Current situation on the ground in Spain? (1 Viewer)

Aug 13, 2017
Funster No
May be travelling down to the Jerez area in early October. What can we expect by way of welcome from the locals and what are the rules as regards Covid and social distancing please? Anyone on the ground in the deep south with a finger on the pulse?

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I doubt that the locals would be worried about you ?
there is a form to fill in entering the country from France but most have no idea it exists & no one asks. The new daily cases are in the tens of 000's but the majority are symptomless & many showing they have had it without knowing.Masks are mandatory anywhere .gloves in any shop/market & sanitiser along with 1,5m distancing.
that's now ,in a months time who knows?

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
No different to the welcome you always get šŸ‘ masks worn everywhere except when sitting in a restaurant or bar and hand sanitisation pump when you go in. Enjoy šŸ˜Ž

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 12, 2019
Tyneside-Cadiz: All points between!
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Years Tugging - Newbie MHing
The Spanish neighbors are brilliant though obviously concerned. It's the few Brits we have found to be very obnoxious regarding anyone coming into town and even demanding any one who has the temerity to travel to their own home should self isolate for 14 days before joining the community!

That's a small town 47km from Jerez. So far I have agreed to isolate from them, as I always try to do anyway. :LOL:

Mainly NIMBYs who have 2-3 years experience of the culture and are now experts. As I traveled down I have found only genuine welcome everywhere!

Come on down!

OP
OP
I
Aug 13, 2017
Funster No
Thanks for the comments and the re assurances!

May 10, 2018
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
MH newbie but we owned a caravan previously.
We're heading down soon. This FCS entry form thing for Spain. Obviously we're not flying into an airport in our motorhome so how do you fill it out? I know it's unlikely that it will be needed but nice to have completed documents just in case. Or is there another form I need to unearth?

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
We're heading down soon. This FCS entry form thing for Spain. Obviously we're not flying into an airport in our motorhome so how do you fill it out? I know it's unlikely that it will be needed but nice to have completed documents just in case. Or is there another form I need to unearth?
We've been in and out of France and Spain the last week . Didn't know anything about it. No border checks at most places anyway. Drove past one police check point on one border crossing and waved right through. If everyone crossing from France to Spain had to hand in a form there would be gridlock

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
I've heard that some of the region's have now placed travel restrictions including passing through to another region unless you are returning home. I believe this includes the province around Irun which is the the entry point for the west coast route through France.
Worth checking before setting off from the UK.
Cheers
Ed

May 12, 2019
Tyneside-Cadiz: All points between!
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Years Tugging - Newbie MHing
My understanding is that you can still transit all of the provinces, though you should attempt to do so without stopping or at least not overnighting. It seems to be mainly the major towns that are fully locked down. For example, you can transit the Burgos province but it seems the town itself is locked down, there is a ring road of course.

I believe that you will still be able to enter at Irun and transit south, but I'd avoid any major towns. Apparently, even though Madrid city is difficult there are no restrictions in transiting on the main roads through the area and if you are 20 miles or so away from the city centre even the hotels etc are open, so obviously, no issues stopping in those areas.

I'm getting my info from a couple of sources, including my English neighbour in Andalusia who is keeping me abreast of changes around the country - but things are changing quickly (they want to put in a new state of Alarm) so I'm just a messenger! YMMV.

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
Just back from a run down to Valencia. Catalunya region ordered all restaurants and bars to close on 16th Oct but Valencia region still open for business. Very high level of compliance re masks, etc everywhere in my experience, so felt quite secure. Campsites seem to be around 20% occupancy so no problem in stopping anywhere. I read something yesterday suggesting that Valencia was considering imposing a curfew but can't find the source now.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
The Valensia including Costa Blanc's curfew began this morning.
It's midnight to 6am, with a few more restrictions on bars / restaurants. Due to run till December 9th.
These are the new Villasol bar rules
IMG_20201024_224156.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back