Cross Country Skiing - anyone? (1 Viewer)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Has anyone tried one of the forms of cross country skiing - Classic, Skating or Back Country.

Mrs @Jenben and I have tried our hand at the classic cross country style and I must admit to being a bit hooked. However, boy is it hard work. I have got achy bits where I didn't even know I had bits. :Eeek:

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
We usually go a few times a year as neither of us are keen on downhill. Classic is the way 90% of people ski unless you're super fit and then skating is possible, but i mean really super fit. The guys here that skate usually start practising around Nov on long inline roller blades just to get their fitness up.

For the rest of us mere mortals bumbling along on the trails is a lot of fun with a small day sack, a flask and a dog or 2. Skijoring is also fun although only one of ours is capable and even then not for too long and best left for the children...

It is a most enjoyable way to enjoy a morning but as you said it's hard work.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I had to look skijoring up - would have to get a bigger dog to take part in that sport. This one would rather play with a pinecone!
20190110_162859.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthy

Free Member
Mar 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
I tried to ski two times. For the first time, I even liked it. The next time we set the task - to go through the big track. It turned out that the track very often goes in waves. Down it was nice)) I was able to climb up standing on skis only three times. I had to use an extreme remedy to feel my legs again that evening - https://provacan.co.uk/cbd-eliquid/ I love watching ski competitions on TV, but decided for myself that I will NEVER try to this torture's instrument again.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Used to telemark with daughter , but now skis are up in garage rafters , and she plays Ice Hockey ! :)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Eldest son did cross country skiing when he was in the army - loved it

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony221

Free Member
May 30, 2019
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2001
Nah, I am out of this man, after my last ride I was injured on 3 months. Now I prefer only safe kinds of spending time. For example, I and my friends were here, and we have enjoyed a lot. Sad, because this knee always hurt me and I can not do much as doctors. Hope, that you guys will be more safe than me;)

Bonkers the Dog

Free Member
Nov 9, 2018
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2 yrs
Cross country skiing? Did it in Canada, finland and Scotland.

Like jogging with planks strapped to your hoofs instead of trainers!

Hardest sport I've ever tried...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back