COVID Documents for travel to Spain (1 Viewer)

Chris CM

Free Member
Jan 28, 2019
S.E.Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL PVC
Exp
Since 2015
Does anyone know if it is necessary to complete any forms re your COVID status for the Spanish authorities when arriving by ferry. According to our Government website it is necessary when flying into Spain, either by form or App but there is no information re ferries.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
You can sign up with the UK government site for updates as they are issued.

They email them to you whenever Spain changes its mind about something.

This is from the last email I received:-

Testing/screening on arrival
On arrival, travellers entering Spain from the UK will not be required to self-isolate.

However, you will be subject to the following three requirements:

• Provide the Spanish Ministry of Health with contact information and any history of exposure to COVID-19, 48 hours prior to travel. You can do this on the Spain Travel Health website or downloadable app. It is mandatory for all passengers travelling to Spain to fill out and sign the online form associated with your trip, regardless of your nationality or residency status. On completion, you will be issued a personal and non-transferable QR code which you must show (electronically or hardcopy) at airport health controls on arrival
  • Temperature check
  • Undergo a visual health assessment
Anyone who presents symptoms or fails one of the above requirements will be seen by a health professional.

OP
OP
Chris CM

Chris CM

Free Member
Jan 28, 2019
S.E.Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL PVC
Exp
Since 2015
Yes, aware of this but if you go into the App for instance, it only works for flight arrivals, requiring flight number etc. The Spanish website only refers to flight arrivals so I don’t see how you can submit the form to get your QR code? Perhaps some other funsters have recently travelled to Spain by ferry and can advise. I’ve tried phoning Brittany Ferries but their phones appear to be disconnected!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Does anyone know if it is necessary to complete any forms re your COVID status for the Spanish authorities when arriving by ferry. According to our Government website it is necessary when flying into Spain, either by form or App but there is no information re ferries.
They will issue them on the ferry if you are using Brittany..Nothing needed if driving in from France.BUSBY.

OP
OP
Chris CM

Chris CM

Free Member
Jan 28, 2019
S.E.Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL PVC
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks Busby, we’re hopefully going to Spain from Plymouth next Sunday, just waiting till Friday to book just in case there is some change in the rules which might mean we lose of our fare!

Dave dB

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2018
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey AA665
Exp
I'm a newbie March 2018

Dave dB

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2018
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey AA665
Exp
I'm a newbie March 2018
Thanks Busby, we’re hopefully going to Spain from Plymouth next Sunday, just waiting till Friday to book just in case there is some change in the rules which might mean we lose of our fare!
Hi Chris, just arrived back from Spain via Euro Tunnel. Like you when leaving to go there back in July tried to fill out the form on IPhone which did not like the app then so used a Android. Apparently where it says flight number or carrier you would put in Brittney Ferry and it excepts it. With Euro tunnel we were checked by both UK and French border control but no asking for the Spanish requirements there as we may have been in transit to other EU country. When I got to the Spanish border using motorway tags again Non stop. When I arrived at Almeria and mentioned it to a local they did say if you do get stopped it may be asked for. Heads up, UK plated vehicles were being stopped more by the Guardia Civil for some reason, may be if you have residency there you can get fined upto 2000 euros driving on UK plates. Hope the above helps. Enjoy

Escapists

Free Member
Jul 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 2016
We are getting the ferry to Santander next Sunday too. There is a form to complete on the Brittany ferries website that I have printed out

• Informative
Reactions: f6c
Apr 26, 2016
South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur LVX 9
Exp
since 2000
Why would anyone take the risk of crossing into different countries of the world,
unless your trip is absolutely necessary,
we have a World pandemic doing the rounds across most countries
we need to act with responsibility and stay in our own country
to allow the world health authorities to get this fatal disease under control
we can only enjoy out future holidays, if we are actually here to go on them
I am no killjoy,
just do not see the need to take unnecessary risks with ones health
and possibly put at risk other total strangers too.

Nov 21, 2010
Newark
Funster No
MH
hightop camper
Exp
15 years
We are booked on the tunnel in early January 2021. Not had any notification of what to do to travel to Almeria. Have signed up for Gov emails. We also have a dog with the usual blue pet passport.
Going for health reasons.

Parapilot

Free Member
Dec 29, 2015
Whiston
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
6 years
Why would anyone take the risk of crossing into different countries of the world,
I am no killjoy,
Your argument is invalid since the virus is in every country already. I've been in 16 countries this year, only been back in UK for a week (for MoT's and stuff) and can't wait to escape - for exactly the reason that I don't want to take unnecessary risks with my health. Too many people in UK aren't acting responsibly and I'd rather be in places where everyone takes full precautions as I do. I've not put any strangers at risk.
PS - I live full time in my motorhome so not technically going on holiday.
Hope the UK gets it's act together before I have to come back.

Dave dB

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2018
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey AA665
Exp
I'm a newbie March 2018
We are booked on the tunnel in early January 2021. Not had any notification of what to do to travel to Almeria. Have signed up for Gov emails. We also have a dog with the usual blue pet passport.
Going for health reasons.
Like you we went to Almeria under the umbrella of essential travel without going into private reasons why, going in the Motorhome via the Euro tunnel were no one is allowed to leave their vehicles made this the safer way to meet out needs. That said, we were also signed upto the FCO travel advice site for Spain. Due to ever changing situations not just in the UK but Spain as well, keep a close eye on the Almeria site as well. While there as it’s not so built up as Madrid etc the area was very clearly on top making sure people wear masks even in cars all of which have been in place for some time there. Stay safe totally understand reasons why you would like to go.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I am no killjoy,
If your advice had been acted last Feb I would have agreed but by April Covid was everywhere..Don't thing Camper behaviour being as we virtually self isolate will make it worse.BUSBY.

