Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
I bought a couple of small sized electric folding bikes a few months back from a company in the midlands, that I know a lot of Funsters have also had dealings with. We don’t use the bikes much, but after about 2 months the pedal assist on one of the bikes stopped working

The supplier thought that the pedal crank sensor was the likely culprit and sent one, that I fitted, to no avail. They then collected and repaired the bike. Two months or so later, we are in Spain, and the same fault has developed again. I reported this to the supplier about a week ago. Today the second bike has also developed the same problem, so we are left with two electrically assisted bikes, that are not

I post this to ask if any other Funsters have had this or similar problem with these bikes. If so please would you be kind enough to click on my avatar and start a conversation with me

I would be happy if no one replied to this message, on the open forum, and used a private conversation to discuss the matter

TIA

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
We might have the same bikes. Bought 2 no problems so far in fact they are great. A couple of times the cables have separated on the electric side when unfolding my fault. Just pushed them back together. Could this be a problem as there are a couple of joints that could be loose and bike won’t work. Just a thought

Jan 27, 2019
Teesside
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
Since 2016
Check the battery connector (if it’s a removable battery) is making good contact, clean the terminals with an ear bud and alcohol. My Ebike and a friends suffered this, it was fixed after the connectors where cleaned.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
You don't have a little magnet clamped on a back wheel spoke with a receiver, cable tied to the chain arm do you ? Our leccy bikes have this and if it gets slightly out of line (If the bike falls over for example), it stops the assist working.
20210924_184628.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back