LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
I think that I have persuaded SWMBO to go to Alsace last year, repeating a wonderful holiday that we had many years ago when we were on The Dark Side as caravanners :) It is many years since I have driven abroad and so I am already starting to research the many regulations that have sprung up in the intervening period. We may wish to take in Paris on the way and so I have looked into applying for a Crit'air sticker. The website says that you have to provide the emissions data from the V5C. Mine is blank, so what do I do? All I can think of is (a) getting the emissions data from Peugeot (although it may have changed since Auto-Sleepers bunged a big caravan on the base chassis!) and (b) obtaining a letter from DVLA to say that the figure is not required to be shown on the V5C of a motorhome, as it is not re-tested post-conversion. What has your experience been? I don't want to end up here:

Prison.JPG

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
You're massively over complicating it.

Fill in the form with the info you have, anything you don't know leave the box blank. Send a scan of your V5 in with it.

That's all I did and the sticker turned up with no issues. The emissions figure is one of the things I left blank.

If your van is relatively new it will be Euro4, 5 or 6 by default which is what the zones are based on and is all they're interested in so the actual emissions figure is irrelevant.

Anyway, you want to take a motorhome into Paris? Are you insane?

OP
OP
Stretto Boy

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
You're massively over complicating it.

Fill in the form with the info you have, anything you don't know leave the box blank. Send a scan of your V5 in with it.

That's all I did and the sticker turned up with no issues. The emissions figure is one of the things I left blank.

If your van is relatively new it will be Euro4, 5 or 6 by default which is what the zones are based on and is all they're interested in so the actual emissions figure is irrelevant.

Anyway, you want to take a motorhome into Paris? Are you insane?

Thank you, that's very helpful indeed. I have a new van, which is Euro 6. I was thinking I might take some evidence of that with me, just in case I'm stopped, but it then occurred to me that the AdBlue tank ought to be the only evidence I need :)

I certainly won't be going into central Paris. When we go to London we stay at Abbey Wood and catch the train in. I was hoping to do something similar in Paris, if I can find a site on the outskirts. If the site is outside the area where I need a sticker then so much the better. I feel happier having a sticker as it gives me a bit of flexibility and may save the day if my satnav takes me into Paris. :)

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Agree with @NickNic (y)..... I filled out what I could and attached a scan of my V5, they took what they needed from that and sent my sticker straight out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I have just about given up with this critter air crap. So back in April 4 I signed up, sent my docs, and got a email back with receipt and temporary sticker. Proper sticker promised in mail! Anyway then went away until beginning of July and finally realised that the certificate sticker whatever had not arrived. On the website it says sticker being processed and will arrive soon even as of today. So I email and ask where it is. They come back and say it was sent April 8th. Anyway to cut a long story short they ask for a multitude of stuff, bank statements, the invoice a letter saying it has not arrived, V5 again, and bank details to refund E4.8!!!!! So I say look I have not got it why not just send a duplicate. Now I am in the bloody hamster wheel and cannot get off! I cannot find how I paid, was it CC or debit card I dont know. How did you pay?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I have a new van, which is Euro 6. I was thinking I might take some evidence of that with me, just in case I'm stopped, but it then occurred to me that the AdBlue tank ought to be the only evidence I need

As long as you have the correct sticker for the zone you're in nobody is going to care. The sticker has your registration number on it so that's all anyone is going to check. No-one is going to pull you over to carry out an emissions check on the side of the road or question whether you should have the sticker or not.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back