Costs for Marine Drive, Scarborough (1 Viewer)

Aug 1, 2023
Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Apache 700
Exp
I'm new and nervous but very excited!
I've recently enjoyed my 2nd motorhome trip staying just outside Scarborough and noted that motorhomes/campers etc were parking overnight on Marine Drive - many had to park sideways over 2 or 3 parking bays - I know it's £9 for 24 hours but does anyone know if you have to pay £9 x 2 if you park over 2 bays like I'd need to do with my 7.5m van? TIA

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
From an earlier post
Marine Drive is subject to a SBC order which prohibits waiting/parking by motor caravans between 11pm and 7am. That order applies to all SBC car parks including, as John says, the Sea Life Centre (officially named Scalby Mills car park).

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
I've recently enjoyed my 2nd motorhome trip staying just outside Scarborough and noted that motorhomes/campers etc were parking overnight on Marine Drive - many had to park sideways over 2 or 3 parking bays - I know it's £9 for 24 hours but does anyone know if you have to pay £9 x 2 if you park over 2 bays like I'd need to do with my 7.5m van? TIA

From another forum,

Just back from here although the council are trialing it they have not removed the big rocks that prevent anything longer than a car fitting in a bay. Some rocks have been pushed away so you can get your overhang over the grass. But speaking to some of the local van owners the council come along every so often with a grab and replace the rocks and are thinking or replacing them with a steel rail that can't be removed. So I would say they are tolerating vans but are not happy about it. You can of course park across bays and purchase multiple tickets or park in the few sideways bays on the hill. We used the ringo app and never seen a warden but was out from 10am to after 6pm.Leaving this morning peasholm park had flooded and caused the 2 roundabouts and corner of the seafront to become rather wet:ROFLMAO: boy racers are still a problem but the rain kept it quiet last night although a beeper went past twice early hours, locals tell me its a taxi driver.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
North Yorkshire County Council

There are certain restrictions for motorhomes parking in North Yorkshire. These can be found below. It is important to always check the local signs before parking in an area.
Park and ride areas
Motorhomes are allowed to park at the Scarborough park and ride sites, but not overnight. Caravans are not permitted.

Other parking areas
Motorhomes are not permitted to park between the hours of 11pm and 7am each day on the following streets:

• East Terrace, Whitby
• Royal Crescent, Whitby
• Links View/Love Lane, Whitby
• Sandside, Scarborough
• Foreshore Road, Scarborough
• Esplanade, Scarborough
• The Beach Road, Filey
• The Crescent, Filey
• A174 Sandsend, "The Parade"
The restricted times do allow the vehicles to park during the day.
Any other unrestricted road remains available for motorhome parking. It is important to always check the local signs and road markings before parking in an area. There are also many privately owned caravan camping sites along the coast line which welcome guests.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back