Curing Cold Feet with Heated Socks (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Lizbiebrowne

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2020
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2019.
My wife suffers badly from cold feet in the winter. I'm looking to buy her a pair of electrically heated socks powered off rechargeable batteries, preferably from a USB socket so they can be recharged in the van. Does anyone have any recommendations?

jolly

Free Member
Aug 17, 2021
Funster No
MH
hymer
Exp
Never heard of that. Something I might look into. I have been wearing fluffy socks and Ugg slippers to keep feet warm

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Consider heated insoles rather than socks. I have Therm-ic insoles in a couple of pairs of boots and swap the Bluetooth/ iPhone controlled batteries around to suit -insoles are relatively inexpensive, it’s the batteries that cost. I was out in Serbia and Hungary in the depths of winter with toasty feet while a colleague with heated socks gave up and had to head back to the vehicle to warm up. IMHO heated insoles win over socks every time.

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
I have suffered with cramp in feet and legs for a very long time. During the colder weather I simply wore thicker socks or my walking socks in the motorhome but recently I had a very bad sesion of cramps. The GP has now put me on Qunine Sulphate tablets.
I have heard of heated boots but not socks. Maybe this would be worth looking into.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
VW
Exp
Since 2017
Consider heated insoles rather than socks. I have Therm-ic insoles in a couple of pairs of boots and swap the Bluetooth/ iPhone controlled batteries around to suit -insoles are relatively inexpensive, it’s the batteries that cost. I was out in Serbia and Hungary in the depths of winter with toasty feet while a colleague with heated socks gave up and had to head back to the vehicle to warm up. IMHO heated insoles win over socks every time.
This.

Search for motorcycle heated insoles, lots of choice.

OP
OP
L

Lizbiebrowne

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2020
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2019.
I have suffered with cramp in feet and legs for a very long time. During the colder weather I simply wore thicker socks or my walking socks in the motorhome but recently I had a very bad sesion of cramps. The GP has now put me on Qunine Sulphate tablets.
I have heard of heated boots but not socks. Maybe this would be worth looking in

My wife's feet are cold even when sitting in the house so I wanted socks she could be wearing all the time and put shoes/boots on over the top when going out. If there's any fussing around with pads or the like it's likely she won't use them.

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
My wife suffers badly from cold feet in the winter. I'm looking to buy her a pair of electrically heated socks powered off rechargeable batteries, preferably from a USB socket so they can be recharged in the van. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Lots of lots of Brownie points to be earned here Lizbiebrowne .. put her feet in your crotch and vigourly rub them like you really really do luv her...
If you don't those ice cold feet will attack you in bed.. 🤣🤣

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Just check out the reviews first as my wife bought me some socks from Amazon last year that worked great for the first few recharges, then the batteries failed. I looked up the reviews and the majority were saying the same and no joy from the seller.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Like Oldrat said, motorcycle kit has been around for a long time and is usually very robust.👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back