LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Ours come together from sides and only stay together if magnetic catches are together or else they spring back.

I'm looking at one of these. I reckon, fitted towards the bottom of the windscreen it would enable me to close the blinds. It seems narrow in profile.

For some reason the link doesn't work. Have a a look at an Ausdom 170AD (or derivatives) from Amazon.

Dare_Devil_Dennis

Free Member
Apr 22, 2017
Derby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I have a 512GW fitted at the bottom of the windscreen. Fiat x290 cab, Remis blinds. The camera slides easily out of it's GPS windscreen mount to draw the blinds across. They include a suction mount and an adhesive mount as alternatives on this model. The adhesive mount has a much lower profile, but is single use only so be sure of where you want to put it before sticking it on. Also, clean the glass area thoroughly before sticking it on.
Bought mine in Costco, About £100.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
I have 4 from Jaws a funster.
1st class very very good value
Before some smartar--- says anything
The 4 are all on different vehicles

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I have 4 from Jaws a funster.
1st class very very good value
Before some smartar--- says anything
The 4 are all on different vehicles
Yip, using Jaws cam today. Working great.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
I used one of these for about three years now its gps logger as well

was going to load a clip but cant seem to get it on here definition is exceptional

Last edited:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I'm looking at one of these. I reckon, fitted towards the bottom of the windscreen it would enable me to close the blinds. It seems narrow in profile.

For some reason the link doesn't work. Have a a look at an Ausdom 170AD (or derivatives) from Amazon.

Just arrived at Chez Emmit is an Auscom 170 (bit misleading that bit. It's only got a 110 deg arc)

It's a very neat TINY!!! piece of kit that I've formatted and installed towards the bottom of the screen.
The concertina blinds go nowhere near the unit, even with it sloping away from the windscreen, so, for those who have the blinds fitted it's a good choice.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I have one, still in its box, as it has been for a very long time. Thinking I must get around to fitting it soon. Do people generally have them running all the time, or do some of you only turn it on if you think you're going to see something interesting?
It's primary purpose is an insurance claim aid, not a scenery recorder (though that can be useful)
Most take a short while to boot and whatever you thought may be interesting recording will in all events probably be missed by the time its booted and starts recording.
Most have at least a couple of hours record capability, depending on SD card size, and once the card is full it over-writes the oldest recording so no reason not to leave it switched on.
Mine is wired to be constantly on until the vehicle is locked and turns on again when unlocked.

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
I bought a GitUp 2 action camera that I can use as a dash cam ( G sensor, etc just like a dedicated dash cam) and as a video camera for holidays or on my bike for safety ( mad car drivers nearly knocking you off because they give you no room, overtake on blind bends) as well as the scenic views!

Hollyhotdog

Free Member
Jul 9, 2017
Diss
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
Next base gets a thumbs up from me , as for the issue with magnetic catches on the screen covers not closing I disconnect web cam and just leave the suction cup on the screen . Works for me !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back