OP
OP
Chris CM

Chris CM

Free Member
Jan 28, 2019
S.E.Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL PVC
Exp
Since 2015
We are getting the ferry to Santander next Sunday too. There is a form to complete on the Brittany ferries website that I have printed out
Thanks, have now found it and printed out, we may see you on board though our intention is to spend most of the time in our cabin, going to invest in a large 4 berth outside cabin to make it more bearable!

Apr 10, 2019
Funster No
MH
Coach-built
Exp
Since 2012
It's a simple form. I would just download it from the government website, complete and take it anyway.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
After watching ( mainly young ) idiots dancing in the streets of Liverpool last night I can’t wait to get to Spain where they obey the rules.
Mitch.
But they don't, they were protesting in Madrid yesterday re the lock down there, hundreds of folks out protesting.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Yes but they are only affecting themselves, no one else as no one is allowed in for any reason nor are any allowed out to infect the rest.
It's still the same as Liverpool, but it still causes the covid virus to spread.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No

Catalonia to shut bars and restaurants for 15 days from Friday

Apr 9, 2015
🇵🇹
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Every day a schoolday
We came over with Brittany Ferries (Plymouth-Bilbao) 28th September. If you can’t print out their own forms off the website, they had them available at the check-in booths. I’d be tempted to stick with the ferry company’s own forms, as ours was actually read/checked and it may be that the uk government form doesn’t meet the same criteria and therefore may cause you a delay on disembarkation. We also had our temperatures taken before disembarking. Masks had to be worn at all times when on board except when seated to eat/drink and there was plenty of hand sanitiser everywhere.
Hope that helps?

Reactions: CJS
Sep 26, 2018
Uk Suffolk, Spain Terrazas de la Torre.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick xl
Exp
I’m a newbi
After watching ( mainly young ) idiots dancing in the streets of Liverpool last night I can’t wait to get to Spain where they obey the rules.
Mitch.
Like 35 Spanish families crowding around a small swimming pool, take off those rose coloured glasses, the Spanish have their numptys like everywhere else

Oct 21, 2017
Funster No
Nobody has asked us for any documentation apart from passsports at Eurotunnel.
We feel safer here in Spain than in the UK.
Today’s action from the beach!
4139D8A5-1DB2-4570-9CCE-F7E02D878838.png

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
England is probably the least safest place to be right now. Spain, well they seem to take no prisoners and dont mess about. A lot seems to be the respect that the Spanish have for the pro active manner in which the authorities are dealing with it. (Police)

Everywhere there will be idiots who disregard those around them and show no respect for the wellbeing of others. It just seems that we have a majority of them over here. Some people can't even grasp wearing a mask in a shop over here, how would they get on in spain having to wear a mask everywhere? Clueless.

Spain is a good option as far as I'm concerned and as others have said, how much more socially distant and self isolated can you be when in the moho?

The student population over here are supposedly our future responsible adults......covid is never going away with their attitude....shameful, and if one of my kids was acting like that, they'd get a good hiding......a politically correct or not !

Twogirls

Free Member
Mar 21, 2016
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 300
Exp
Since 2014
Crossed Portsmouth to Bilbao on Monday this week, we had printed off the forms from Brittany ferries website and they collect them as you disembark. All restaurants/bars on board were open except the a la carte restaurant. Ferry was half empty it seemed. Drove through Spain no problems, now in East Algarve enjoying the sunshine.

EdwardFT

Free Member
Aug 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
Your argument is invalid since the virus is in every country already. I've been in 16 countries this year, only been back in UK for a week (for MoT's and stuff) and can't wait to escape - for exactly the reason that I don't want to take unnecessary risks with my health. Too many people in UK aren't acting responsibly and I'd rather be in places where everyone takes full precautions as I do. I've not put any strangers at risk.
PS - I live full time in my motorhome so not technically going on holiday.
Hope the UK gets it's act together before I have to come back.
I agree with that. I am normally fulltiming in France, but I chose to come into Spain for a couple of reasons. Between those 2 countries I seriously doubt that I am carrying any risk. And the important thing surely is how many risks you take, for yourself and others. Since I am nearly 70 and on chemo so immunocompromised, I can assure you that I am taking as few risks as possible. And since I am alone in a motorhome, taking all the care that I can (including wearing disposable gloves when I have to shop), and the things that I do with my time are completely solitary (like hiking in the Picos de Europa off season), I must be one of the lowest risks around. So no, I don't feel bad about crossing a border. In my case that seems to be quite irrelevant.

EdwardFT

Free Member
Aug 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
England is probably the least safest place to be right now. Spain, well they seem to take no prisoners and dont mess about. A lot seems to be the respect that the Spanish have for the pro active manner in which the authorities are dealing with it. (Police)

Everywhere there will be idiots who disregard those around them and show no respect for the wellbeing of others. It just seems that we have a majority of them over here. Some people can't even grasp wearing a mask in a shop over here, how would they get on in spain having to wear a mask everywhere? Clueless.

Spain is a good option as far as I'm concerned and as others have said, how much more socially distant and self isolated can you be when in the moho?

The student population over here are supposedly our future responsible adults......covid is never going away with their attitude....shameful, and if one of my kids was acting like that, they'd get a good hiding......a politically correct or not !
I agree about Spain. I was pleasantly surprised to see the rate of mask wearing. Even people on their own in the street in a small town, 50 metres from the nearest other person, will wear a mask.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back