Cross Country Skiing - anyone?

Discussion in 'General Skiing Chat' started by Armytwowheels, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +12,268
    Has anyone tried one of the forms of cross country skiing - Classic, Skating or Back Country.

Mrs @Jenben and I have tried our hand at the classic cross country style and I must admit to being a bit hooked. However, boy is it hard work. I have got achy bits where I didn't even know I had bits. :Eeek:

• Like it Like it x 1
  2. Ridgeway

Ridgeway Funster

Ratings:
    +1,123
    We usually go a few times a year as neither of us are keen on downhill. Classic is the way 90% of people ski unless you're super fit and then skating is possible, but i mean really super fit. The guys here that skate usually start practising around Nov on long inline roller blades just to get their fitness up.

For the rest of us mere mortals bumbling along on the trails is a lot of fun with a small day sack, a flask and a dog or 2. Skijoring is also fun although only one of ours is capable and even then not for too long and best left for the children...

It is a most enjoyable way to enjoy a morning but as you said it's hard work.

• Like it Like it x 1
  3. Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +12,268
    I had to look skijoring up - would have to get a bigger dog to take part in that sport. This one would rather play with a pinecone!
    20190110_162859.jpg