DAB Antenna (1 Viewer)

Sep 4, 2020
Chester
Funster No
MH
Hymer S630
Exp
Since 2018
Well we have an A class so difficult to get good grounding with any others but have had good results with an external glass mount aerial which came with a fairly long lead and not had any signal issues yet. The below link is the one we bought but the website itself gives some good information on the different types and capabilities

<Broken link removed>

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Has anyone any advice to offer for the best antenna for a DAB radio in a coachbuilt
motorhome? I do not want to have a windscreen mounted one as they are not very good in my experience albeit short. I would prefer a roof top antenna and capable of having a longish cable.
Until I can be bothered to make one, I am using a mag mount I got from Halfords
All the commercial ones are a poor compromise.
The centre frequency of DAB transmitters is about 200 megs
A quarter wave at 200 megs is roughly 35cms.. but you try and find one that long !!
All the ones I have seen are far shorter and are more suitable for use as a quarter wave at 600 megs !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 17, 2017
Ardrossan
Funster No
MH
Burstner Brevio T646
Exp
Nov 2016
Click to view larger image and other views
Move over photo to zoom
Have one to sell? Sell it yourself

Shop with confidence​

eBay Money Back Guarantee
Get the item you ordered or your money back. Learn more- eBay Money Back Guarantee - opens in new window or tab

Seller information​

carmotorecshopp (1166
Red star icon for Feedback score between 1,000 to 4,999
)
99.8% Positive Feedback

Contact seller
<Broken link removed>
See other items

Registered as a business seller

DAB FM/AM CAR ANTENNA AERIAL ARIEL SPLITTER DIGITAL RADIO + AMPLIFIER UK​

Condition:
New

Multi-buy:
Buy 1
£18.99 each

Buy 2
£18.04 each

Quantity:
3 or more for £17.09 each

6 available45 sold /

Unit price:
£18.99 each

Broken Link Removed

Add to basket

Watch this item

100% buyer satisfaction
Click & Collect
40 watchers

Voucher
Pay only £13.99 []

Collection:
Click & Collect - Select store at checkout.

Postage:
Free Economy Delivery |

Item location:
Leicestershire, United Kingdom

Posts to:
United Kingdom

Delivery:
Dispatched within 1 day

Estimated on or before Tue. 29 Dec. to KA227NQ

Payments:
PayPal
Mastercard
Visa
Maestro
American Express

PayPal Credit
Get more time to pay.

Returns:
30 days refund, buyer pays return postage |

Sorry bit of technophobe but fitted one of these on fibre glass / resin area of bessacarr and worked a treat bit of a fiddle running cables but well worth it. Comes in both plug systems for dab to suit whatever your head unit is.

Jan 9, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Am I right in thinking that dab radios consume a lot of power? I know our kitchen on gets quite warm when turned on. Also, I get a battery discharge warning when trying to run the car radio with the engine off.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Has anyone any advice to offer for the best antenna for a DAB radio in a coachbuilt
motorhome? I do not want to have a windscreen mounted one as they are not very good in my experience albeit short. I would prefer a roof top antenna and capable of having a longish cable.

Strangely, today I have just finished fitting an active Shark fin aerial to our Coachbuilt. Not saying it's good, but I was picking up the playlist from the International Space Station.

If you search DAB aerial on our username you should find several posts I have done above DAB reception.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Am I right in thinking that dab radios consume a lot of power? I know our kitchen on gets quite warm when turned on. Also, I get a battery discharge warning when trying to run the car radio with the engine off.

The power cables to our Pioneer DAB radio are very thin, not measured it accurately, but I'd guess at about 1 or 2A

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
I remember the survivalists getting upset when DAB looked like being the only radio transmitted in the UK. A DAB radio is basically a computer and consumes more power than a simple LW, MW or FM radio, they were worried about all those folk hiding under a mattress propped up on a door while waiting for the bomb to drop. The DAB radios would quickly run out of battery so we would not be able to listen to the Civil Defence broadcasts.

Jan 9, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I remember the survivalists getting upset when DAB looked like being the only radio transmitted in the UK. A DAB radio is basically a computer and consumes more power than a simple LW, MW or FM radio, they were worried about all those folk hiding under a mattress propped up on a door while waiting for the bomb to drop. The DAB radios would quickly run out of battery so we would not be able to listen to the Civil Defence broadcasts.
I remember those! Doing a bit of research it seems it's on average about 7w.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back