an active forum threads disappear off the front page before members have a chance to see them.. A mixed blessing really

Last edited:
OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I'm bumping this as some channel crossing threads running. Have never payed more than the standard £46 + £11 motorhome supplement (any size) one way.... its a stonking deal IMO. can change crossing as many times as you want, depending on availability, can do it via email or phone...so easy, and what with all these shipping disasters I won't go any other way.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
I'm bumping this as some channel crossing threads running. Have never payed more than the standard £46 + £11 motorhome supplement (any size) one way.... its a stonking deal IMO. can change crossing as many times as you want, depending on availability, can do it via email or phone...so easy, and what with all these shipping disasters I won't go any other way.

May well be too far ahead for you Judge but in 2016 I'll be open to any deal going as we only cross on the tunnel!(y)

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Thanks Bertie...but I fink I'm sorted personally. But maybe in 2016 you never know :). With my health I don't look that far ahead:coffee:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back