Covid Travel Requirements for France and Spain (1 Viewer)

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
Does anyone know the current precice requirememnts for travel via Eurotunnel to France, then over the border to Spain and return to the UK using the reverse route?

What do you need to get into France and what is the time frame for it?

What do you then need to cross the border into Spain and again the time frame requirements?

What do you need to cross the border back into France and time frame?

What do you need to board Eurotunnel to return to the UK please?

What is required to enter the UK?

What is the best way of getting PCR or Antogen/Lateral Flow tests in UK/France/Spain, as might be required, and where from please?

Thanking you all in anticipation.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Can't help but would also like to know, in another thread it says you won't need to test to come back, but what about going?

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
To enter France at the moment.
Provide a completed ‘sworn statement’ (déclaration sur l’honneur) form (In advice below)

All travelers, vaccinated or not, must initially present a negative test (PCR or antigen test) of less than 24 hours.

No test requirement to enter Spain, but if travelling by air or sea you need to fill out a health control form (In advice below)

Uk require a 2 day lateral flow test up to Feb 10th arrivals then No test required to return to UK from 4 am Feb 11th, but still need to complete Passenger locator Form (in advice below)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Alot of questions there!!
The problem is it's changing all the time,best to keep an eye on the gov website and sign up for the latest updates. I recheck everything a week before I travel.
Good luck it's a minefield but getting easier.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
We are travelling over to France next week to visit our son and his family and he has flagged up some interesting requirements even though the testing has been dropped.

Travel insurance, specifically repatriation costs, must be covered and proof of the ability to finance your stay or evidence of pre-booked accommodation. We shall be staying with him and in respect of that he has to apply to his Maire for permission to have us stay with him, cost 30Euros.

This is an extract of the email he sent:-

1. A passport, issued less than 9 years and 9 months ago

Make sure your passport has an issue date of 21st May 2012 or later.

2. A valid visa

You qualify for a visa waiver, so no paperwork required here

3. Proof of accommodation covering the whole of your stay.

You have accommodation for the first night (I'll get a booking confirmation number/email from the hotel)

After that you are staying with us, but we have not applied for the certificate which says you're staying here. We need to send a lot of paperwork to the town hall for them to verify that our house and financial means are suitable to have visitors from overseas. They want 3 months of payslips, last income tax bill, proof of house size, proof of rental/ownership, proof of address, passport details of visitors and 30€. They have the right to visit the house and inspect before and during your stay. They also have the right to refuse the certificate. It can take up to 2 months to appeal a refusal where the default position is refusal if they don't respond to your appeal.

**The alternative is for you to say you are planning on paying for hotels as you travel and you have 120€ per day of financial means to pay for that (per traveller).**

4. A return ticket, or financial means to buy one.

A given...

5. Medical insurance, including repatriation costs.

The EHIC card covers medical needs in France, but won't cover repatriation costs if you become seriously unwell or injured.

Standard travel insurance should be less than £100 for both of you to cover repatriation and the other basics (single trip insurance).

Having said all that, it appears that a vanishingly small number of people arriving from the UK have ever been asked for any proof of accommodation, financial means, or medical insurance. Proof of financial means is as easy as a credit card or bank statement with a big enough balance.

Brexit, don't you just love it...

Here is the link he sent, a website I had never seen before:- https://france-visas.gouv.fr/en/web/France-visas/your-arrival-in-france

I have travelled all over the world in my career but have never found it to be as complicated as it is now!

Apr 10, 2018
Gt Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hobby T500
Exp
10 yrs
We are travelling over to France next week to visit our son and his family and he has flagged up some interesting requirements even though the testing has been dropped.

Travel insurance, specifically repatriation costs, must be covered and proof of the ability to finance your stay or evidence of pre-booked accommodation. We shall be staying with him and in respect of that he has to apply to his Maire for permission to have us stay with him, cost 30Euros.

This is an extract of the email he sent:-

1. A passport, issued less than 9 years and 9 months ago

Make sure your passport has an issue date of 21st May 2012 or later.

2. A valid visa

You qualify for a visa waiver, so no paperwork required here

3. Proof of accommodation covering the whole of your stay.

You have accommodation for the first night (I'll get a booking confirmation number/email from the hotel)

After that you are staying with us, but we have not applied for the certificate which says you're staying here. We need to send a lot of paperwork to the town hall for them to verify that our house and financial means are suitable to have visitors from overseas. They want 3 months of payslips, last income tax bill, proof of house size, proof of rental/ownership, proof of address, passport details of visitors and 30€. They have the right to visit the house and inspect before and during your stay. They also have the right to refuse the certificate. It can take up to 2 months to appeal a refusal where the default position is refusal if they don't respond to your appeal.

**The alternative is for you to say you are planning on paying for hotels as you travel and you have 120€ per day of financial means to pay for that (per traveller).**

4. A return ticket, or financial means to buy one.

A given...

5. Medical insurance, including repatriation costs.

The EHIC card covers medical needs in France, but won't cover repatriation costs if you become seriously unwell or injured.

Standard travel insurance should be less than £100 for both of you to cover repatriation and the other basics (single trip insurance).

Having said all that, it appears that a vanishingly small number of people arriving from the UK have ever been asked for any proof of accommodation, financial means, or medical insurance. Proof of financial means is as easy as a credit card or bank statement with a big enough balance.

Brexit, don't you just love it...

Here is the link he sent, a website I had never seen before:- https://france-visas.gouv.fr/en/web/France-visas/your-arrival-in-france

I have travelled all over the world in my career but have never found it to be as complicated as it is now!
Brexit a damn pain. I’m sure that many of those who voted for it wern aware of the consequences. Farage, Johnson et al told lies.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back