device to hold throttle at constant revs (1 Viewer)

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
I seen a you tube video to clean a dpf and the guy used a fancy tool to hold the throttle pedal to specific revs. So when i needed to hold throttle down i dismantled a clamp and reassembled in a different orientation.
clamp1.jpg
clamp2throttleset.jpg

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
The MOT station I use has the same sort of thing to keep the revs steady at the correct RPM for testing the emissions.
Thats odd......mine is tested at idle then one pedal press to max revs....just on then immediately off....at no point is it held in any position

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
the1andonly
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
You use that to regen your dpf ?
Wow
Wouldn't taking it for a drive be a better option ?
No i don't use it for regen, the utube was cleaning out a dpf chemicaly then blasting it out.
My use ,can't remember precisly, was testing something with multiecuscan. just collecting data.

Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
Love it. Cut price cruise control. :)
You may be joking but I used to have a works van, no cruise control but it was limited to 70mph. A carefully cut stick jammed into the door handle and onto the accelerator holding it to the floor worked for me on the motorways 😀

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
The MOT station I use has the same sort of thing to keep the revs steady at the correct RPM for testing the emissions.
I hope not.
Emissions are tested from idle instantly to full throttle for a couple of seconds.
At no point are constant revs tested.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
My old 2012 A6 TDi Auto would not rev in neutral over 2500 revs as this was controlled by the ECU. The tester used to write "not able to test".

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back